“Nice resort... it was like staying in someone's home...” 4 of 5 stars

The Strand Boracay Resort
Sitio Sinagpa, Brgy. Balabag, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #24 of 133 Hotels in Boracay
Muntinlupa, Philippines
“Nice resort... it was like staying in someone's home...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My family and I stayed at this resort for 4 rainy nights last September and we really enjoyed it. The one-bedroom suites were spacious, clean and more importantly, everything worked. The pool area was very nice and the food was good.
The resort is in a quiet area (the far end of Station 1), and it is not on the beach (if it were the review would have been excellent!). White Beach is a 2 minute walk from the resort.
One very good observation I had about this place is the service. From the time I booked (directly via email) until I checked out, I only had to deal with one capable person (Ms. Dane) - a rarity in the Philippines where you sometimes have to deal with several people and layers of middle management for any request. During our stay, nothing was ever too much for the staff at the Strand. And they were so nice and friendly too.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites on the second floor of the main building have high ceilings and are spacious...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My girlfriend just hated the place, I was a bit less negative so overall rating is somewhat the average (a bit generous average)

Location: not far from the beach and it's a quieter side of white beach; however, just next to a cemetery if you mind, and at night, specially if it rains, you are a bit out of the action, pretty dark around the resort until you get close enough. Room is large, toilet/shower room seem newly renovated, but the rest of the room seemed tired. Missing some basic things you'd find everywhere else (tissues, a hair-dryer, toiletries in general, the complimentary water was added just on the first night). Swimming pool is ok, breakfast okish. Overall I would not go back

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I just stayed at The Strand for the second time (and we were upgraded from a standard room to a 1-bedroom suite). I discovered it the first time through the wonderful reviews at Tripadvisor. I was looking for a quiet beautiful place but one that is not very far from the beachfront, and this was the perfect place! I must warn though that if your intention is to party in Boracay or be in the midst of all the activities there, then this is not the place for you. If you want privacy, then you've come to the right place. You get the feeling that the resort is all yours. In fact you would wonder if there are other guests there, but believe me there are!

The Strand is just a short walk from the beach, so no issue there. And if you tire of the sea, then the resort's relaxing pool is fantastic. Not large but just right.

And as most of the reviewers are saying, the service is really at the highest level. One time, when we were returning from a morning out, Dane saw us carrying a takeout box. She asked if we would want some plates and utensils, they would bring to our room. How thoughtful!

As to the room, the 1-bedroom suite is very large and very nice. Maybe one minor comment, there is a slight, I mean slight, smell of something damp or moldy. But I think it's because of the weather then (rainy) that somehow affected the wood furnishings or something. Nothing caused by man, only by nature. And when we first stayed during summer time, there was nothing like that.

I would surely come back to The Strand. And to the staff, keep up the good work!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at the strand for 5 nights and we found the rooms to be well maintained , with great staff willing to help and be of service. They are about 100 meters from the white sandy beaches and they have a great pool to relax in away from the busy beach.

Their rooms were very spacious and ideal for a couple with 2 kids complete with a bed each.

The breakfast was a bit egg rich and had a choice of six options to select from, not ideal for a longer term stay. But there are plenty of restuarants close by to choose from especially for other meals. We had a room service dinner and this was very good.

• Stayed October 2012
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just stayed here and had such a great time. The rooms are lovely, the staff are accommodating, friendly and happy to help with any request - even jumping on a bike to go and hail a taxi from the main road. The beach is only two minutes walk and is the nice quiet part although getting to the busier parts is easy. The pool is lovely and well kept. Overall, considering value for money this place is an excellent choice for single travellers through to families. I would highly recommend and will be going back!

• Stayed October 2012
Macau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I must admit I was a bit suspicious when my husband mentioned this 'new' hotel in Boracay (I say 'new' because we used to stay somewhere else in our frequent trips there). The suspicion stayed on upon arrival: very early, nobody around...mmmm! But immediately it changed. We were upgraded from a normal room to a suite, which after all, composes most of the 14 rooms! As I counted it, there's the Family suite, the Penthouse, and I saw only 3 'normal' rooms, with the rest being the suites like ours! The bathroom is spacious and well designed. As for the room, it is huge, with a big bedroom and living room, plus a nice veranda. Breakfast is simple but tasty, and although we had lunch only once, what we chose was great. Prices are normal, and it is very easy to get a tricycle (they call on the phone or have some of the young boys to cycle to the main road to get one!) to take you to D'Mall. The swimming pool is so cool, amidst greenery so natural! Also the beach is, as usual, great, and the 2 or 3 minutes walking down the street are a nice treat: you get to see the local people, and feel the sounds and sights of a lively people! I would so go back, and soon!

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This is my type of place, if you like off the main road and emersed in a local neighborhood then this is for you. I stayed here 4 nights in the penthouse with family. The staff was nice and helpful. The restaurant had tastey food. I ate here more than any other place.

Yes it's a 5 min walk to the beach but its worth it. In my opinion the section of beach that you're close to is the best part. Not as many vendors harassing you constantly. If the beach isn't your thing then the pool is refreshing here.

Only complaint I have is with the roosters in the area waking me up at the crack of dawn, but it got me a jumpstart on my day to look at it positively. Doubt I'll visit Boracay again because the beach is so dirty with trash washing ashore constantly but if I do I'll be staying at the Strand.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to The Strand Boracay Resort? Share your experiences!