We stayed at the Microtel on Diniwid Beach in Borocay for 1 week. We were lucky enough to be assigned room 201, which had an incredible view overlooking the pool and out to the beach and turquoise ocean. A wonderful place to watch the world famous Borocay sunsets. The beds were very comfortable, the fridge kept our snacks and drinks cold, the AC kept the room cool, the wifi internet worked well, the TV had a number of English stations to choose. The included breakfasts, served at Mama’s Fishhouse were well prepared. The best though, was the staff: at the restaurant, Angel, Renebeth, Miel, Yhell were incredibly friendly and the service was superb. The ladies at the front desk were always helpful to arrange the shuttles into town, helped me phone the Scuba diving company I dove with, made change for me, locked our valuables in the safety deposit box and helped us access it whenever we needed to. The security guards set up beach beds and umbrellas, handed out striped beach towels and kept an eye on the place. We always felt safe and well cared for. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job keeping our room and the public areas of the hotel very clean. To the person, everyone here had a big smile for everyone they encountered. All in all, a very friendly and professional organization. I also had 2 great massages, one at the pool and one out at the beach at sunset, by a lady named Arleen. I would highly recommend her.
Things we liked: the free shuttles into the main part of White Beach, the lovely pool, the free coffee and tea available all day, the free spring water that was available in 5 gallon water dispensers so we could refill our containers (certainly cuts down on all the plastic waste generated from small drinking water bottles,) the quiet area on Diniwid Beach (we could take the shuttle into the crowds and mass chaos of White Beach whenever we wanted, but could have peace and quiet when we wanted at our “home” beach). We had a lovely time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Microtel Boracay is a beachfront Mediterranean-inspired resort. It sports a tropical island look and brings to its doorstep the white sand beaches, water sport activities, tropical beach night life and other island adventures. Microtel Boracay lends unmatched comfort to Boracay beach holidays, complementing the tropical vibe that Boracay Island is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Microtel Inn And Suites Boracay
- Microtel Hotel Boracay
- Microtel Boracay
- Boracay Microtel