“Beach paradise and diving and sailing wonders” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Carmela de Boracay

You added La Carmela de Boracay to your Saves list
La Carmela de Boracay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 2, Balabag Boracay Island | Malay Aklan, Aklan Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #97 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
Gatineau, Canada
“Beach paradise and diving and sailing wonders”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

I stayed at La Carmela for 5 days and throughout my stay, I was completely satisfied. My first choice goes towards the staff whom at all tiimes were simply wonderful and very attentive to all of our needs.

My second choice goes towards this wonderful beach. The resort itself is 30 seconds from it. I heard people compare Boracay, Station 3 to la Côte d'Azur in France. I've never been there, but I've been to many different beaches and this is the best of all. No weeds in the bottom, we can walk a good ways before it starts getting deep, the waves are not too big, the water is relatively warm and we do not have to run on the beach at 6 in the morning to grab a chair. The staff is very present and sees to it that you get a chair and a parasol. We even have staff that comes on the beach to bring us drinks that we've ordered and those drinks truly have alcool in it - so we drink more wisely.

Thirdly, my choice goes for all the shops and restaurants around. In some shops, it is possible to bargain, in others not. It is therefore important to shop around before buying...

My fourth choice - more of a recommandation that a choice because I do neither of them - but for people who love to sail and dive in deep waters, I think this is a paradise for them. There are also lots of water excursions proposed ... I think it respond to various interests.

The only inconvenience, if I may call it so, is all the typing that has to be done from the airport until we get to the hotel. I have no problem tiping ... and I tip a lot, but when you need to tip those that bring your luggage to the taxi from the airport, then tip the driver on top of the taxi fee, then tip the young men that put your luggage on the boat (on top of buying the tickets to go on Boracay Island and tickets to come back), then tip again the young men who will take your luggage off the boat (because they are not the same ones) and they do not share their tips :-) Then taking another taxi to bring us to the hotel and tiping the bell boy that brings our luggages to our room .... My only advice is : tip less, but tip all of them because their service, assistance, professionalism and smiles are precious.

I am sure there are better quoted hotels on the island, but I consider that I got entirely what I paid for and even more. I am entirely satisfied and I will definitely be back and will gladly recommand this place to others.

Suzanne from Gatineau (Quebec) Canada

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Just stayed one night at this hotel. Our flight back to Manila got cancelled and this is where SEAIR booked us for the night.

We stayed in one of the attic rooms. The rooms looks old and lacks furnishing. There were two very firm beds, a bedside table, cable TV, a ref (no mini bar), and one very noisy air conditioner. We requested for extra chairs to sit on and to hang our damp clothes on to but didn't get anything. There are stains on the bathroom tiles. You'll get the basic soap, tissue and shampoo but none of the extras. We requested for some dental kits and slippers but they informed us that they didn't have any. The towels they gave us were old and worn out.

The staff were friendly enough. However if you need something and call the front desk, they will instruct you to call housekeeping yourself. The breakfast was so-so.

Its a good thing that the airline paid for the hotel stay because I will choose a different hotel if I were to pay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
San Fernando, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

a 3star resort beach front with complete amenities , swimming pool , comfortable beds ,friendly staffs and most of all great location between station 2 & 3.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

La Carmela De Boracay is a common choice for groups and an easy decision to make for us since we availed of the Barkadahan package. The said package was really a good deal with our 4d3n stay in Bora which included room accommodation and meals. However, the moment we decided to communicate with the resort gave us headaches. First, they never answered to our emails and text messages so we had to call. One of our companions did the transaction but on the day we were supposed to send the deposit, we cannot reach the reservation officer who was in-charge of our booking. Good thing she passed us on to her coworker but the latter never replied to inquiries and we really, really, had to call many times just to ask for the account name and number so we can send the payment. I don’t think it was a miscommunication between us but it was something amongst them. It would take us to make another call so we can receive replies and finally the confirmation of our reservation. I suggest that reservation officers turnover clients’ details and reservation status and someone act on them accordingly. Anyone in our position will always do what was asked just to get the rooms reserved especially on a busy month like December. They’d say, “Just send your payment mam, blah, blah, blah so we can reserve it for you blah, blah, because we’re running out of available rooms”, etc and as guests, all we did was what we were told. It was just a matter of replying to us so we know if we did get the rooms or not so we can go to Plan B. Again, YOU really had to call them again so you won’t be clueless. At the resort, everything went smoothly regardless of the crowds of guests that come ago. It was a good vacation; good resort service and facilities are not the best though not the most mediocre; but this resort’s reservation people drove us nuts.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

Arrived at Caticlan Airport at 12PM, the representative for the hotel was late, we had to wait for a while, which wasn't bad, at least they picked us up. Welcome drinks were provided. We stayed at the newly constructed "Executive Wing" Rooms were surprisingly great, bathroom was excellent. The bed however was as hard as rock, no windows and the shower was too slow. Location, was excellent. Station 2, right in the middle of the action. WHAT I HATE was the travel agents who keeps walking around outside the hotel to offer stuff and etc. Beach front was okay, not that peaceful but still nice, pool - great addition. The negatives - food was bad, the seating area was cool, good views of the beach and the sea, however, lacks cleanliness! The worst thing was SERVICE. STAFF WERE ABSOLUTELY COLD, RUDE, UNHAPPY AND UNPROFESSIONAL. Food took forever, no HIs or HELLOs, no GOOD MORNINGs, etc. They had so many staffs yet nearly all of them just stand there like a tree! Horrible, Horrible Service. Not even a smile. Once again, good rooms, location but terrible service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
San Pablo City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

The staff of the hotel is a GEM. Very welcoming and accommodating. Ready smile and to greet you in all the corners of the hotel. The location is perfect, away from the buzzling DJ House music but very accessible to dining and shopping facilities. The beach front is just 30seconds away from the pool area. Rate is phenomenal too!

Would love to come back and will definitely recommend to our clients.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Stayed in this hotel in May this year as my cousin had booked this. Not a hotel I would have picked but it is a big hotel in a good location of zone 3 by the seafront.

There's a nice swimming pool and the breakfast choice was great. My only dissappointment is that the rooms were so old and deffinately needed a refurbishment.

Other than that, staff were very friendly and even offered a drink on our arrival.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to La Carmela de Boracay? Share your experiences!