You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Diniwid Beach | Malay, Aklan, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #25 of 137 Hotels in Boracay
WWW
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

This will be my third stay in Microtel on the island of Boracay. Communicating with the staff is very easy. They are very good about following (reservations, changes, pick-ups etc) up through email or SMS. They maintained their pleasant and professional demeanor throughout our stay.

My party and I were met at the Fairways Jetty by the Microtel transportation manager, the ever smiling Marlon, in a private outrigger boat. Again, it was very pleasant and very fuss-free.

The back road leading to the hotel is about halfway paved now (last two times it was about one quarter of the way paved). So, there are still rough roads but the drivers were very careful and I didn't get any unpleasant jolts.

Check-in was also fast and easy despite a party of 26 having just checked out seconds prior to our arrival. The manager (Bingo) introduced himself to us and we all got cold towels and shell necklaces. Also because our requested room was not yet ready, we were upgraded for free to an ocean view room with a balcony, wahoo!

Each paying adult got a free set breakfast while kids who stay in the room for free can have the same breakfast for P220. When the hotel is busy, the se breakfast changes to a buffet.

The rooms are still as clean as I remember them. It looks very well maintained. We asked for a rollaway bed and we were pleasantly surpised when they rolled in a twin bed (read: not folding). The room is big enough for 2 queen sized beds plus a twin bed! We asked for extra towels and we got it. The bathroom still looked new (this is where the age of any resort can be easily seen). All fixtures were tight and bright and the fact that we didn't notice a thing just goes to show that there were no problems.

The a/c worked very well and cooled the room quickly, and in case it was not cool enough, there was a ceiling fan, too. The TV remote also worked and wasn't grody. Unfortunately, the clock radio time kept resetting because the room key controlled the electricity in the room. So, every time we took the key, the clock would power off. No matter, that's what cell phones are for, right?

Check out my photos and see for yourself......

This resort is quiet. So stay here only if you want to be far from the madding crowd. Take the resorts' free shuttle to d'Mall to eat your meals then come back to frolic on the beach or pool.

All in all, I can't see myself paying more for other resorts when this resort meets all my needs and then some.

• Liked — Quiet!
  • Disliked — Far from other restaurants
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
makati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

I was still caught in awe from my friends great adventures of bora and all the bora hype. Until I got my slots for a leave from stress of work with my hard earned monies and flew to my first ever trip to my dream Bora vacation. We flew miles away to relax and have fun. Swimming was definitely on top of our “to-do-list” and we certainly came to the right place. But what all yippies would want to see is …the white, yellow, brown and all other skin types frolicking on the beach. Hehehe.

With all the perfect view of pristine blue waters, the finest sand and the best sights of bodies on the sand, going back to where Im billeted I have the choice of a better view without disruption. The plain beauty of Bora captured right in the doorsteps of Microtel Inn & Suites, the last hurrah of my vacation all in my keeps, the solitude of a really good rest from the days offering.

Apart from which, the rooms, linens and towels are definitely clean, organized and odor free. The food and drinks are timely served, which eased away our cravings and satisfied our taste buds. Not only this, we continue chit chatting while indulging a variety of overflowing coffee, café latte, cappuccino or tea, which are free! These simple treats surely added joy to our vacation. As the saying goes, the best things in life are free.

Lastly, we were able to experience the service of their professional and courteous staff. Receptionists, multi-cab drivers, security personnel are friendly and accommodating.

Till my next bora….!

Stayed October 2008
Makati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

I must say that our three-day, 2-night stay at Microtel Boracay was a well-deserved vacation for myself and for the rest of my siblings and cousins as well.

It was an exciting moment since we have longed to go to the ever-famous beach here in the Philippines for the longest time already.. Finally, the long wait was over! I was thrilled because despite my busy schedule at work, here I was getting the chance to take a short break away from Makati, away from the bosses, away from stress. It's also a memorable time for me and Tian, my boyfriend, since this was our first time to travel together onboard a plane. April, my younger sister just came from Bora a couple of weeks ago (since she was there to work for a few days) but was still very anxious to go back. I bet she was more excited because this time, it wasn't at all work-related. Our youngest sister, Love, was overly excited - not for anything else but to hit the beach! My cousins, Marvin and Claire could hardly explain their joy. What a nice place and time also for my eldest sister, Grace and her husband, Edwin, to celebrate their wedding anniversary.

Unfortunately, our flight was delayed for an hour and air turbulence was really bad.

But by the time we set foot to the white sand of Bora and its pristine waters, our exhaustion was all wiped out.. Especially when we arrived at Microtel. Although we traveled for like 20 mins from the port to the hotel, it was all worth it when the receptionist and those on duty greeted us, gave each one of us a necklace, a warm towel, and a welcome drink. They were all very friendly and accommodating. They would all give us a smile and would ask if there was anything else we needed.

Microtel's entrance was not that extravagantly designed compared to the other resorts. It was also where they parked their multi cabs. There were small sari-sari stores just beside them. But walking through the lobby, and then passing the poolside and the bar, we could already see the beach.

After taking a few photographs, we went inside our rooms and rested for a while before we walked along the shore and went to gimmicks. It was clean and cozy and the bathroom was clean. (though it didnt have a bathtub). Our favorite spot was near the big glass window with a nice curtain - a place where we did our photo-shoot on our 2nd night. We all dressed in white as we have planned a few days back.

The weather was bad during our stay. There was a typhoon. The wind blew very hard and the rain was pouring outside. We had no other choice but wait for it to stop before we could go for a swim, or go to D'Mall or D'Talipapa to do our shopping and our munching. At night, when the weather permitted, we went bar hopping - Guilly's Island, Zuzuni Bar, etc.

After a tiring night, the multi cab would fetch us and bring us back to our hotel. We would spend a few minutes chatting with each other at the sofa, sip coffee (which is free) while the rain was pouring. For me who is in love with coffee, it was heaven.

There was also wi-fi access in the hotel so even though we were stuck there due to bad weather, we were still able to contact friends and relatives online because we brought our laptop. We checked the weather report and prayed that the typhoon would soon leave us..

The typhoon stayed, though. Too bad. But it was okay since we had a very cozy and peaceful place to stay courtesy of Microtel.

I would really recommend this place to my friends planning to go to Boracay.

• Liked — excellent staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

The Hotel is pretty good and in line with its price.
Rooms are nice & clean , the only dissapointment came from the beach , there isn't any beach !!!
It seems that the beach has been eroded by a maxiwave or something and is just simply dissapeared !!!
So if you are looking for a beach in front of your Hotel , forget this place!!
It is also a bit far from the town centre.
However Boracay is a small Island and nothing is really far away!!!
I would say I am satisfied and I think Microtel is good value for money.
The best resort in Boracay seems to be Fridays but you need to pay for it.

• Liked — Value for Money
  • Disliked — Beach
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

We just returned from an eleven day stay in the Philippines. We spent four days in Boracay. The hotel is amazing and we have never experienced such incredible service before. All my friends and I are commenting on how we already want to go back to Boracay and retire there. Boracay itself was full of life and a wonderful environment as long as you stay away from the main road. The weather was great. Worked like clock work - cloudy in the morning but by lunch time, the sun would be out.

Microtel in Diniwid Beach was private and relaxing. Misleading as soon as you pull up to it since it's in a remote part of the island. But as soon as you walk into the small front desk area, it opens up to a wonderful lobby that opens up to the beach. We were greeted with shell necklaces and refreshing sweet ice tea that was much deserved after the one hour plane ride from Manila, and the two hour van ride from Kalibo, the fifteen minute boat ride from Caticlan jetty port, and the ten minute bus ride from the Boracay jetty port. While checking in you receive free breakfast coupons for each member of the room for each morning you are staying there. The breakfast at the hotel cafe is amazing. You get a choice of a Filipino breakfast, American breakfast, Continental breakfast, and a Boracay breakfast. The hotel can help you with daily activities such as booking an island tour or rentals on banana boats and jet skis.

The pool is great especially at night time. The resort is well lit at night with security 24/7 if that will help you sleep better at night, but trust me, it is very safe there. The staff of the whole hotel, from the security guards to the bar staff, is super friendly and courteous. While having happy hour at the hotel bar is fun, don't forget to go to the bars in D'Mall which the hotel provides free shuttle service to and fro, but the walk back is pleasant too.

While my wife and seven more of our friends stayed at the Microtel, there were several families with their little kids enjoying the resort as well. The beach at Diniwid is not as flat and calm as the famous White Beach, but it is only a few minutes walk away. While on the beach though, there are massage ladies in waiting just to serve you. Though they charge in Filipino pesos, it translates to $8 for an one hour massage which my friends say was amazing. In the U.S., a massage like that would be around $80.

If you get tired of the restaurant in the hotel, you should just walk up the huge flight of stairs to the restaurant called Nami, you'll get a work out out of your quads, but the restaurant and the view are very much worth it, plus, at least you'll be hungry by the time you get up there.

Microtel with taxes and fees turns out to be $95/night for dual occupancy. Each additional person is an added $23.40/night. There are two queen beds in each standard room.

Overall, I would say this is probably the best hotel service I have ever received. Perhaps not the best if you're just interested in partying at D'Mall and enjoying the White Beach, but if you basically want your own private resort in Boracay, this would be it.

• Liked — The privacy
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

I stayed at Discovery Shores before coming to Microtel. I know I should have done Microtel first before Discovery Shores but they did not have rooms. So.... of course, it's always a letdown when you have to downgrade. Hahaha..

Microtel has a non-existence entrance from the "road", you can barely see it among the construction next door and village huts. I booked a suite but the room they gave me was horrible. I think it was room 127. It has a terrace with broken stones, absolutely no view and a terrible musky smell. It was really bad. I went to complained and got us another room, not a suite but at least it smells clean and faces the sea. They did not give me a refund for the difference in rates, claiming the second room was a "premium double". I did not bother to argue.

The "beach" in front of the Microtel is nonexistent. It has a row of sandbags to keep the waters at bay, even at low tide, the water is right up to the sandbags. As a result, no beach whatsoever. And dirty scum and debris sometimes float there. Further to the left, about 2mins walk is diniwid beach, much rougher than white beach. Frankly, after white beach, with it's silky sand, shallow and pristine waters, I cant be bothered with Diniwid Beach.

The swimming pool is tiny and really quite uninteresting. The restuarant serves mediocre food. When I ordered coffee, I got a cup of hot water with a satchet each of Nescafe instant coffee, creamer and sugar ($1.50). And true to it's motel chain roots, they dont provide any toiletries beyond soap. You get your own ice at the front desk and you pay for everything, from water to internet access etc. The much-advertised bed is decent, cant complain but nothing to rave abiut either.

The Microtel is really a motel masquerading as a resort. I paid about $130 for my "suite". I cant say it's a bad price for Boracay but I rather pay more and stay at White Beach, because that's what I am there for - gorgeous beach, not a sandbagged one.

Oh, the 3 nights we were there, we experience blackouts over 2 nights. The power just went out, leaving us in the dark in our rooms. Happened about 2-3 times a night. The staff got the power back on within 10-15mins, but still, not something that should happen so regularly.

Microtel is about 10min shuttle to d'mall, which means you are dependent on the shuttle to get anywhere. It's a little too far to walk to Station 2.

The only bright spark for Microtel is it's staff. It's a friendly and helpful team they have got there. They are not the best-trained but they do try their best to help.

If I head to Boracay again, I am definitely staying on White Beach, it's just a lot nicer and more convenient. I would give Microtel a miss. A resort is a lot more than being on a beach, having a restaurant, a pool and beach chairs.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Location, no sandy beach
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

We searched the internet for good hotels around station 1 and 2, but since it was summer season, most of the hotels we wanted were fully booked or can not accomodate such a big group of 10. We saw the website of Microtel, and their service was great. Manila Booking office was very helpful in helping us get a great deal since my family and my sister's family totals 10. We were fetched on time and staff were friendly. We were able to get around because Microtel provides free shuttle service from the hotel to D'Mall area in station 2. This is were the action, fun, shops and restaurants are located. The problem was that the location is quite far from the main white beach. We were 10 jampacked into their van and summer is quite humid and hot. It takes around 20 minutes to reach D'Mall and the van is not airconditioned. We can smell the fumes of the tricycles too. So for first timers, I would suggest that you get hotel accomodation that is located in either station 1 or 2. Eventhough you have to pay more for it, it would be worth the travel time.

Regarding the beach front that is advertised by Microtel, I don't know why their beach front is that way. It is steep and inorder to prevent the sand from eroding, they have placed sandbags on it. It definitely does not look nice. Eventhough it was far, we can walk from the beach front of Microtel to Station 1 and station 2. Some parts are cemented walkways to enable the tourists to travel from beach to beach. Although it is tiring, you are able to see all the nice hotels and resorts along the way, like Fridays and Discovery Shores. Microtel is located at Diniwid Beach, and beside it, is Nami Resort. It is an experience to go up their elevator. The food is great at Nami Resort. We also went to Spider Cove, you have to pass thru a cave. Go there for the experience, but not the food. Its terrible. There is a way to just walk over to the other resorts, because they are interconnected along the shore line. Microtel food is just ordinary. We tried Boracay Steak House at Station 2, and it is truly delicious. Food at Andok's is reasonably priced and delicious too.
Microtel has no ref in most standard rooms, but drinking water and ice , you can get at the ground floor. They also provide 24 hours free coffee and tea.

Microtel chiropractic beds are really comfortable. But are the rooms clean ? It might look clean on the surface, but I killed a big cockcroach in our bathroom on our 2nd day. I would suggest that Microtel personnel be trained to really do the proper way of cleaning and sanitizing the rooms and toilets. My sister saw the bath towels being used to dry the toilet floors. Don't they have rugs for that purpose ? The supervisor replied that the girl was an "OJT" on the job trainee. And she also was folding the new towels on the sink, before placing them on the towel rack !! Are these industry practices ? We must remember to always bring our own towels next time we travel.

Anyway, we had a great vacation. Its not only the hotel, but the fun company that your are with, coupled with a sense of adventure that makes a perfect vacation. We definitely will go back to Boracay, with its oh so powdery white sand beaches.

• Liked — Good Service
  • Disliked — Too far from the main white beach
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay? Share your experiences!