“Waste of Money- Traumatic Stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Carmela de Boracay

You added La Carmela de Boracay to your Saves list
La Carmela de Boracay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 2, Balabag Boracay Island | Malay Aklan, Aklan Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #103 of 137 Hotels in Boracay
Manila
“Waste of Money- Traumatic Stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2007

This is the worst hotel ever that we stayed!
I came to know this hotel thru my officemate and she said that the hotel is ok. Searched the net for the site and looked ok.
We made the booking as early as 1st week of January and paid full amount for 3d2n for 2 rooms inclusive of transfer on Jan25th. Called 4x for our confirmation booking and the staffs that I spoked to are not aware of our booking. 2 days prior to our departure, i called again to check if they already made the arrangements, but to my dismay thay didnt made the arrangements. Good thing I called to check.
Upon arrival, we were given the new rooms with lacking or not functioning facilities with paint smell and construction. We requested for change of rooms, we were given the worst room, drainage and sink not working resulting to flooding. Heater also not working. Almost whole day of construction noise, as early as 7am!!!! They should be responsible enough to think the welfare of their guests! Foul smell of the CR. We complained abt this at the reception area but they did not respond. On our 2nd night, we received phone calls at around 130am. to 530am. Someone is also knocking our door and ringing the doorbell every now and then. We called the reception area to ask their security to check on this matter but the call and the riging of our doorbell still pursued. The next day we talked to the manager abt this and he only offered us to transfer to another room. Too late since we are about to leave that afternoon. The manager Mr. Perez is not accomodating at all. Really a traumatic experience for us! Not worth your money and not worth staying!

• Liked — ONLY the airconditiong
  • Disliked — all, the staffs, the managers, the room, the CR! the hotel is really bad!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
travelling
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2007

This place was quite a disappointment. In fact we spent much of our vacation eyeing up other hotels, comparing prices and wishing we had stayed elsewhere. We even checked out 2 days early to spend the remainder of our stay at a romantic little place we found.
To sum up, the place was very shabby. Linens were very poor quality, beds uncomfortable. The general standard of service was poor, and the location was unpleasant - on the shabbiest part of the beach, with lots of vendors. And there was something unmentionable floating in the pool and when we mentioned it to the staff they only laughed!
We did a little research and found so many nicer places for the same price or even less, so don't bother with this one. We will be back but not to La Carmela.

• Liked — Leaving it!
  • Disliked — Pretty much everything.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manhattan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2007

This place ranks as the worst place we have ever stayed during a vacation. We decided to stay at this place because my aunt had booked their room here. The outside of the hotel and the lobby look okay, but the rooms are terrible. Everything from the towels to the sheets to the appliances are not good quality. I paid $90 per night and it's worth about $35 per night. We were put in a semi-deluxe room on the 3rd floor and the ceiling started leaking. There's an attic upstairs and it rained very hard the night before. So we requested a different room. When we got to the new room, the telephone was not working. It's very important for me to use the phone as I needed to make calls to the US to check on my family. Then during breakfast, I went by the beach and reserved three beach chairs. They set them aside for me. But after I had changed into my bathing suit and taken care of the room switch, I went to the beach and was told that all the beach chairs are taken. I'll never stay at this place again or recommend it to anyone I like. The only thing good about this place is it's near a dive shop. Not worth my money.

• Liked — near dive shop
  • Disliked — rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to La Carmela de Boracay? Share your experiences!