This will be my third stay in Microtel on the island of Boracay. Communicating with the staff is very easy. They are very good about following (reservations, changes, pick-ups etc) up through email or SMS. They maintained their pleasant and professional demeanor throughout our stay.
My party and I were met at the Fairways Jetty by the Microtel transportation manager, the ever smiling Marlon, in a private outrigger boat. Again, it was very pleasant and very fuss-free.
The back road leading to the hotel is about halfway paved now (last two times it was about one quarter of the way paved). So, there are still rough roads but the drivers were very careful and I didn't get any unpleasant jolts.
Check-in was also fast and easy despite a party of 26 having just checked out seconds prior to our arrival. The manager (Bingo) introduced himself to us and we all got cold towels and shell necklaces. Also because our requested room was not yet ready, we were upgraded for free to an ocean view room with a balcony, wahoo!
Each paying adult got a free set breakfast while kids who stay in the room for free can have the same breakfast for P220. When the hotel is busy, the se breakfast changes to a buffet.
The rooms are still as clean as I remember them. It looks very well maintained. We asked for a rollaway bed and we were pleasantly surpised when they rolled in a twin bed (read: not folding). The room is big enough for 2 queen sized beds plus a twin bed! We asked for extra towels and we got it. The bathroom still looked new (this is where the age of any resort can be easily seen). All fixtures were tight and bright and the fact that we didn't notice a thing just goes to show that there were no problems.
The a/c worked very well and cooled the room quickly, and in case it was not cool enough, there was a ceiling fan, too. The TV remote also worked and wasn't grody. Unfortunately, the clock radio time kept resetting because the room key controlled the electricity in the room. So, every time we took the key, the clock would power off. No matter, that's what cell phones are for, right?
Check out my photos and see for yourself......
This resort is quiet. So stay here only if you want to be far from the madding crowd. Take the resorts' free shuttle to d'Mall to eat your meals then come back to frolic on the beach or pool.
All in all, I can't see myself paying more for other resorts when this resort meets all my needs and then some.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Microtel Boracay is a beachfront Mediterranean-inspired resort. It sports a tropical island look and brings to its doorstep the white sand beaches, water sport activities, tropical beach night life and other island adventures. Microtel Boracay lends unmatched comfort to Boracay beach holidays, complementing the tropical vibe that Boracay Island is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Microtel Inn And Suites Boracay
- Microtel Hotel Boracay
- Microtel Boracay
- Boracay Microtel