“LIFE IS GOOD @ BBC” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Boracay Beach Club to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Boracay Beach Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 1, Boracay Island | Malay, Aklan, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #5 of 131 hotels in Boracay
Dubai
“LIFE IS GOOD @ BBC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

This is our second trip to BBC-14.08.11 to 17.08.11, this time me and my wife were joined by our folks from Canada, so this trip was extra special for us. As usual BBC took care of us right from the time we were picked up from the Jetty ( Thank you Jeff for that, he was great), even though our flight was diverted to Kalibo Airport, these guys were well organized and "waited" for nearly 2 hrs for @ the Jetty to pick us up.
Once we arrived to BBC, we were greeted by the staff and Mimi (owner), giving us the warm welcome, cold face towel and the chilled welcome drink. We were given our rooms, itinerary. Thank you to Hazel for organizing all this.
Our rooms were perfect, as usual clean, well lit, and well appointed. The restaurant "Ariel’s House" was the most anticipated place for us after the flight. The staff were excellent, Nester, Marian, Mar specially were excellent and so were the others, apologizes if I don’t remember your names. Entire Ariel’s House Staff- perfect service, staff, and perfect place
The food as excellent, new improved menu was really good and had good choices.
Overall experience was fantastic, this trip was especially important for our folks as all their needs were taken care of and made as comfortable as possible by the management and staff of BBC.
Thank you once again....hope to see you guys again, next year.
Haroon & Jodi Room # 303 & 105.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

518 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I'm extremely critical in all my reviews as trip advisor has served me abounds over the past 10 years so I try to pay it forward. Regretfully, I was only in Boracay for 2 days, so I made the most of it and decided on BBC based on Trip Advisor. Unless you are looking for an all inclusive ritzy resort your best bet is Station 1 hotels thats where all the night life is. I enjoyed this hotel, despite the view being of a house under construction being my first impression of boracay after what seemed like a 3 day trek to get to the island (I was unaware they offered transfer from the airstrip but i managed on my own), I unpacked and walked across the street to the beach and was rendered speechless. Probably the prettiest beach I have ever seen. Room was adequate, bathroom was fine I feel my expectations were met for the great price on a room I got. Reception helped me exchange money and always provided me with directions and a trike cab when I needed to leave at 4am to get to the airport. I think its great they have a security guard that doesnt allow people in and helps walk you across the street (especially after a few drinks). Only issue I had was my free wifi was spotty at best in my room on the 3rd floor it appeared I was getting signal from second floor, not a huge deal but I was trying to work at least an hour a day while on holiday. I rectified it by heading to the lobby and I had no issues. I met ariel he was extremely gracious and appreciative to everyone not to mention attentive to staff and guest, thats key to success especially in a small hotel, I run my own business I know. Ariel's Point is a MUST DO I was initially under the impression I could take a cab, I found out an hour before you need to take a boat I quickly bought a ticket and had an awesome day jumping off cliffs, snorkeling, and getting free food/drink very well worth it. I see some people complaining with their review and if you want to validate mine check all the expensive hotels I stay at, this place in my opinion was very reasonably priced was and my expectation level at that price was clearly met. I did not have an oppurtunity to try the breakfast as Im more of a night/party person. I personally didnt mind not being beachfront its 40ft from your room, and Im more of a quiet when trying to rest person. I would return in a minute and the only suggestion I can offer to Ariel is spend some money on some high end pillows if its in the budget its an easy way to make a nights rest memorable. Great job BBC!!!

Room Tip: ask for Lower level room steps are work if you go in/out alot
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I booked directly with Boracay Beach Club - the booking was easy and straightforward. Upon arrival at Cataclan airport (more of an airfield!) we were greeted warmly and taken on a motorbike sidecar to the port which took 10 minutes. Then we hopped onto a quick boat and whizzed to the southern tip of Boracay Island - 20 mins probably, and then were taken in a taxi up the mainland to the Hotel.

The staff seemed friendly and allowed us to change in a room since ours wasn't yet ready and offered to look after our bags as we enjoyed the sun.... and although we had a brilliant time in Boracay, from here on in the Hotel did its best to ruin things! Firstly we had mouldy fruit in the room, followed by there never being hot water (only luke warm) and the lights kept fusing (and we weren't using a hair dryer or anything!), and during our stay we had a few cockroaches too!

The restaurant is not a restaurant but a cafe, and although breakfast is adequate, the service is unfriendly and if you even dare to ask for sugar on your pancakes you get a death stare! We had dinner one night and resorted to eating plain rice as the beef was far too salty, fatty and tasted old too.

Why do all other reviewers talk about Ariel's Point so excitedly?!? Perhaps because it a trip that you and other tourists can book through BBC for them to make money?! It's a massive anti-climax. Everyone on our trip agreed we thought it was over-priced and not worth it for an entire afternoon. Basically it's a rock which you can jump off and you pay for the privilege! The barbeque was bizarre, and the 12 people we were with ended up going into a cafe afterwards as we were hungry. All complaints fell on deaf ears. The manager only cared about getting her hair done in the local salon as she might miss her appointment. Annoying.

BBC is in a good location if you want some nightlife since there are lots of bars around and music up until about 2am, but here's my advice...

If you want to go cheap and have music you can do it just the same, for half the price and be on the beach rather than behind it. If you want to splash out, then go more expensive as their marketing does not represent the brand on their website, or their obvious Trip Advisor marketing either! However - do go to Boracay as the beach is better than anywhere I have seen in Asia - the sand is so white and clean that it squeaks, and the water is so clear and warm it's like a giant oasis. The locals were friendly, if not a little pervy at times!

Go for it.. just not here!

P.S. I was staying for a week with my girlfriend, and we became friends with some of the other travellers, and none of us got to know the staff's names, let alone think they were so brilliant. The "other" reviews must know the staff well!

Room Tip: Book elsewhere - not here!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
BoracayBeachClub, Owner at Boracay Beach Club, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Thank you for your recent feedback. Since we opened our hotel in 2008, it has always been our goal at the Boracay Beach Club to exceed our guests’ expectations by managing our organization with integrity and commitment. We believe that long-term success is only possible when we are able to turn first-time visitors into loyal guests who value the accommodations and services that we offer. As a small hotel, we strive to do this by providing personalized service and convenience. Based on your comments, we will strive to be more consistent in both of these areas.

While we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Boracay and found our booking process fairly convenient, we are sorry to hear your experience at the Boracay Beach Club did not exceed your expectations and our standards. Although our accommodations do not fall in the luxury-resort category, we diligently seek to make each of our guests as happy as possible. For this reason, we are one of the few independent hotels in Station 1 that regularly offers to refund our guests’ charges for the remainder of their stay if they are not satisfied with the Boracay Beach Club’s accommodations and service offerings after their first night.

Regarding our hotel services, we apologize for any unsatisfactory experiences you might have had due to room deficiencies or poor service. We reviewed our housekeeping and maintenance logs this morning, and we were unable to identify the room that lacked sufficient hot water and proper lighting. (Because of an insufficient energy supply on the island, resorts throughout the island regularly experience low voltage periods and unscheduled blackouts, during which time different electrical appliances will fail to work properly. For this reason, luxury resorts such as Shangri-La Boracay must run a gas-driven generator 24-7 in order to maintain their five-star standard.) Thus, we gladly welcome any additional feedback you would be willing to provide us over e-mail or over the phone so that we can ensure the problems you listed have been corrected.

Regarding Ariel’s Point, this eco-adventure destination offers a new daytime option for adventure-seeking guests. While Ariel’s Point might not appeal to all Boracay Island visitors, it has gained a loyal following among both international travelers and island residents because of its exhilarating location and sociable atmosphere. It has received positive reviews on national television shows such as Sports Unlimited and Trip na Trip and various magazines such as Mabuhay and Smile (where it was rated one of the top 12 activities for adventure-seekers in East Asia). Most of the dishes that comprise the barbecue lunch at Ariel’s Point are native to the region and are selected based on prior guests’ feedback, freshness, and seasonal availability. In the past, Ariel’s Point offered a more intercontinental cuisine. Given the predominance of European and American cuisine on Boracay Island, however, many guests wanted to experience more local fare ranging everywhere from the standard pork liempo, grilled grouper, and barbecued chicken to the more exotic sea urchin, shrimp crackers, and eggplant salad. Nevertheless, we welcome any additional suggestions you might have on how the menu might be improved to better appeal to the palettes of our international guests while still providing a unique dining experience.

If you have the opportunity to visit Boracay again in the near future, please let us know. Although we understand you might prefer to stay at a different hotel based on your individual needs, we are always delighted to speak with former and current guests about how we can strengthen our brand by gaining a better understanding of our customers and what they value in a small hotel. While e-mail and telephone feedback are valuable, we still prefer to find an amiable solution to guest concerns in-person, especially since conversations with some of our least satisfied guests have yielded some of the most valuable insights on how we can improve our organization.

One final note: Boracay has experienced unprecedented tourism growth over the past year. Given the importance we place on sustainable development, over the last several months, different members of our management team have taken up important leadership roles in various non-profit organizations on Boracay Island. While we feel privileged to work in the hospitality field, we also feel responsible for supporting myriad social, environmental, and economic development causes in our island community. The consequence, however, is that we have been spending less time with our guests and more time dealing with a wide range of stakeholders to help ensure that Boracay’s development is well-managed in the long-term. Because everyone on our team takes your feedback very seriously, over the next few days, we will examine different ways that our staff can more effectively balance our time between creating value in our island community and guaranteeing value for our future guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We wish you all the best in your future travels, and we hope you can visit many more beautiful destinations in the Philippines in the future!

Warm regards,

Ariel
Cocos Island, Mariana Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The rooms were clean and cozy.

Nothing special, but you don't spend your time in the rooms in Boracay. They arranged our trips when we wanted them and cancelled them for us when the weather was bad.

They referred us to one of the best dive shops on the island "Free Willy Dive Shop", and took care of us like we were part of the Ariel family.

Truly a gem in Boracay and we will be back.

Room Tip: Adjoining family rooms are great for the larger groups.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Pros
Clean
New Bedding
Internet in room
Put a 3rd mattress in the room for a 3rd friend
Pool
Hotel-owned bar across the street of the hotel on the beach
Location (between station 1 and 2, next to much of the nightlife)

Cons
None that stick out

Summary
We got the package deal for $399 for 2 people that included 4days/3nights, breakfast all days, dinner 1 day, 8 drink tickets each for use at the 2 bars, a couple boat trips, etc. They allowed us to add a 3rd person for an additional $110.

I'd recommend this property to friends.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We've stayed in this place last April 8-10, 2011. Location is great - just at the back of Boracay Regency. There's a pool, gym and buffet breakfast is included. Rooms are modern and cozy and is cleaned everyday. All in the price way way below than the beach front occupant. :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Took the 4D3N package with my family. It was a good value. They met us at caticlan, and was meet with cold drink and super cold towel the second we got in the property, I call that service. All staff we encountered were warm and friendly. My only regret is, missed out on Ariels point because it rained most of the time we were there. But no complaints here, boracay is so much fun.
Highly recommend...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Boracay Beach Club? Share your experiences!