“customer service/housekeeping sucks” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Carmela de Boracay

You added La Carmela de Boracay to your Saves list
La Carmela de Boracay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 2, Balabag Boracay Island | Malay Aklan, Philippines   |
Ranked #95 of 132 Hotels in Boracay
Makati, Philippines
“customer service/housekeeping sucks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Imagine that I had to request three times (8am, 2pm, and 6pm) the housekeeping to clean the room. Their own staffs seemed not familiar with their own policy as they should have reminded me to sign that MUR as prerequisite before cleaning the room. The first time I called, the staff said, 'ppnta n po'. The second staff on my second call (I am already disappointed this time) asked if its okay to clean the room without my presence and I said, go ahead. I left to do some water activities hoping that when I get back everything would be in order but that didnt happen. The third time I called the housekeeping, the staff said they lined up my request but the front desk didnt respond to their call to confirm my presence daw. I was really pissed off this time so I called the front desk to request for their manager. The front desk then asked me if I already signed that MUR and what really annoyed me was that nobody from the housekeeping dept verified the same. It was so easy for me to sign that [--] paper if only they have asked me in my first request. Now, I asked the front desk for the manager but she insisted several times that housekeeping will be coming then to clean my room. This damn girl didnt understand my request that I had to insinuate my need to talk to their manager. The supervisor appeared and apologized but my concern is that i went there to spend my vacation and to relax that I chose their place to spend it. Unfortunately, I was upset and worst is I had to be there while they were cleaning the room.

If I were you, I would try other hotels and la carmela would be last on my list. I also dont see myself going back there anytime soon unless they are the only hotel with vacant rooms in which I strongly doubt.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

last mother's day - took my mom (with my daughter and husband) to Boracay. Although it was raining (storm in fact) we had a good stay. Booked a Loft at the new wing of La Carmela - very clean and spacious. Resto was open all night and pool(s) were clean. Over-all - very good. Value for money also : )

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Santo Tomas, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Good Price for being a Beach Hotel
Good Littel Pool in front of Restaurant and Hotel
Quiet rooom at the back side
Room ok, but not new.
Restaurant is good, with fair price
Charge for paying with Creditcard 6-7%
So be sure u have Cash
Atms can be offline/out of cash
weather always overcast when we are there on Boracay hmmm

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Although we did not actually stay here, I would just like to share my views about the resort's delicious lunch buffet.
After island hopping, me and my friends are already tired and hungry. we were planning to go as far as station 1 to search for good food. then we saw and stumbled upon La Carmela's lunch menu for the day. not bad for P285.00 per person so we got ourselves seated and eating. Asian and Italian dishes were served that day. the meals were light and beautifully presented. the desserts are not so bad too. my favorite is the tuna mango salad, the lettuce is crunchy and the mango salsa sauce is perfect. oh, and the buffet comes with unlimited iced tea also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Boracay, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have been to Bora a bunch but usually stay at our local favorite secret just a few doors down. This time, due to a mix up and fully booked statuses, we bought one of those voucher deals online. We ended up with 3 adults (could have had 4 for no extra charge) and an infant with 2 breakfasts included (they were not good at all though, but we didn't expect them to be) for around $48 dollars per night including tax which is a deal, especially being right on the beach. They have a nice pool that kids can swim in. The room, specifically the sink needs a lot of work and they still have an old t.v. but we were not there to hang out in the room except to shower, change, or sleep. The room has a mini refrigerator and a safe which come in handy. Great location for island hopping, getting to d'Mall for restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. Friendly staff. We were pleasantly shocked to see how quiet our room was inside compared to how noisy it was outside.

Room Tip: We had one on the second floor just above the check in desk. Noisy outside the room, but inside was...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just looks on pictures in their website it looks okay not a five star hotel but it's fine for 3d2n stay, but when we got there... terrible! what we have is an "executive" room sounds nice huh? all we got is a four cornered dark room with a view of the next building wall. Too far from the pictures in their ad... Breakfast? forget about it! even the buffet if you upgrade, nuh! The overall cost is cheap but still you will feel that you have been robbed at the end of the day. The only and probably the best thing they can boost about this hotel are their STAFF! excellent for them 5 star experience; if not for them I would classify this hotel as a prison cell

Room Tip: We've been to Boracay courtyard hotel a few years ago almost same price but better experience
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Davao City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed the hotel with family and friends. We had booked three rooms. The first two rooms were okay but the other has poor a/c and it often smells of smoke. The location was a very big plus. It's right in front of the beach and near enough to walk to restaurants and souvenir shops. Two things I didn't like about the hotel: First, the lack of signal for our cellphones and wifi. It seems like it's being blocked whenever we enter our rooms. Free wifi has a so-so connection at the restaurant and you have to pay to have a wifi inside your room. And lastly, the pool seems dirty and poorly maintained. I did not dare swim in it. If you intend on staying here and on a budget its ok as that's what you're paying for but I bet there are better hotels along white beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to La Carmela de Boracay? Share your experiences!