“Counting the Days until we can go back...” 5 of 5 stars

Boracay Beach Club
Station 1, Boracay Island | Malay, Aklan, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #6 of 132 Hotels in Boracay
Sanbornville, New Hampshire
“Counting the Days until we can go back...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

2 things make the Boracay Beach Club special: (1) the truely unique beachfront restaurant/lounge and (2) the amazing staff. For 7 straight mornings, we were served breafast (included in the rate!) of fresh pineapple, coffee/tea and a selection of yummy pancakes/french toast/eggs right at the ocean's edge. YUM! Grace from reception found out I enjoy soduko, so she would scan through the morning papers and personally deliver a puzzle and pen with my breakfast! Can't beat that for service!

One morning, after breakfast we were very surprised and delighted when the staff presented us with this totally YUMMY chocolate cake in celebration of our 21 year wedding anniversary. How very special and thoughtful! We just had to share with the staff and other guests, Chocolate cake for breakfast -- been a while since we had done THAT! :-)

The restaurant/lounge area is very directly on the beach -- none of those ugly plastic "screens" most other "beach front" areas have, Only pure, direct views and access to the ocean and refreshing breezes. EXCELLENT! We were perfectly happy to hang out under an umbrella, sipping cold drinks, reading books and hopping in and out of the ocean at will. As the day wears on, the lounge picks up to provide a perfect venue for watching a stunning sunset and the rush of people walking the beach catching the cooler air after the hot day while sipping a cold drink (happy hour 4-9 with 2for1 beer and some cocktails -- not my wine tho!). Nestor ensured we were well covered with food, snacks, and cold drinks all day and night.

It was just a perfect vacation! Lots of rest and relaxation. LOTS to do if you wanted to, but no pressure. Every day we enjoyed different things: swimming, snorkling, island hopping, kayaking, dinners out, discovering new foods, shopping, reading books, and just watching the ocean waves.

*sigh* It was great! Thanks to Ariel and all the staff! You really made us feel like visiting family. Hope to see you again sooner rather than later!

Room Tip: Lower room have better water pressure, but the higher rooms have more direct sunlight. We thought i...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I stayed at BBC for 5 days this months, and I had a wonderful time there! The booking was easy. I emailed them and got a reply the next day with detailed information on the hotel and the instructions on how to put down a deposit. They accept credit cards and PayPal, so no hassle there...

BBC is not one of those 5-star resort hotels that you find in Boracay, but it has this cozy, family-like feel to it. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I was always greeted with a smile. They helped me book the buggy car (the mini version of ATV), and one of the staff even came with me to take photos of me while I was riding it. I was pretty grateful for that.

BBC is located in Station 1, and it's NOT a beachfront hotel (they tell you this upfront before you make a reservation). You have to cross a two-lane road in order to get to the beach. However, they do have a beachfront cafe that serves drinks and food. I had my breakfast there for 2 days, and the view was magnificent! The food was good, but it could've been a bit warmer and the coffee was pretty horrible =P. Also, the famous Cocomangas nightclub is just next door. Having said that, I couldn't hear any noise from the nightclub while I was in my room at night.

The reason that I gave it 4 stars is that I found a cockroach on the 4th day of my stay. In spite of that, I highly recommend this place and will definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Stayed here based upon number 3 Trip Advisor rating and a great price through Agoda. I would agree that staff were warm and friendly throughout, and met every request promptly. Location is good at the quieter end of the beach but easy walking distance to the busy end. OK its just off the beach and you have to cross the road. The guards are attentive in helping you get across although it's not that difficult in reality. The beachfront area is pretty compact but is pleasant and a scenic view is on offer when having breakfast. The room is adequate with good cleaning and the bathroom is pretty nice with a walk in shower. Sufficient storage for clothes and other stuff. Not luxury but clean and comfortable. I have not stayed elsewhere on Boracay so cannot rate the other options available but confess although happy enough a little surprised that it rates number 3, must be because of the staff. However for a first stay on a reasonable budget in Boracay this is a warm and welcoming place where you will not be cheated or tricked out of your hard earned money. Also welcome was the approach where they trusted their customers, no signing to borrow an adaptor or beach towels, transfer on departure was arranged for one guest who departed early and again nothing needed to be signed it was taken on trust. This is something the major chains could learn from, I can't tell you how much I hate signing for beach towels at 5 star resorts. So here it was nice to feel like a valued customer not a potential thief.
Since I believe the owners really do desire good quality feedback to continuously improve the service I would offer the following relatively simple steps that might make a difference:
Breakfast could be improved, I only tried the English so maybe the other options are better. Second day they forgot the baked beans and did not substitute the eggs with an alternate, something they did happily the day before. An oversight I imagine. Coffee was good
Towels should be made available at the beach side as well as at reception, bit of a pain to have to head back across the road, and only serves to emphasise the non beachfront location of the hotel itself.
Pillows, suggest provide at least 1 extra pillow in the cupboard perhaps two, they were however provided promptly on request.
Suggest shower gel instead of soap or as well as in the bathroom
Wireless a little unstable, seems to need re-booting often.
I would emphasise that this is constructive feedback not a complaint and that overall I was happy with my experience here. I would certainly recommend this hotel for Boracay first timers on a budget as a safe, clean and friendly option. Would I stay here again, yes, although I might also be tempted to try somewhere different to get some kind of comparison.

Room Tip: The view from my room was not that scenic, a side street, maybe worth asking for a room with a view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel is not on the beach front, it is across the road from the beach. They have a beachfront restaurant and area on the beach with dedicated to the hotel with chairs and umbrellas setup. During our stay the staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurant is good. The room price is less than the beachfront hotels therefore this is very good value. We stayed in Feb 2011 and have booked this place again for our trip to Boracay in Oct this year.

Room Tip: Ask not to be put in the rooms facing the pool area. there can be noise at night from people sittin...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I only got to stay there for 2 nights but I found the place to be perfect for this short vacation of mine with my friends. The room was spacious enough for us and it was clean. The staff were very accommodating and really helpful. I loved the breakfast there especially their islander's breakfast which served bangus. I also liked the fact that they had a beach front lounge/restaurant where we spent most of our time admiring the scenery of the island. The location was also very accessible as there were lots of restaurants and bars just near us, especially Club Paraw which was literally located beside the resort. My friends and I weren't able to try going to Ariel's Point because of the limited time we had, but we will definitely come back here to try that next time! On my short stay there, I'd say that we could not have gotten a better place than this!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I stayed at BBC for the 4. Time last July. When the time came to leave, and I sat in the car on my way back to Caticlan, my head were filled with some of the same thoughts as I had after my last three stays there: "dough...I'm gonna miss this place and all the great people working there"....."when can I go back"...."this is my best vacation ever"...."to be honest, that little devil Coy are right....his burgers really rocks!"...."BBC rocks!"
I got married this July, and I had the wedding at seawind. Therefore I stayed there in one night before I returned to BBC. When I returned, there was a present for me and my wife in the reception. We were also ordered to move to a new room...a suite for the rest of our stay...no x-tra cost...that's that I call service!! That's how you make a simple guy from Norway feel special folks...thanku very much!
The hotel is pretty small, but the people working there are great. My feeling is it is like a family actually. The staff seems happy and respect each other...from the friendly guards at the port to the friendly owners of the place. Seeing this makes us guests happy too of course. I was lucky to bring some of my friends and family this time. You have a fan group from Norway now. Everyone have the same feeling as me. Everyone misses BBC and all of you guys working there.
Thanku for all the great times I have had there. Hope I can bring my wife and my jr back there soon :) Maybe the sex frustrated monkey at ariels point have got a bf then. And maybe his name is paal. That's a great name of a monkey if you ask me...Thanku :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

This is our second trip to BBC-14.08.11 to 17.08.11, this time me and my wife were joined by our folks from Canada, so this trip was extra special for us. As usual BBC took care of us right from the time we were picked up from the Jetty ( Thank you Jeff for that, he was great), even though our flight was diverted to Kalibo Airport, these guys were well organized and "waited" for nearly 2 hrs for @ the Jetty to pick us up.
Once we arrived to BBC, we were greeted by the staff and Mimi (owner), giving us the warm welcome, cold face towel and the chilled welcome drink. We were given our rooms, itinerary. Thank you to Hazel for organizing all this.
Our rooms were perfect, as usual clean, well lit, and well appointed. The restaurant "Ariel’s House" was the most anticipated place for us after the flight. The staff were excellent, Nester, Marian, Mar specially were excellent and so were the others, apologizes if I don’t remember your names. Entire Ariel’s House Staff- perfect service, staff, and perfect place
The food as excellent, new improved menu was really good and had good choices.
Overall experience was fantastic, this trip was especially important for our folks as all their needs were taken care of and made as comfortable as possible by the management and staff of BBC.
Thank you once again....hope to see you guys again, next year.
Haroon & Jodi Room # 303 & 105.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Boracay Beach Club? Share your experiences!