“Amazing People Running an Incredible Resort!” 5 of 5 stars

Discovery Shores Boracay
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 1 Balabag, Philippines   |
Ranked #6 of 131 hotels in Boracay
Bali, Indonesia
“Amazing People Running an Incredible Resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We had the pleasure to spend some time my family and I at this magnificent hotel . We were extremely impressed by the kindness of the staff, the high level and quality of service and the the Resort. As a hotelier myself, I had high expectations going there and I sincerely say “Well done and Thank you!”
It feels as if it is run by a gig family, everyone is part of the service, you sense their love for this place.

It is a great place for Families with children as they offer all the facilities to accommodate us. My daughter had an wonderful time playing all day with other children and we felt very secure as in the same time all the staff around the pool area and in the beach (including the beach Security officers) would keep an eye on her.
Look for Rossana the Hotel manager or Julius the Food and Beverages Manager. They are always there, available for advice, guidance or a drink. They are fantastic people to meet and know.
we booked already our next time here .... Can’t wait to go back!
Discovery Shores is the place to be when in Boracay!
TJ, Amira and Maya!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool area are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

481 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was here a few years back and was impressed with the service then and now it is just as good or even better. The service and kindness of the staff cannot be matched with hotels around the world. Down to the last detail of taking care of you at the airport when you check in I couldnt be happier.

Station 1 is the only place to have peace and quiet in Boracay these days and Discovery is the only place to be. Kudos to the staff.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel room near the pool especially if you have kids with you
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dural, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I have just returned from 1 week at Discovery Shores and we wanted to share a few comments. The service at the resort was first class: all the waiters/cleaners/ bar staff/restaurant workers went out of their way to make this a special holiday. The rooms were spacious and very clean and each day we had different towel "animals" and cakes left in the room. The TV had 3 movie channels plus the hotel had free DVD hire and free wif-fi which came in very handy during our 3 days of typhoon rain. The hotel is right on the beautiful beach which is very safe for swimming. Each morning we had breakfast which had a large selection and then for lunch and dinner we walked along the beach to the next station where there were plenty of restaurants and shops. A little further was D Mall shopping area . If you didnt like the 15 min walk the hotel provided free minbus transport when you asked them. We used it to go to the other side where all the water activities are located. Again, very helpful drivers and never too much trouble. Phone call to arrnge pick up.
D Mall area has a number of vendors offering trips : we did the helmit dive, banna boat and Island hopping . The later was arranged by Cesar Manuel who I recommend (457834369).

Room Tip: Near the beach (and restaurant and pool) to save the walk from the other end of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just spent 8 nights here with my family and don't want to leave. Firstly the location is perfect, away from the hustle and bustle of d'mall but close enough for a gentle walk when you want to. Julius and his team spoilt us every morning at breakfast with fresh fruits straight to our table, Jigs looked after us beachside, the whole visit absolutely first class. If you're coming to boracay then staying here is a must!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were assigned the room across the kiddie pool and I found it really convenient especially when my kids wanted a swim but we couldn't go with them. I found the breakfast good despite some mediocre reviews. Everything was perfect, except I wished they had black out curtains instead of roll up window blinds, as sometimes I wished to keep the room dark in the morning when we're still sleepy (and you have the feeling that one could easily peep through the window though that's a wrong impression). I loved that the pool was heated. My child participated in pizza and sandwich making activities and he was very satisfied.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love the location of the hotel - its at the best side of the powdery white sand beach of the island. Service is top notch! Food at the breakfast buffet has room for improvement. Rooms are nice as well but nothing to wow about.

Room Tip: Request for the lower floors - for easy access.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Bundi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

If perfect service, perfect location, perfect food and exceptional attention to detail are your 'thing', you simply cannot go past Discovery Shores. The pleasent and professional nature of all staff mixed with THE most beautiful natural environment made my stay an absolute delight. Thankyou for making me feel special. Kehren Eade

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Discovery Shores Boracay? Share your experiences!