“"Great value for money"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MR Holidays Hotel

You added MR Holidays Hotel to your Saves list
MR Holidays Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Boat Station 1 | Balabag, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #61 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
Quezon City
“"Great value for money"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

To start i would like to thank all the hotel staff special mention to "Tin" for a great job well done!!!
I'm so excited to write my review for MR HOLIDAY because when i was reading all the reviews prior our visit it sounded to me like too good to be true. But very helpful.

And now... it all came to a conclusion of a beautiful experience me and my little family had during our stay in Boracay MR Holiday.

Been to bora several times but my experience this visit was so
awesome. The location is so perfect.
The hotel is not that expensive. everything is with in reach. They have this store where u can buy water, chips etc. You can go back and forth to your rooms anytime since its like 20 steps away from the powdery sand and water. You can stay all day in there beach beds if u want. which i did.

I love the pizza from beach bites tried 3 flavors and everthing taste so delicious. kasbah morocco restuarant is just beside Mr. Holiday, a must try resto and one of boracay highlight resto in bora. Try their frozen mint ice tea and their hot mint tea also so flavorful and mouthwatering.

To sum it up....wonderful vacation and unforgettable experience.

Stayed February 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

In a spur of the moment, because of a good friend's wedding, I was forced to find an affordable place in Station One. So I looked and looked and found this hotel. I have to say the stay was worth it. Every time I text them about something, they would reply right away. When we finally got there through Sea Wind, JP was there waiting for us to carry our bags. The hotel is not exactly at the beach front but it's only a few steps away. It's a real plus that the hotel is right beside Discovery Shores too! The two double bed room we got at the second floor was clean and made up, no funky smells and no mosquitoes the whole time we were there. The small airconditioner was really cold but temp was adjustable. They provide bath amenities such as towels, shampoo and soap. You also have a fridge in the room which is pretty rare for a budget hotel in Boracay. As mentioned already by others here, the staff is great! Lea, Ann and the others were very accommodating to our requests such as early check in (we arrived at 830am and our room was ready!), we asked for an iron, and also allowed us to check out late! They also set up your sun chair at the beach front and provide beach towels. The free breakfast was ok, it wasn't anything great though I enjoyed the pancake. At night, the area is quiet so you're sure to have a good night's rest. Oh and they can serve food to your room too. There was a balcony but not much to see except the side of Discovery Shores. They also provide a cabinet to hang your clothes, with hangers as well as a safe to keep your valuables. They change your towels every day and fix your room. There's wifi but sometimes it was weak in our room so you have to go down to get more signal. They also provide transfer services and are very very prompt! All in all it was a great experience for us and will definitely come back to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We already been here twice (September last year and last March 2013) and the staff are all nice. The price is affordable for us since we are more than 20 people, we rented three rooms and one of the family room at the top floor. Too bad, the place where we used to drink at the top floor has been converted to another family room. What I do not like about this place is the long walk that you need before you can go to the street to ride tricycles. However, I really love how peaceful and quite here. They also offer room massage service which is so great! I wouldn't think twice going back here every time we visit Boracay! :-)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

If you're looking for a budget hotel in Boracay then this is without a doubt one of the best!

Location-wise you really can't get any better, Mr. Holidays (located right next door to their sister hotel Blue Waves Hotel) is located at the very end of Station #1 on White Beach. It's nestled in-between Discovery Shores & Friday's (2 of the top resorts on the Island bar the Shangri-La) so shares their heavenly beach space!
Gorgeous white, soft sand & crystal-clear bright blue sea just moments from the hotel door - it really is all about the beach in Boracay and this section is just stunning. There are designated recliner beds & fresh beach-towels laid out on the beach for the hotel guests (there are plenty so no need to lay your towel out at 7am!!).

Station #1 is the more relaxed/ cleaner part of the Island, the other end of Stn #1 onto #2 & #3 are much more lively, slightly dirtier & heaving with bars, restaurants etc. Fun to explore but as all are well within walkable distance I wouldn't recommend staying anywhere else other than here.

The Standard rooms at the Hotel are very basic but also very clean (I'm very fussy), fresh linen & towels, okay shower & western style toilet, TV & safe in room, bed firm but okay. Walls are very thin so can be quite noisy if you have noisy neighbors. No fridge in the Standard Room but the very friendly staff were more than happy for us to use the fridge in the lobby for wine etc!
I did not see one bug there for my entire 6 night stay either which was a pleasure :)

Staff are helpful & super friendly, speak perfect English & they helped us to book our bus/ ferry to & from Kalibo Airport fuss-free & very cheaply (takes approx. 3hrs).

Breakfast isn't great (choice of Filipino or Continental - egg on toast, fruit & a very sugary juice drink/ instant coffee) but as the room cost is so cheap you really can't complain, you can pay a little extra & have an omelette/ pancake instead, also there are lots of other cafe's nearby for good coffee.

Overall we were delighted with our budget hotel choice & would absolutely recommend/ stay again on our next visit - thanks all at Mr. Holidays!

Room Tip: Recommend Kasbah (Moroccan restaurant next door to Mr. Holidays) for dinner/ lunch/ happy-hour cockt...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Irkutsk, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Well, I would like to start with the hotel description. First of all it is very well situated-almost on the beach, very near to it. You can go to have breakfast or swimming even without slippers, it's great. The roomas are not large but very clean and cozy, there is a good shower, fridge, Tv-set. Everything is rather new and well-cleaned every day. Breakfast is a bit poor but it is typical for the Boracay hotels but you can add some money to improve it. The most helpful staff I have ever met, they even can reserve the beachbeds for you if you like some particular but in our case some impolite and ill-mannered European family from Latvia or Lithuania from Azul hotel twice occupied our beachbeads which belong only to the guests of MR Holidays - they are beachfront and there are also sun umbrellas, so the manager solved all our problems very easy and quickly. We very like the staff because they try to create a positive atmosphere and you feel like you are the only guests at the hotel, so we were very satisfied with the staff working. Also we had great lunch almost every day at the nearest cafe called Beach Bites - they cook fantastic pizza, the best on Boracay I believe! The staff of this cafe is very great, they are polite, very well-mannered and friendly, thei pizza and special dessert from chief are very tasty, try it! So, during our vacations we saw a lot of hotels- big and small, cheap and very expensive, but I think it is the best one cuz it is in the 1 Station and not very expensive, there is a great manager and very good staff, near you can have a terrific lunch. So, enjoy!

Room Tip: Superior rooms are much better than Standard, WI-FI is better on the first floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stamford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have stayed twice at Mr Holiday's and have to say what a superb location it is in. The rooms are reasonable given the location (this end of station 1 consists mostly of luxury resorts). The location is at the more peaceful end of station 1 (beware some resorts are very close to loud nightclubs!) and the beach is just beautiful, pure white sand. The hotel is a little set back but is still on the beachfront. One or two rooms have balcony views (Blue Waves is right on the beach front) The last time I went they had upgraded to some new beach furniture which staff will put out for you if it is not already out. There is a little snack bar along with the other restaurant and a beautiful Moroccan restaurant, Kasbah, at the front. All the food I experienced was really good.

The rooms are clean and basic, including a television with a good range of channels. Air conditioning works well too.

Breakfast is served outside in the communal area of Mr Holidays and Blue Waves. There are several breakfast options but I would strongly recommend the omelette.

Staff are friendly and polite. They can arrange transfers for you to the boats and to catch flights.

I only have two small criticisms. The first is that behind the hotel is a very noisy cockerel. Local staff live behind the hotel and I guess this cockerel belongs to them. It is naturally up early and can be heard from all the back rooms. I even heard someone from the Ambassador resort complaining! The second thing is you do get a lot of beach sellers hanging around Mr Holidays and Blue Waves area. I guess they either live near there or know the local people. I don't wish to sound mean because they don't bother you too much and they get to know you but you do get asked quite often (unless you are asleep). They aren't aggressive in any way and I guess they are just trying to earn a living. The larger resorts don't allow they to approach their patrons.

In the quieter seasons (Ive been twice in October) you are welcome to visit the resorts such as Ambassador, Fridays etc and order a couple of drinks and stay all day on their sun loungers. That way you can move about and see different things.

All in all, a great little low-cost resort, right on the beach front (beware those that say they are close but are not) with lovely, friendly staff. I would highly recommend. Just get rid of the cockerel please!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Pasig, Rizal, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I agree, I'd love to be selfish but that would really be a disservice to the WONDERFUL people of MR HOLIDAYS RESORT, BLUE WAVES HOTEL, WESTCLIFF VILLAS. Truly, the best assets of this simple no-frills resort with a heavenly view and location.
MR HOLIDAYS is tucked in at the back of sister-hotel BlueWave which is in front. The Moroccan restaurant Kasbah is also out front. There is also Swiper's Inn behind Kasbah and One Azul Hotel right beside MR Holidays. The resort is right smack in the pristine area of Station One, where the sand is at its finest and widest. It is flanked on one side by Discovery Shores and Ambassador on the other. Oh, the wonderful company it keeps.
The room was clean, the a/c worked, the shower was spacious. They have umbrellas in case you need to use it in the rain and they provide you with beach towels as well.
Thanks to the wonderful people there... Mae, Lea, Alona and all the other dear and sweet staff. Truly made our stay memorable.
Hope the owners are aware of this.
Definitely wont stay anywhere else in Boracay.

Room Tip: Wifi available only in the reception area. The only downside was the long walk to get to the main ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to MR Holidays Hotel? Share your experiences!