“Simply amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
El Monte, Ca
“Simply amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have to say this resort has the best service I've ever experienced. It all starts at the aiport and doesn't end till your on the plane going home. Every person from the grounds keepers to the manager greet you as though you mattered. What ever your need is, the staff tries to take of you.
My wife and I went to celebrate our wedding anniversary and I only told the person taking our reservation at the spa. My wife was given flowers at the Spa and everyone congratulated us on our day!!! When my kids joined us, the staff left cupcakes in our suite with each one of my kids name welcoming them to Discovery Shores.

The only part thing I didn't like about Discovery Shores was leaving!

Room Tip: The suite over looking the beach is simply the best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Eden Prairie, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm in The Philippines for 3 weeks for work and we have US Labor day off, so we took a quick trip to Boracay and stayed at Discovery Shores. The location of the resort is so tranquil with being in Station 3. The resort offered a van service to Station 2 which was fantastic as we had friends staying there and we wanted to hit the bars at night.
From the moment of arrival, the staff made sure that all of our needs were taken care of whether it was the welcome snacks in the room, the welcome foot scrub, the complimentary beverages and snacks by the pool to turn down service, it was all top notch. The room was good, and from what I understand from some friends the best on Boracay. I've stayed in great hotels throughout North America and the Caribbean, was this much better for a room, probably not but it was quite nice - especially the rain shower head.
The pool was absolutely fantastic.
The breakfast buffet had plenty of variety and the staff was very accommodating with any requests.
The star of the show truly is the beachfront that Discovery Shores is located on. The sand is unlike any other I've ever seen. The crystal clear waters just amazing. Being able to walk out several hundred yards during low tide was fantastic.
If I had one complaint, it would be about our trip to the swim up bar. After one drink we were brought our bill without being asked if we would have liked another. Seems like a logical question after seeing an empty glass, but it was not asked. Decided to clean up and head to Station 2 instead.
But overall a great resort and I'm so glad I had my long weekend at Discovery Shores!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My first visit to this hotel left me disappointed. Although staff were friendly, service could not compete with Fridays next door. However my recent trip in July succeeded all expectations. Imagine lounging on a comfy sunbed and having cucumbers placed on your eyelids, orange slices for your cheeks, whilst the waiter cleans your sunglasses. Service was beyond, the room was out of this world and the food was absolutely delicious. this is now my number one hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is my second stay here and I opened up a tripavisor-account just to rate this superb resort. A 15-minute walk away from the crowds, bars and restaurants, Discovery Shores Boracay offers you tranquility, chilled atmosphere, excellent service and probably the best stretch of the famous White Beach of Boracay. Awesome breakfast menu with plenty of exotic fruits and Western foods. I most enjoyed the butler service on the private beach and the selection on the menu of the Sands Restaurant. The private beach is guarded by security so you can leave your valuables when you go swimming in the ocean. The resort has a great swimming pool and jacuzzi, and the employees offer on-the-house treats throughout the day. The staff are very friendly, quality of the rooms is great. Only downside: Indigo, the second on-site-restaurant, is exorbitantly expensive. I will defnitely come back a third and fourth time. The weather during low season was even better than during high season (January) but I guess this was just our luck.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Luxury goes beyond the resort facilities you enjoy, how beautifully and meticulously your suite is prepared and how magnificent the beach and the resorts location is. but above all.. the warmth you felt from the service you get from every individual who works on the resort, truly, a service that's all heart. All those things you can expect from Discovery Shores Boracay, a truly relaxing, comforting and luxurious holidays from the moment you are welcomed at the airport. I highly recommend this resort and hopefully you'll share the same experience I always have, every time I stay at this resort. I will be back again and again.

Room Tip: Premier 1 bedroom suite unit 306 on the 2nd floor, it has its own Jacuzzi at the terrace with an ama...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hoboken
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was my first time back in Bora after about 15 years! I went with my hubby (his first time ever in Bora), the day after we got married in Tagaytay. We loved every minute of our stay! Their service is really something that stands out...from the airport pickup+ferry+check in+tour+welcome to the room! Even a welcome foot wash and massage! They really take care of you...including cute little animal shapes using towels at turndown service :) Their breakfast buffet is really good + spa service was super relaxing! I wasnt too sure at first about staying at Discovery coz my fond memories of Bora included staying in nipa-type resorts by the beach front and Discovery seemed "too modern". Glad my mom insisted! It was worth it and we are sure to come back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

we celebrated our anniversary on the shore of boracay last june 2013 and we were so happy we spent the night at discovery shores! when we stepped out of the airport the world class service started - warm welcome greeting, pick up by van,drop off to exclusive pier for short ferry ride,refreshing pandan drink,a chocolate cake for our anniversary, platter of desserts & wide selection for buffet breakfast! our junior suite was very cozy,clean & relaxing. our suite situated on the ground floor with easy access to swimming pool & other amenities! i couldnt express enough the world class service this establishment is offering! whenever your going to boracay island this is the place to be!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Discovery Shores Boracay? Share your experiences!