“Almost perfect...will go back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alice in Wonderland Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boracay
Alice in Wonderland Beach Resort
You added Alice in Wonderland Beach Resort to your Saves list
Manggayad, Aklan Province 5608 , Philippines   |
Ranked #93 of 137 Hotels in Boracay
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
“Almost perfect...will go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Just to clarify, I'm reviewing the company's hotel near the beach (not the bungalows that most are reviewing here). I like the place, nothing fancy, looks like a condo showroom (that's what it reminded me of). When we got there they were still cleaning the room so we had to wait, I actually saw them cleaning the room which was comforting I suppose. Sheets were clean! So was the bathroom (shower and bathtub). It was reasonably priced but they didn't accept credit card.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bratislava, Slovakia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

We stayed in the bungalows in Alice in wonderland for 4 nights - it is a nice, quiet place with large bed, and the aircondition was working, however we were disappointed by the cleanliness - bathroom was dirty, there was mold on the walls and the floor was not wiped out.
The other bad thing (for us) were the mattresses - they were too soft, so you "sink" into them.
However, the area is very nice, there is a pool with a small bar, nice patio by each bungalow and it is close to the beach.

One important thing - if you are only two or a small group of people, don't book any accomodation via internet - in fact, the prices are quite higher in internet, than directly on place. We were in Boracay in peak season without any booking in advance, and there was no problem to find accomodation, there are plenty of free rooms in any category. Actually, this is true for whole Philippines :)

Room Tip: There is no need to book in advance via internet.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

Alice in Wonderland is a nice place to stay some days. It is quiet, has a pool, a bar and in front of your room a hammok. Boracay can be very busy so it is nice to have a place to relax.

The rooms are big enouth and clean but the toilet/shower room could need renovation.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

we enjoy our vacation at Boracay specially we have a nice and affordable hotel which is Wonderland Resort, They have a very warm staff that will greet you every time you enter in their greenish garden that cool in the eye. We are planning to go back there next February 2012 to experience again with my family this time the WONDERLAND of Boracay.

Room Tip: worth of a price hotel
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I spent 6 nights there. Staff is unuseful. They will say hello only you say it first. Rooms are OK as you have fridge, AC and hotwater.
But this is not the main fact... When we spent the first night, we notice that the main door of my room was very tired as holes were on the front. The third night I came back to the hotel and as my friend was sleeping inside with the key I knocked the door until he opened it.
The sleeping guard listening noise woke up and told me "I you break anything you will pay!" So nice...
The next days, I thought the problem was forgotten as no one came to me and as I REALLY did anything to this door.
My friend had an foot accident in Boracay and his insurance company decided to repatriate him to Europe. When checking out, they talked about the door. I explained them that holes were already on the door. Then, they hindered us leaving, called guards and told us that they will call the airport to hinder us to leave Philippines (I repeat that my friend was INJURED).
Finally, in order to take care of the health of my friend I paid them 60 USD which finished directly in their pocket as they didn't give us nor receipt for the nights and neither proof of this unfair payment.
If you go to this place, thar will be at your own risks!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I really want to warn other travelers from going there, as on White Beach there is an abundance of pretty accomodations with fabulous staff.

At Alice in "Wonderland", the rooms are very dark, smelly and old. Your really just want to get out there in the morning as soon as possible.

The staff is extremely unfriendly, they don't even try to make you feel welcome. The rooms are utterly overprized, in my opinion, and the WiFi that was supposed to work on your veranda (which was made of plastic trying to look like bamboo) did not work at all, only at the pool bar. I don't want to go into more detail but I also found them betraying me.

So please, listen to the reviewers and don't go there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

This place was recommended to us by the tourist information at the ferry station. Stayed only one night there and found a MUCH better place (Tonglen Resort) the next day, where we then spend 4 nights.

Staff were not welcoming, particularly interested or friendly, room ok but smelly bathroom and air condition didn't work. Feels like a tourist rip-off. Due to the location they don't really have to try and make people stay.

They also hand you a whole list of weird "rules" e.g. you cannot charge your mobile phone in the room, etc. Just not customer friendly.

There are 3 "Alice in Wonderland" properties - one right on the beach where we stayed, one garden property and another one on the other side of the island.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Alice in Wonderland Beach Resort? Share your experiences!