“Best hotel I have stayed in at” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book and Buy Offer
Ranked #7 of 139 Hotels in Boracay
Singapore, Singapore
“Best hotel I have stayed in at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Without question one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. From location to room to service it was pretty unbelievable. There are only 2 hotels in Borocay that you can chose if you are looking at high end which is Shangri-La and Discovery. I would say that Discovery should be your first choice.

First the location is amazing. It is close enough to the happening part of the island yet far enough so you don't get the noise. The beach is utterly perfect. In terms of the hotel it is a really nice across the board. The only exception was that during my time there they were doing something with the front bar which was an eyesore. Apparently this was due to a roof issue so should be fixed.

Finally the service was fantastic across the board. Everyone was friendly. A special thank you has to go to Mabeth who was the front office manager. She was very understanding of our issue in terms of booking online as well as the need to move to another hotel on the last day (no fault of Discovery but we had pre-booked months ahead and there was no rooms free. We would of gladly stayed an extra day but had pre-paid.) She was super nice and accommodating for our situation and capped off a perfect stay.

Overall best hotel I have ever stayed in. If you had to chose one hotel in Boracay this is your only choice.

Oh and it is great with kids as well.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms on first floor so you can be right at the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Finally, excellent service has arrived in Boracay and has forced the rest of the hotels to step up their game.
From the airport, the hotel brings you to the resort via private speed boat.
As soon as you arrive at the resort, you are greeted with a welcome drink at the lobby. Once in the room, you are treated to a foot wash by a masseuse. If you are there with children, they also get a special edible treat.
Each day, the room has leaves local delicacies at turn down
Rooms - VERY CLEAN and modern. Beds are large and comfortable. They even provided VMV sundblock!
Service - EXCELLENT, when you're sitting at the beach, someone comes to clean your sunglasses, wash the sand off your slippers and offer you a cold towel just when you start to break a sweat. They also help your kids play sand castles and bring out toys for them to use.
Food - this is where they sometimes fall short, while for the most part it is good, it could be better. Did love the pandan water they served by the beach.
Pool - the hotel has a pool and jacuzzi
Internet - free WIFI
Location - right on the beach, in the best area of Boracay
Shuttle service - they provide a free shuttle service to the shopping and other restaurant areas
Spa - great massage, try the hilot!
Hosts the best New Year's party on the island!

Room Tip: They have two room suites which are perfect for a family with kids.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Burnley, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed with a friend for a weekend when I was in the Philippines recently - arrived on the Saturday morning and left on the Monday to get back to Manila.

We were met at the airport by someone from the hotel, and escorted to the minibus for a quick drive to the port. We were the only two people on the boat over to the island, so it was pretty quick and painless to get there. Service everywhere was fantastic.

Unfortunately, the pool was closed for refurbishment - but we knew that when we booked the hotel. The hotel offered a free transfer to another hotel to use their pool, including sending a butler with us to make sure we were OK, but we didn't bother going.

Rooms were nice, lots of nice toiletries, and there was a complimentary foot rub on arrival. I'm not sure whether it was just me, or the room, or whether it was the same throughout the hotel but I couldn't get any hot water out of the sink or shower. There were a few different temperatures of coolness, but nothing close to warm - I'm sure that if I'd mentioned it to someone, they would have done something, but for such a short stay it wasn't worth it. Also, there was no plug in the sink.

Evening turndown service was great - little snacks left for you and the towels folded into different animal shapes :) They even went as far as folding my map up and putting it neatly on the side when I'd just left it sprawled to one side.

The only downside really was breakfast was a bit disappointing. We had to wait a while to get a table, even though staff were there and could see we were looking for somewhere to sit. There were no glasses at the drinks, and no plates out either, so we had to wait for those. As others have mentioned, there were flies on some of the food, with nothing protecting the food.

Apart from that, it was a great place to stay - right on the beach, quite quiet at night (which was what I was after!), although I can imagine that the rooms might have been noisier if the pool had been open, since we had rooms right next to the pool.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We have been to a few places in the Philippines and to other small luxury hotels in the region and Discovery shores rates among the top resorts. Three main things we love about discovery shores:
1. Facilities- room, pool, beach are impeccable and functions perfectly. In fact the rooms or suites are most impressive. The beach is private at the north end. The pool has just been reopened after renovations- nice. The spa was of high standards and complements the quality of the resort. They have also pre-natal massage, just ask. Indigo restaurant has a very good wine list and menu, with equally great service. Can't rave enough about the place.
2. Service- this is again the main strength of coming to The Philippines. The staff are super courteous, obliging to help in any way. Exceeded expectations! We flew with Cebu pacific and were delayed twice, a journey that should take 1-2 hours had taken us 10 hours from airport to the resort. I kept them informed via email and they were all ready to accommodate and waited for us at the jetty late in the evening. Our driver organized everything from there onwards. This happens a lot with the airlines because the Caticlan airport closes at 4pm. In addition they were very good with expectant mothers as my wife and I were on our first 'babymoon'
3. Location: coupled with the perfect white sand beach and clear blue waters, the beach bar and little hassles from beach vendors, this is something you can just relax. Dive boats and such are all moored further down towards the main areas so you would have a picture perfect view of the sun set. Did I mention it's romantic also? The main shopping area is a short fifteen minutes walk along the beach. Easy!
In summary what we thought that could have made a bad trip for us first timers , Discover Shores Boracay has turned it around and impressed us. It is a resort where you get what you pay for and want to come back. I think this is the first time I have given my two thumbs up to anything!

• Stayed October 2012
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed the weekend in Discovery Shores all I can say is from minute you are collected from the airport to the hotel all is so well organised and professional. We were lucky when we arrived at the hotel at 8am our room was ready. We did not even have to go to check in the friendly man took us straight to our room and handle the check in formalites from our room. The room was spacious and clean and loved all the eats that are laid out for you all are complimentary. Every night there is a little bite placed in the room, all these little things you dont seem to find anywhere else, its the little things that make a huge difference. All the staff are friendly wherever you go whether its in the restaurants, the beach all smile and greet you. The beach is tremendous and is always kept clean. The beach butlers and security make sure you are not bothered by the local hawkers and you are treated like a king and queen, when you go for a swim in the sea your shirt is neatly folded and they bring and endless supply of ice water, again the little things that make such a big difference. While we were at the hotel the swimming pool was under renovation but then who needs a swimming pool when there is a heavenly beach with clean sand and clear waters right on your doorstep after all why come to Boracay to sit at the pool :). We only ate breakfast at the hotel, however even this was impressive I travel to many hotels on business and breakfasts do tend to get boring as its the same thing everyday. Of course one cannot do to much with breakfast however we were only there for 2 breakfasts and was pleasantly surprised at least half the food was different on both mornings this makes a pleasant change from the boring same breakfast day in and day out. You have to try the bistek tagalog and danggit and other local delicacies at breakfast I hope my spelling is right of these dishes. My only complaint is that we did not stay long enough to enjoy more of the hospitality Discovery Shores and their staff offer. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This review would probably repeat what's been said already in past reviews -so, to sum in up, once more - Discovery Shores is an excellent experience.

It is an excellent experience because : the rooms, the great service, the food and of course the beautiful beach all come together at Discovery Shores Boracay.

Note: We attend a friend's wedding reception while we were there in Discovery Shores - and again it was an excellent beach resort reception! From the beach sunset cocktails to the reception dinner !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed for a week in Discovery Shores in June 2011 with our family and wedding guests as this is where my husband and I got married (yes, we had our dream beach wedding come true!). Talk about being treated like a king and queen. From our first contact point with the warm driver who picked us up in their van (they always offer fresh mints- luv it!) at the Aklan jettyport, to the private yacht that picked us up with their yacht stewardess onboard, to the complimentary drinks upon arrival, and the complimentary heavenly foot spa/massage each of us got for thirty minutes, and then stepping into the modern yet homey hotel and feeling the pristine powdery white sand beneath my toes on the beachfront= what’s there to say, HEAVENLY! Everything little thing is thought through by the geniuses that run Discovery Shores, from the personalized welcome treats, personalized welcome banner etc. The staff are so warm and inviting. I love how they always place their right hand on their chest to greet you. We also had tranport services whenever we wanted to go to D’mall and back or wherever we wanted to go, and of course, our driver would offer us fresh mints and we’d always smile and take it. They have waterbottles available for us too. Food is superb- SUPERB i tell you! Oh my the fresh grilled huge prawns and crabs are to die for! My family owns/operates restaurants and they couldn’t rave more about how delicious and excellent the food is especially what we served our family and guests for our wedding banquet. Love their own pandan water available at the bar and they bring it to you in your room too! (I’m still wishing I’d be able to taste it right now). Their location is excellently placed, near the end of Station 1 where is it quiet and tranquil and family oriented. It’s solemn and no pesky peddlers can approach you and sell whatever to you as security is just outside by the beach front personally ensuring you are relaxed and not bothered at all. Not even Shangri-La who is further away (you need a boat ride to reach the Boracay strip from them)can compare to Discovery Shores’ location, right on the strip but away from the crowds and noises. Sidenote: Food is good at Ambassador next door too. Summing up, Boracay itself is the best place on earth for meand staying at Discovery Shores is DOUBLE HEAVEN! If you can afford it, STAY HERE!!! More than two thumbs up! If I were an octopus, no hesitations, I would give Discovery Shores an eight tentacle thumbs up! (my way of saying how AWESOME it is!!) Save up and stay here! It's more than worth it! You won’t regret it and trust me, you’ll thank me too. I shall return Discovery Shores Boaracy!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple