“The best place to be pampered...” 5 of 5 stars

Discovery Shores Boracay
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 1 Balabag, Philippines   |
Ranked #5 of 131 hotels in Boracay
Singapore, Singapore
“The best place to be pampered...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I think this will be the best description for Discovery Shores. The priority of the staff is to pamper their guests. From the moment you step out of the airport, you are greeted by very friendly staff who would guide you to their speed boats to Boracay Island. Welcome drinks, candies, foot massages, and the works. My favorite is when you lounge on the beach and butlers will discretely fold your clothes, rinse your rash guards and flip flops, and clean your sunglasses. And in very hot and sunny days, they will offer to spray your face with evian, or their house concoctions like cucumber water. They also have their all day free delights that vary from cotton candy, buco ice candy, hotdog waffles, etc. Some friends still opt to go around for variety of food but I'm content staying all four days within the resort and just lounge and be pampered!

Room Tip: The suites with the private jacuzzi are more fun.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

483 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you want a "feel rich" vacation in Boracay, discover DISCOVERY SHORES. On arrival, the staff greets you with a warm smile and puts a green friendship bracelet on your wrist. They take care of your luggages and escort you all the way to the waiting shuttle bus to the pier and the airconditioned boat and another shuttle to the hotel. I've been to Boracay several times but this is the first time there was no hassle and no sweat arriving at the hotel. I still feel fresh. The room is spotlessly clean, beddings are neat and tidy. They are generous with amenities. Everything you need is provided for. The well trained staff pamper you throughout your stay. Everytime you meet any of them, they would put their right hand on their heart which means "service with a heart". Before I got to know why they do that, I thought it to mean "we care".
Truly Discovery Shores is a different experience. As my 5 year old grandson would say "BEST EVER".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

As I was planning my trip to Boracay, had been checking with friends to find a good hotel and Discovery was a common recommendation. My friends and colleagues knew me very well and said I go with Discovery without doubt considering my expectations... So I did and it is with no second thoughts that I accept this as one of the best trips of my life. Great weather, fantastic property and OUTSTANDING service. Having had the privilege of traveling to different locations across APAC, US and Europe, I think your standards of service is what differentiates you from the rest.

I will definitely come back and will hope to see you all again. Pls continue the same standard of service and delight customers from around the world.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Batangas City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Discovery Shores Boracay has a number of major selling points. Its location at the quiet end of
Station 1, which offers an expansive beach front area; excellent facilities and amenities and of
course service that is true to their mantra of being "all heart". From the airport pick-up through check in and the day-to-day interactions and services, they indeed stayed true to this. Discovery Shores also provides the small touches others may consider to be fairly minor but do complete one's stay; a dedicated, enclosed and air conditioned boat to bring you from Caticlan to Boracay as well as shuttle service to D'Mall and other areas along the different boat stations. The latter can even be availed for pick-up from D'mall and other areas just by calling the hotel. The beach butler service was also unique to DSB.

The room we stayed at was both large and comfortable. There were both a king bed and single sized daybed. There was a balcony that overlooked the pool area. The room was so inviting so much so that my wife preferred to just laze around rather than to go out and enjoy the sights and sounds of Boracay.

If there was one thing that I noted could be improved was the food. We had breakfast twice and I ordered room service for supper and generally the food was quite bland and could use some more seasoning. The breakfast spread was certainly adequate with the usual Western and Filipino dishes.

Indeed the two days that my wife and I stayed at DSB were too short to truly enjoy the facilities and have that truly relaxing vacation. I look forward to the next opportunity to stay at Discovery Shores once more

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

One of the best beach front hotel i've stayed in. Staffs are great, they are very accomodating. I remember we checked out at the hotel to spend one more day at other station because we want to party all day. Yes we hate walking, but literally its not a long walk! The Discovery hotel staff drove us to our new hotel (not so nice hotel but worth just for a day) and they told us that they will pick us up after 2 days for our airport transfers.

If you want to relax this is a place for you. The location is far enough to the happening part of the island so you don't get noise. The beach is not so crowded compared to the other stations and its utterly perfect.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Discovery_Leisure_Co, Manager at Discovery Shores Boracay, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Limu M,

Thank you for posting!

We are glad that you enjoyed your experience at Discovery Shores Boracay. On your next visit, we hope that you will make us your home away from home in Boracay.

Best regards,

Leeds
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

It was great to have stayed at Discovery Shores after visiting Boracay for a number of years now. I would usually stay in quaint and all boutique hotels and inns and keep things simple, since I would spend most of my days out on the beach, a so-so room would do it for me. But after staying at Discovery, you just can't stay anywhere else BUT here! It's perfect relaxing and I didn't have to venture far. I was attached to the room with the most inviting bed, a relaxing atmosphere and great service.

• Stayed October 2012
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

first class service all the way - from our arrival at the airport, the air-conditioned speed boat ride, the welcome drink, the friendly and attentive staff, the breakfast buffet ... i could go on and on, but words could never describe the wonderful experience we had at this resort. truly relaxing as we never had to worry about anything, cold drinks were provided, sunglasses were wiped clean, towels were perfectly laid out on the chaise each time we went back from the pool or the beach.

Room Tip: if you're looking for peace and quiet, avoid the rooms facing the pool area. it can get quite no...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Discovery Shores Boracay? Share your experiences!