“1st trip to Boracay from a Canadians perspective” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Carmela de Boracay

Save Saved
You added La Carmela de Boracay to your Saves list
La Carmela de Boracay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 2, Balabag Boracay Island | Malay Aklan, Philippines   |
Ranked #93 of 132 Hotels in Boracay
Toronto, Canada
“1st trip to Boracay from a Canadians perspective”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The hotel itself isn't very overwhelming, booked a ocean view room but found it to be small and the mattress very uncomfortable. Had the free breakfast included with the room but the breakfast was below average. The air con was so noisy I found it hard to sleep. But even with the shortcoming of this resort I was there to enjoy Boracay which on my second trip to the Philippines ever enjoyed it very much. If I ever go back to Boracay La Carmela isn't the place where I'll be staying.

Room Tip: if its a good quality hotel your looking for, I don't advise you to book here. if your just loo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This place is old & not well maintained. You could hear the noise in the hallway as if your door were open. Aircon unit could not cool the room properly. Only upside is that staff are courteous. Will have to check out immediately the following day to avoid total disaster.

• Stayed August 2013
Luzon, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Even if i read so many bad reviews about this hotel i still booked 4D3N for 5adults and 1child in this hotel. For the reason it was the cheapest I could find booking thru the internet. How bad could it be right?! When we arrived an attendant helped us with our bags and directed us for checked in, it went out smoothly; doing the checking.... (reservations and payments of deposit 2k) we are brought to our room. We got a spacious room with 3 bed, restroom, towels, 1small bottled shampoo, mini veranda, tv, aircon, mini fridge, cabinet with hangers and volt. They don't have complimentary bottled water in the room but they have water dispensers in the lobby which you can refill water from (that's good at least right?!). My husband and I had the buffet breakfast for P230 ea. I find the food unsavory and cold. We just tried it out since i already knew they had a bad review on their food. Well, everyone is right there! Before heading out i phoned for house keeping to fix our room but they told me i have to sign at the front desk since we wont be there to supervise, its a waiver that they wont be liable if something went missing i guess. So fine. I went to the lobby, signed and went out to enjoy Boracay on our first day. To my dismay when we got back, our room still wasn't fixed. After few more calls there, got it fixed finally. All in all, you're there in Boracay to enjoy Boracay. So that's what we did and didn't mind the short comings of this hotel. Checking out was okey, they just had me waited for everything to get cleared out and got my deposit back. Im just glad i got a descent place where we could stay in without breaking the bank. It's a budget hotel after all.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Not as I expected it should be...the location was great but the hotel itself was poor in quality...breakfast needed to be upgraded to be able to have a buffet, otherwise will be given in set... not recommendable

• Stayed July 2013
Makati, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Imagine that I had to request three times (8am, 2pm, and 6pm) the housekeeping to clean the room. Their own staffs seemed not familiar with their own policy as they should have reminded me to sign that MUR as prerequisite before cleaning the room. The first time I called, the staff said, 'ppnta n po'. The second staff on my second call (I am already disappointed this time) asked if its okay to clean the room without my presence and I said, go ahead. I left to do some water activities hoping that when I get back everything would be in order but that didnt happen. The third time I called the housekeeping, the staff said they lined up my request but the front desk didnt respond to their call to confirm my presence daw. I was really pissed off this time so I called the front desk to request for their manager. The front desk then asked me if I already signed that MUR and what really annoyed me was that nobody from the housekeeping dept verified the same. It was so easy for me to sign that [--] paper if only they have asked me in my first request. Now, I asked the front desk for the manager but she insisted several times that housekeeping will be coming then to clean my room. This damn girl didnt understand my request that I had to insinuate my need to talk to their manager. The supervisor appeared and apologized but my concern is that i went there to spend my vacation and to relax that I chose their place to spend it. Unfortunately, I was upset and worst is I had to be there while they were cleaning the room.

If I were you, I would try other hotels and la carmela would be last on my list. I also dont see myself going back there anytime soon unless they are the only hotel with vacant rooms in which I strongly doubt.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

last mother's day - took my mom (with my daughter and husband) to Boracay. Although it was raining (storm in fact) we had a good stay. Booked a Loft at the new wing of La Carmela - very clean and spacious. Resto was open all night and pool(s) were clean. Over-all - very good. Value for money also : )

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Santo Tomas, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Good Price for being a Beach Hotel
Good Littel Pool in front of Restaurant and Hotel
Quiet rooom at the back side
Room ok, but not new.
Restaurant is good, with fair price
Charge for paying with Creditcard 6-7%
So be sure u have Cash
Atms can be offline/out of cash
weather always overcast when we are there on Boracay hmmm

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Carmela de Boracay? Share your experiences!