“Amazing food & location” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Bakeries, Continental, Philippine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Amazing food & location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We ate an amazing breakfast here. It is just across the street from the #1 rated beach so the view is beautiful. The food and customer service were even better. Delicious meals at a great price and a very hospitable staff. I strongly recommend!!

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
“Beautiful mornings are made up by beautiful breakfasts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We ordered a french toast with muscovado syrup and bacon slab with eggs and garlic rice. Bill was around P500+, all-in.

PROS:
1. The interior looks clean, has decent AC, and a nice ambiance. This happy and sunny place is where you should go when you wake up early in the morning. We sat outside the restaurant as they have a couple of chairs and tables there and the beach was in front of us.
2. The french toast was an absolute delight; I really loved the crust! Bacon slab was kinda dry, but it wasn't hard to chew. The garlic rice was cooked and prepared just right.
3. Thumbs up for the dish presentations.
4. Attentive chef/manager. When our waitress was busy with other customers, the chef/manager, who was sitting on the table working on her laptop, stood up and took our orders when she saw that we were ready to order.
5. Affordable!

CONS:
1. I wish I can think of anything.

OVERALL: Located at Station 3, past Andoks, away from the bustle of D'Mall. I agree with one of the reviews, there should be a Sunny Side Cafe in Manila! This is a really nice breakfast place!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“Best.Pancakes.Ever. Please open a branch in Manila!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

One of the highlights during my first Boracay trip! My friends and I forgot about the long walk from station 1 to the restaurant's location at station 3 because as soon as we entered we were welcomed and sat down by friendly owners and staff, and the ambience was homey and relaxing. We tried one kind of pancakes for each of the 3 consecutive days we ate there. We got red velvet with cream cheese, malagos chocolate (my favorite, because it tastes like a cup of hot cocoa on Christmas day), and espresso with caramel--the MOST HEAVENLY pancakes I've ever tasted! three people can share one order because of the serving size. They also have delicious angus beef tapa with sunny side up eggs, bacon and mango grilled cheese sandwich, calamansi meringue pie, and French roasted coffee. I am craving for their food all over again, how I wish they open a branch here in Manila! Please do not miss Sunny Side Cafe when you visit Boracay. I would go to back Boracay just to be able to eat here again.

nowpot, Owner at The Sunny Side Cafe, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Hello! Thank you for writing about The Sunny Side Cafe!

We're happy to read that you enjoyed our pancakes! Your description was one of the nicest we've heard. And we're also glad to see that you liked our other offerings as well.

Thank you as well for walking all the way from Station 1 to our restaurant. It is great to know that you think it was worth it! We hope to see you again soon on The Sunny Side!

“Great breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

What an amazing place! Very relaxed and delicious breakfast. Try the fresh mango juice, it's great! The staff is very friendly and there are so many amazing dishes on the menu that even after 4 times I still had a hard time to choose what to eat! Definitely worth going!

Visited May 2014
nowpot, Owner at The Sunny Side Cafe, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Hello! Thank you for writing a review for The Sunny Side Cafe!

We're glad you enjoyed our food and our mango juice! And we hope to see you again at The Sunny Side Cafe so you can try our other items on the menu!

Nowie
“I would eat here for breakfast lunch and dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Very friendly staff. Enjoyed the bacon mango jam grilled cheese it was absolutely delicious. Very clean and great prices. Everything on the menu sounded so good it was hard to choose just one dish. I would highly recommend this place!

nowpot, Owner at The Sunny Side Cafe, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Hello! Thank you for writing a review for The Sunny Side Cafe!

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our Bacon & Mango Grilled Cheese Sandwich. We hope to see you again soon at The Sunny Side!