“"Welcome home!"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 131 hotels in Boracay
Manila, Philippines
“"Welcome home!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is how they greet repeat visitors at this world class destination resort. Everything was excellent as always but there's one factor that makes this resort my home away from home. The staff is truly sincere, they are REAL people. They embody the culture fostered by their senior management, Leeds Trompeto (Resident Manager) and Mabeth Quirante (Front Office Manager) to name a few. No pretentiousness, just true Filipino sincerity. I've been around the world yet I will always go back to Discovery Shores Boracay. Great food (best in the island). In fact we had all our meals here having learned from mediocre restaurants from past trips. Rooms are kept in tip-top shape, the staff is as gracious as always without hovering and the beach butlers have become friends of ours. Yes, there is stiff competition in the island and in other PH destinations, but just keep it up Discovery Shores, you'll always be #1 on my list!

PS - we were there over Holy Week and you would never have thought it was peak season. Just another day in this place I call paradise. Thank you for everything Discovery Shores Boracay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Discovery_Leisure_Co, Manager at Discovery Shores Boracay, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Pao,

Thank you for posting this in Tripadvisor. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive comments will only inspire us to do even better and keep us committed to our mantra - Service that's all Heart.

Yours sincerely,

451 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

When i booked my discovery shores boracay reservation (march 21-23) i though it was a little pricey. However, from the moment when i checked in the resort i could not help but say that the service and friendliness of their staff are just outstanding. A real class A resort! The reception of my sister's wedding (march 22) was like a masterpiece. The service, timing and precision of the resort's staff during the reception were very professional and precise. I have to give special credit to 2 of the resort's officers, Renante Manatad and Juluis Alegre who made my sister's wedding reception a truly unforgettable evening. Their lady airport rep who assisted us during our departure (march 22 at around 2pm) was also very helpful. Thanks to all of you!

Room Tip: Higher floors and facing east.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sophia,

Thank you for your wonderful post. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also thankful that your family entrusted the special and once-in-a-lifetime occasion of your sister's wedding with us. We hope that we will give us the pleasure of welcoming you back at Discovery Shores Boracay.

Yours truly,

Leeds.
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've gone to Boracay at least twice a year for the past 6 years and we always make a point to try out different resorts around Station 1. The last time we stayed in Discovery was around 4 years ago already, it was our second time at the resort and although the service and food was great, I noticed there were already some maintenance issues (mostly wear and tear) then, for such a new resort. So I was a bit apprehensive about how the hotel would be like at our 3rd visit last February 2013. Am happy to report that the hotel's maintenance is better than ever, and the rooms are still fresh and good as new. We stayed at the two bedroom suite and it was roomy and spacious and had plenty of room for my daughter to crawl around. The service and food is still top notch, could not fault it all... although our friends (with two young kids), did mention that they were 'disturbed' a lot in their room for various things, turn down service, afternoon snack delivery, cleaning of room, etc. Not ideal if you are trying to get the kids to take a nap, although perhaps they should've remembered to have the do not disturb sign on during those times.

My only gripe perhaps would be the roller blinds in our room. Because of the design there were two slits in between the blinds that let light shine through. Since this is Boracay the sun shines quite brightly so it was next to impossible for us to sleep in as the room would get quite bright very early. It was also difficult to put my daughter down for her morning nap. I suggested perhaps black out curtains for this particular room in my note to management. The other room was fine since there was only one slit letting the light shine through, so it was quite nice and dark even during the day. Anyway, it's a small detail but I do hope they can find a way to fix it. Can't wait to visit Boracay and Discovery Shores again this summer!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I went here in 2009 and I'm glad that not only did they maintain the place well but the service was still amazing.

My only problem was the wifi wasn't readily available unlike Shangrila Boracay.

Other than that, food was great. Staff was warm and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed at Discovery Shores for 4 times already with friends and family. Impecable service starts the moment you set foot on Caticlan airport. The beachfront is just a few steps away from the main dining hall. Buffet breakfast and Indigo restaurant will not disappoint you. Free shuttle to take you anywhere. Love the layout and the size of the rooms/suites. My nephews enjoyed and devoured the free snacks by the pool. I'd like to go back again there with my family.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Swindon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed at Discovery Shores for ten nights in February this year and was blown away by the resort and the friendliness of staff. Beautiful setting and a complete rest from the hustle and bustle. Free shuttle to the town whenever you wanted and a Butler on the beach tending to your every whim (including taking your sunglasses off of your head to inspect and clean before replacing). We were rewarded with a free 5 course meal to be taken any time in the top notch Indigo Restaurant and it did not disappoint. The buffet breakfasts were excellent catering for every need. Quicker to sort yourself out though as things are taken at a much more leisurely pace than us Westerners are used to. The appartments are knock out and the facilities are beyond expectation. I cannot recommend this resort highly enough and overlook this at your peril.

Room Tip: I would choose an appartment towards the back of the resort away from Swimming pool, just for a litt...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Discovery_Leisure_Co, Manager at Discovery Shores Boracay, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear ChelseaBurch,

Your comments about your recent stay here are very much appreciated! We are glad that we made your Boracay experience memorable. We hope to see you again in our sunny and white sand shores.

Yours sincerely,

walnut creek
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our room was d' lovely, service was topnotch, amenities were excellent, buffet breakfast had a great selection, never had to wait long for pick up, i could go on and on...
I would have rated Discovery Shores a 5 if it weren't for the water in the jacuzzi that wasn't warm at all. But we had plenty of things to do and lying n the deck feels heavenly enough, so I give it a 4++ and we will be back!

Room Tip: Dont bother paying extra to get the outdoor jacuzzi
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear CoraMetivier,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us in Tripadvisor. We are glad you had a great time. We will ask our Engineering team to check the jacuzzi and ensure that it is nice and warm when you return.

Best regards,

Leeds

Been to Discovery Shores Boracay? Share your experiences!