“Great value, location and excellent service!” 4 of 5 stars

Beachcomber Resort Boracay
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Station 1, Aklan Province 5501, Philippines   |
Ranked #60 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
Dublin, Ireland
“Great value, location and excellent service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

My cousin and I stayed here for 4 days and the location was perfect and the service excellent. The rooms I would say are just average, probably not for honeymooners or couples looking for a romantic getaway, but I would highly recommend it for friends looking for an affordable place that is clean and comfortable and in a great location, with a great staff. Since we didn't spend as much time in the room, this place was perfect for us. We had a few problems with the wi-fi, but were able to connect most of the time. They have a nice beachfront area with a bar, the free breakfast was good and the staff very friendly and accommodating. We had our free breakfast served to our room every morning and on one day we even overslept and missed the breakfast cutoff, but they still brought us our free breakfast at almost lunchtime. The bar staff were very friendly and were always at our service. It's right next to Jonas shakes and just a walk from the nightlife at Paraw. It's a little farther from the nightlife at the other end of the beach (Summer Place area), but only about a 10-minute walk and tricycles are easy to catch. I would definitely stay here again with friends and recommend it to anyone looking for a good place for it's value.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

I booked this hotel and paid the 10% advance in dollars here in net. When we checked in and pay the remaining balance the lady told me that their credit card machine only accept pesos (their exchange rate is 4 pesos more that the actual rate) which means I was charged $100.00 extra than the actual cost (I booked 2 rooms). Obviously they do that to rob foreigners.One more thing is when I booked the rooms 6 months ago it says in the package for 'honeymoon suite' it includes body massage but again they told me it WASN'T and that they already told the 'direct hotels' to take that service out in the package. Why the heck they did not inform us before our check in date, I booked it 6 months in advance and was expecting to have that massage since it was included in the room package the time I booked it. Its a freakin scam. I was very dissapointed! Im going back to boracay but definitely not going back to Beachcomber.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

My husband and I decided to go to boracay for our first wedding anniversary. and since we own a travel agency, we have a lot of good relationships with a lot of resorts. It made the pick a lot harder than it should. Then a few weeks before our trip, one of my employees suggested we stay at Beachcomber. I trust my employees so we decided to go with them. Sure enough, there isnt a day we regretted staying there..they upgraded our room to a honeymoon suite for free and treated us nothing less than royalties. I would go back over and over again :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Malolos, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Welcoming - As soon as we arrived at the resort, the receptionists greeted us and provided us their welcome drinks (iced tea). They communicated the necessary details regarding our stay - breakfast schedule, room service, transfer, etc. They even managed to asked how our trip went. :)

The Room - We stayed at room 103 (that's a superior room just in front of the pool, which by the way is so cool about the them. Unlike other boutique hotels, they have a small pool for those who want to take a dip somewhere other than the beach). air-con properly working; lots of storage area. Everything is the same as is seen on their website :)

The Bathroom - clean. size is adequate. hot/cold shower is working. bath towels, shampoo, soap and toothpaste are provided.

WIFI - yes there is but signal gets low from time to time. But generally, it's okay. Besides, unless it's something urgent, who needs the internet when you have the gorgeous beach right there? It's time to take a total break from your usual world :)

Location - Beachcomber is in station 1, which I must say is more peaceful and quieter than station 2. The resort itself is not beachfront, although their resto, Cafe Zeppelin is. You have to cross the street in order to get to the beach. But it's no fuss. It's just a few steps, like 4 to 5 steps. Besides, the security guard escorts guests who are crossing the street. It's only walking distance away from Dmall, which is the center of island. Beachfront is also not crowded. And as oppose to other reviews, we experienced only minimal amount of noise during our stay.

Complimentary Breakfast - is good and just enough. We had pancakes, tapa, tocino, rice and egg. They offer great variety of styles (Filipino, American, Continental etc). Each day they will provide you with a "breakfast form" so they would know what, where and when to serve the food. For us, we ate our breakfast overlooking the beach and the scene was breathtaking!

Staff - what can I say? they were very nice, friendly and accommodating. From the time I was inquiring and booking our room, during our stay up to the moment we were leaving the resort, everyone had demonstrated promptness.They attended immediately to all our concerns and helped in carrying all our luggages. Plus they were kind enough to allow us to keep those luggages in their office, since we had to vacate the room, and our transfer would arrive one hour later than the check out time, and we wanted to buy souvenirs at Dmall. Also, they managed our transfer by calling them and ensuring that they'll be on time. :) They never failed to greet us everytime we pass by. :)

Things that Need Improvement - I suggest that they improve their wifi as it tends to be slow from time to time. Also, I recommend that they change their beach beds into something more trendy and comfy. :)

In general, we loved the resort. If you are on a tight budget, this is your place. We definitely enjoyed our stay and we'll be considering Beachcomber on our next visit on Boracay :)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Quezon City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

Location is nice - in Station 1, cross a street to the beach

Venue is ok, no good view. We are on the side near back, no view.

Staff - good but did not give us refund even they extended their promo period. They just give us a bigger room with another bed which is useless for us. They could have refund a bit to us. Also, we book a island hopping tour through them which is more expensive than the original price.

Swimming pool is small, though I do not plan to swim there as I'm in Boracay white sand beach...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

This was my first trip to Boracay and I booked Beachcomber from all of the reviews. In my opinion it is a decent hotel. We stayed in the family room and we got what we paid for. I think the best thing about it is that it is affordable, clean and practically beach front. I didnt have anything that is worth complaining about.

Its location is very good - not too close to all the commotion but just a short walk away. It is at a stunning part of the beach. Breakfast was satisfactory. Staff were friendly, they even have a guard which stops traffic to help you cross the road.

In short, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

Booked this hotel for Chinese New Year based on positive reports on Trip Advisor and was baffled on arrival. The hotel is depressing; the pool is tiny and right next to the main road, and it is very overpriced compared to other much nicer hotels in better locations. We booked the family room which was dark, the curtains were closed to shut out the building site next door and the bathroom was fusty. The beds were rock hard and everything looked years and years old. If you are going to Boracay I would recommend the Boracay Beach Resort which is the same price but about 20 times nicer, more modern and right on the beach as opposed to on the main road.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Beachcomber Resort Boracay? Share your experiences!