“Family bonding in La Carmela de Boracay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Carmela de Boracay

You added La Carmela de Boracay to your Saves list
La Carmela de Boracay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 2, Balabag Boracay Island | Malay Aklan, Aklan Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #96 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
manila, philippines
“Family bonding in La Carmela de Boracay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This budget hotel offers 1st-class service. The front desk staff gave us a hassle-free check in. Iced tea were served upon arrival. Everything was in order. One hitch that I dislike is the delayed housekeeping service. I requested the housekeeping to make up our room before my family left for the beach. Upon return, I still see the hang tag "make up room" in the door knob. It is only when I called the attention of the housekeeper that they started to make up our room. This is the only shortcoming that I noticed. Overall we have a splendid stay in this resort hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
makati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here nov of 2011 at std room at less than 2k for 4 person with bf.. very cheap. There were renovation that time, so its very noisy on our room, we requested to be transferred and grant our request moreover upgraded to deluxe room with out extra charge since is low season.. they also accommodate us for early check in at 9am... the room is enough for 4 person with ref and safety deposit box..The bed, pillow and toilet is not bad. There where even free hot and cold purifed water at the hallway.

So when we go back to Bora on March 2013, we stayed again here but now in std room, this is a little bit bigger to deluxe room with the same room amenities but around 30 meters away from the deluxe room and around 200m from the beach..they change towel and bedding every day...Again they accomodate us for early check for the second time around even it is high season but we waited for about 15mins for they staff to fix the room.

This hotel is for famly with kids since they have pool with life guard.

Set meal during low season is not bad and buffet meal during high season is quite good. Best food still in the TALIPAPA.

Finally, i will recommend this resort, ask for discount, they will grant it...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bridgewater, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Quite a nice stay, even if all we did was collapse there briefly between our three action packed days in Borocay. The room was good, the breakfasts were good, and the service, as is indicative of Philippine hospitality, was outstanding. We spent most of our time in the warm waters of the beach, snorkelling, sightseeing, and buying souvenirs. My fondest memory of La Carmela, as I've recounted all too often time friends, is this: After we unpacked from our arrival, I went to the pool out front for a quick dip and a beer. I ordered a Red Horse (going around the Philippines? Gotta ride the Horse!) from the bartender, leaving my full hundred pesos on the counter. Next time past the bar, I heard, "Sir! Red Horse?" Huh, what..."Why, yes, sure! Salamat! Thank you". And again, left the change from the hundred. This continued whenever I walked past him. It was a great day, from what I recall...That evening, as we went out for a fantastic buffet served right on the beach in the setting sun, I heard a different voice call out, "Sir! Red Horse?' Huh, what? Who are you, and how did you know..."Why, yes, sure! Salamat! Thank you!" And another hundred pesos went no further. It's not always the freshest linens, the cleanest floors, the tastiest cuisine, or even the best ambiance that makes a hotel stay memorable, because La Carmela had all that. No, it's the little things, the simple surprises that always make me look back and smile. If there were any shortcomings, they were washed away by the warm waters of Borocay beach.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Muntinlupa, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The location of the hotel is convenient because it's at the beach front and there are also groceries nearby so getting the rest of your much needed supplies isn't a problem. However, I have to say that the moment we got to the reception area of the hotel, I already got the feeling that our stay would not be pleasant at all. The whole complex felt so claustrophobic, with concrete walls all around. Seems like the developer crammed in as much hotel rooms as they could in such a limited space! They didn't bother allocating more space for landscape or flora to provide a relaxed atmosphere to their guests. Ventilation in the hallways were poor (maybe due to the way they crammed in so much walls and rooms), it was so hot.

While checking in, we were immediately presented by the receptionist all the DON'Ts (and only the DON'Ts). I mean, talk about welcoming guests this way! Then the room we were given really (and I mean really!) smelled old. Although it was clean, they could have made the room smell fresher. The water out the shower and the tap is so difficult to control, you either get cold out of the freezer or scorching hot, nothing in between. The room had cable TV, electronic locker, cabinets, towels and an empty mini fridge (yep, you heard me right, EMPTY). Provisions only included soap and bathroom tissue. The bathroom didn't have a doormat. For the internet, you have to pay for the wifi connection separately (aw come on! I have stayed in much cheaper hotels with free wifi access!).

Accomodations already include buffet breakfast. But the food weren't delicious. My kids love fried rice and scrambled eggs in the morning but in the hotel, maybe the food was really not that good, they refused to finish their food. Even if you were staying in their higher end rooms, you'll be getting the same breakfast fare. My bosses (who were also there and were staying in the best room they had) also didn't like the food and just gave away their breakfast stubs. Even their paid meals weren't good. They were quite expensive for such taste and small portions.

Overall, our stay here was unpleasant (and at times, stressfull). People might say that this is what we get for staying in a budget hotel. But even if you stayed in one of their best rooms, you'll still experience the same congested corridors. As I mentioned, I have already stayed in much cheaper hotels than this one, but with far better experience, so I don't think being a budget hotel justifies what we experienced here. Maybe the biggest factor was the ambience - too much concrete!

Room Tip: There are better cheap accomodations out there than this one.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Quezon City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

If you are on a budget and you came to Boracay mainly for the beach, then this hotel is for you. They have lots of room available but of course it is better to book prior to your trip. It is a few steps from the beachfront, so it is very convenient. They have a cute welcome garden with a mini pool for kids. Once you arrive, they offer drinks to cool you. The room size is just enough. There are actually four of us in a room. The beds are big enough to move around even if you sleep beside your friend or partner. We had a great time at the beach-I mean, it is what we came here for! =)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Pasay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

First, let me define what budget accomodation means. It is a cheap to average cost of accommodation. If you want a figure, it costs us P2200 through an online travel agency to book here. Rate includes breakfast. Now the review. The resort has the perfect location. Literally a few steps away from the beach. It could be considered almost at the center of white beach if you ask me. The location is perfect since it would just take you a few minutes to get to restaurants, shops and even the main road. I could say that the people who stay here are on a budget so I really would not consider that these guests will be looking for five-star type of establishment or fine dining type of restaurants, so restaurants that offer food ranging from P150-1000 that are close is an advantage. Rooms are also quite acceptable. Clean, spacious enough to move on, ordinary amenities are provided and airconditioner works. Breakfast is also fine, nothing special, but filling. I am not affected by the number of guests at that time. It is crowded, but being a budget hotel,, that is really expected. As i've said, the hotel is a budget hotel. Anyone who expects to get more should pay more and stay in the triple A resorts in Station 1 and 3.

Room Tip: Get a room at the main building. It is closer to the pool and breakfast area. Newer rooms at the pre...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is close to statioN 3, we stayeD at execuTive wing for 5 days 4 niGHts with friends... SoMe of my friends roOM Are betTer - they have bAlcoNy... My roOM was near the elevator - toO nOisy due to kids screaming... SheEt is clean nOt useD... stafF always smilLing.. at niGHt there is always an aCtivity ouTsidE the hotel... FoOd is alriGHt...

• Stayed April 2013

Been to La Carmela de Boracay? Share your experiences!