“Most Expensive Dive Shop on Boracay.” 3 of 5 stars

+63 36 288 3206
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering Diving & Land Safaris along with any activities you may wish to do during your stay on Boracay Island. We make trips to Monkey Island, Maniguin Islands, Panagan Cays & Apo Reef for Diving, Tibiao Waterfalls and Zip line over land. We can also organize any specials trips you may wish to do.
Oslo
27 attraction reviews
“Most Expensive Dive Shop on Boracay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Overall, experience is okay with them. The equipment is updated and all seems fine, the location is right on the beach with a pool. Staff are good at what they do, but the prices they charge, which are higher than any other dive shop we contacted on Boracay do NOT warrant using them. They do not exceed other dive shops on what they offer to charge that much more. Try Fish Eye as one example.

Visited December 2011

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Good Stuff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Went on a fun dive with his place and had a great time. Good boat, good equipment, good divemaster and good diving. Glad a went with this dive shop despite the many MANY options along the beach.

The bar & restaurant serves great food as well!

Visited March 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 attraction reviews
“Perfect if you want personal attention”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I did my Open Water more than a year ago and wanted to do a refresher before putting all the gear up and getting into open water. There is a huge number of dive shops on the islands and a for a beginner like me, it was a very difficult decision to make where to go: some place were too intimidating for me, beginner, some places looked shabby and some places had no sign of PADI certificate anywhere on them. After walking up and down the beach I finally found Calypso and was immediately impressed by the facilities (they have their own dive pool, equipment shop etc) and the service. I was offered a fresher immediately (even though i was the only student) and told that if i finish it successfully i could go on the dive already that day.
I was very nervous to start with but the instructor Andrew was extremely patient with me and helped to overcome some of the fears I have always had about diving, taking my mask off etc...It was really great experience.
I went on two extra dives with the local dive masters and both dives were good. I was the least experienced diver on the boat and the dive masters took great care of me. There are around 5 dives a day and minimum number of 2 is required for the dive to happen. I have not had more than 4 people plus a dive master on the two dives I did.
I would definitely recommend Calypso if you are planning to get your Open Water, refresher or simply go on a couple of dives with them.

Visited February 2012
Taipei
“Wonderful 1st diving experience with Calypso!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I did the Discover Diving half day beginner's course with three friends. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to dive for our entire stay in Boracay and decided to do this at the last minute - so glad I did! I was VERY nervous about it, but Rainier (sp?), our guide, was so professional, relaxed, and patient that by the time we were in the ocean I felt extremely secure and comfortable - something I'd never expected to feel while several meters under water! First a video, then a review of the video, then practicing for ourselves in the small pool out front. All very step-by-step and thorough. I felt so in control by the end of the training and hardly nervous at all. Rainier was the perfect blend of informative, entertaining, laid back but also serious. (He does have a slight Philippino (maybe?) accent. Very very slight, but I did hear one woman being a bit impatient with him later on, like she couldn't understand, ugh!) I would suggest trying to go on a calm, good weather day. The weather was quite windy and gray when we booked, which limited us to one diving site that was more protected. Rainier told us that a group he was with the day before (with calmer weather at a different site) doing the Discover course saw a turtle, which I'm told is a pretty magical experience. If you're a beginner, this is definitely a good place to start! So worth the money and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Visited January 2012
Calgary
6 attraction reviews
“Great experience with Calypso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Daughter and husband took their wreck diving specialty, tough but fair instructor!

Visited December 2011