“Relaxing atmosphere, wonderful service, very nice room” 5 of 5 stars

The Strand Boracay Resort
Sitio Sinagpa, Brgy. Balabag, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #24 of 132 Hotels in Boracay
Manila, Philippines
“Relaxing atmosphere, wonderful service, very nice room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I just stayed at The Strand for the second time (and we were upgraded from a standard room to a 1-bedroom suite). I discovered it the first time through the wonderful reviews at Tripadvisor. I was looking for a quiet beautiful place but one that is not very far from the beachfront, and this was the perfect place! I must warn though that if your intention is to party in Boracay or be in the midst of all the activities there, then this is not the place for you. If you want privacy, then you've come to the right place. You get the feeling that the resort is all yours. In fact you would wonder if there are other guests there, but believe me there are!

The Strand is just a short walk from the beach, so no issue there. And if you tire of the sea, then the resort's relaxing pool is fantastic. Not large but just right.

And as most of the reviewers are saying, the service is really at the highest level. One time, when we were returning from a morning out, Dane saw us carrying a takeout box. She asked if we would want some plates and utensils, they would bring to our room. How thoughtful!

As to the room, the 1-bedroom suite is very large and very nice. Maybe one minor comment, there is a slight, I mean slight, smell of something damp or moldy. But I think it's because of the weather then (rainy) that somehow affected the wood furnishings or something. Nothing caused by man, only by nature. And when we first stayed during summer time, there was nothing like that.

I would surely come back to The Strand. And to the staff, keep up the good work!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at the strand for 5 nights and we found the rooms to be well maintained , with great staff willing to help and be of service. They are about 100 meters from the white sandy beaches and they have a great pool to relax in away from the busy beach.

Their rooms were very spacious and ideal for a couple with 2 kids complete with a bed each.

The breakfast was a bit egg rich and had a choice of six options to select from, not ideal for a longer term stay. But there are plenty of restuarants close by to choose from especially for other meals. We had a room service dinner and this was very good.

• Stayed October 2012
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just stayed here and had such a great time. The rooms are lovely, the staff are accommodating, friendly and happy to help with any request - even jumping on a bike to go and hail a taxi from the main road. The beach is only two minutes walk and is the nice quiet part although getting to the busier parts is easy. The pool is lovely and well kept. Overall, considering value for money this place is an excellent choice for single travellers through to families. I would highly recommend and will be going back!

• Stayed October 2012
Macau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I must admit I was a bit suspicious when my husband mentioned this 'new' hotel in Boracay (I say 'new' because we used to stay somewhere else in our frequent trips there). The suspicion stayed on upon arrival: very early, nobody around...mmmm! But immediately it changed. We were upgraded from a normal room to a suite, which after all, composes most of the 14 rooms! As I counted it, there's the Family suite, the Penthouse, and I saw only 3 'normal' rooms, with the rest being the suites like ours! The bathroom is spacious and well designed. As for the room, it is huge, with a big bedroom and living room, plus a nice veranda. Breakfast is simple but tasty, and although we had lunch only once, what we chose was great. Prices are normal, and it is very easy to get a tricycle (they call on the phone or have some of the young boys to cycle to the main road to get one!) to take you to D'Mall. The swimming pool is so cool, amidst greenery so natural! Also the beach is, as usual, great, and the 2 or 3 minutes walking down the street are a nice treat: you get to see the local people, and feel the sounds and sights of a lively people! I would so go back, and soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This is my type of place, if you like off the main road and emersed in a local neighborhood then this is for you. I stayed here 4 nights in the penthouse with family. The staff was nice and helpful. The restaurant had tastey food. I ate here more than any other place.

Yes it's a 5 min walk to the beach but its worth it. In my opinion the section of beach that you're close to is the best part. Not as many vendors harassing you constantly. If the beach isn't your thing then the pool is refreshing here.

Only complaint I have is with the roosters in the area waking me up at the crack of dawn, but it got me a jumpstart on my day to look at it positively. Doubt I'll visit Boracay again because the beach is so dirty with trash washing ashore constantly but if I do I'll be staying at the Strand.

• Stayed September 2012
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Choosing the right location in Boracay is not always easy. Choose for the low key and laid-back Boracay-style Station 3, the very busy station 2, or the more upscale and quiet Station 1 ? Any choice you make, with The Strand, you can't go wrong.
It puts a smile on my face, when I read reviews of people "complaining" that the only down of The Strand is that it is 2 minutes walk to the beach....Or a merely 20 mins walk to the action and noisy, busy beach on Station 2. Get a life : where in the world do you have such a diversity of actions on such a small area ? Enjoy !! The main thing is that The Strand offers what we deserve : a real filipino hospitality with great staff, always smiling and helpful. Great and very comfortable units, ideal for families, nice swimming pool surrounded by a tropical environment full of lush trees. No hassle from people who wanna sell all kind of activities, sunglasses or massages.. Why go on vacation ? To relax, right ? Well, we had the most relaxing experience while staying 2 nights at The Strand, with the nicest staff ever. Keep up the good work, Ms Dane.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Agoura Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed for 3 days at the Boracay Strand back in July 2012. We booked the Family Suite while my sister booked the Penthouse suite. This place is a boutique hotel about 2 minutes from White Beach. It is surrounded by trees of all kinds, including breadfruit and mahogany. The floors, stairs and other structures were made of mahogany. It has a rustic feel to it, as if you were in the middle of a rainforest. We knew in advance that it was humid and that there were mosquitos, so we came prepared. We brought Deet sprays with us and they worked fine.

The one outstanding thing about this place is the wonderful staff. No request was too much for them. They helped my daugther contact a good friend who happened to be in Boracay that same day. The staff was gracious enough to let her use the phone at the office. If they had not done that, my daughter would not have been able to meet up with her friend. The staff was also helpful with suggestions on where to go, how and where to catch tricycle rides and where to eat, although the meals that the staff prepared were also quite good. The staff also arranged snorkeling tours and diving tours for us, which were quite enjoyable. One time we decided at the last minute to go on a boat ride - at 5:00 p.m. We asked one of the staff who was busy sweeping the grounds if this was possible at this late hour. She promptly dropped what she was doing (she didn't have to do that) and said she would contact someone who could arrange for this boat ride. She not only arranged for the boat ride but even had an employee's relative accompany us to the boat place, ride with us and escort us back to the hotel. We felt more secure and quite pampered!

Our rooms came with free breakfast. The mango pancakes were to die for! However, since we had previously stayed at the Peninsula in Manila and in the Radisson Blu in Cebu, the breakfast portions at the Strand seemed small compared to the "all-you-can-eat" buffets at other hotels - but we didn't mind this because we had been eating too much anyway. When we told them not to bother giving us the "Tang" orange-flavored drink for breakfast, they obliged and substituted calamansi juice, which was quite good. We didn't even ask for it.

The wonderful staff made us disregard the cons of this place - there was no box of tissues in the rooms and the air conditioner stopped working on one of the rooms in the Family Suite on our last night; but this was easy to overlook because since we had to leave the place early - at 6:00 a.m. the next day to catch our flight, some of the staff woke up early to make sandwiches for us so we wouldn't go without breakfast.

All in all, I would return to this place even though it doesn't have an ocean view; and don't expect bathrobes or slippers as was provided at both the Manila Peninsula and the Radisson Blu in Cebu. The wonderful staff made all the difference for us. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Strand Boracay Resort? Share your experiences!