“so-so...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Carmela de Boracay

You added La Carmela de Boracay to your Saves list
La Carmela de Boracay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 2, Balabag Boracay Island | Malay Aklan, Aklan Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #103 of 137 Hotels in Boracay
Manila
“so-so...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Arrived morning and had buffet bfast @220 pesos or 4-5$ just to be treated with bacon that is so THICK and HARD to CHEW, pork ala cubana, eggs cooked in two ways, bread and thats it. TOTAL RIP OFF. For that amount I would suggest you have seafood bfast in the market @ d talipapa. We had beer in their resto that night and it was very hot NO AIR-CONDITIONING at all. Corkage was just too high. The venue for the conference is just fine. No free WIFI. Bedrooms were just like any ordinary inn nobody cleans it for you on a daily basis. I suggest you go to the next door hotel Villa de Oro, I think it would be much more better.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I had reservations in booking this promo package for my kids for their vacation in Boracay. We usually stay in places that were highly recommended by families and friends. We figured let's try this and see how true what 's being advertised by these agencies. To our great and tremendous disappointment, this hotel was a true disaster from beginning to end, and I'm not even exaggerating. The staff are rude and not a pleasant streak in how they talk and deal with their guests. Somehow, I can't fathom how they survive with the attitude and lack of professionalism that were displayed towards, the whole family that booked three bedrooms. The worst dealing was when the kids decided to get some food late at night as they were hungry and they were addressed in a very rude and intimidating manner by the manager of the hotel. When requested to provide a policy which indicated that NO Food can be brought in the premise, nothing was provided. This is a disgrace to the whole tourism of Boracay, since we are promoting to our children to experience being back home to our homeland as opposed to giving their resources to some other countries for vacation. We can certainly say that this has been the worst place ever that we had stayed in Boracay.....We are strongly not recemmending this place to anyone. My family will be leaving here this week with a disgruntle and unpleasant taste of what services you can expect with people who worked for this hotel with no sense of sensitivity and desire to improve the outlook of other filipino young people from other countries.. I guess they really do not need any business from us and they are doing extremely well .... that's a joke! We all know this is not the case! from Toronto, Canada guests who were not satisfied at all!!!! D. Baldago-Ballaret

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Angeles City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

La Carmela is all hype. stayed here with my friends last august 2011. Too bad clients/tourists are blinded by all the media hype and endorsements from celebrities. It's a little bit expensive to consider it as a budget hotel since the service, food and room amenities are blah to say the least. Their breakfast doesn't taste good and checking out takes forever. Restroom is small and their water is not that strong at times. I will not go back here, there are other inns that offer better service, good food and makes your vacation worthwhile.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Makati City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I didn't have high hopes when we landed in Caticlan simply because I've read a lot about this hotel through Trip Advisor. Some say it's nice and most say it's not worth any attention. True enough, when we were unloading our bags from the van that carried us from the Jetty port to the hotel premises, I said, "Okay, so this is the famous hotel... sigh."

At the front desk, we were served powdered juice that should at least let us believe that it's freshly squeezed. It was too sweet. It took us a while to check-in the hotel. We were also asked PhP 1,000.00 per room for the deposit. I was expecting twice that amount as some travellers wrote.

So we found ourselves booking three rooms. Upon entering my room, it just felt okay. I didn’t have the feeling of being welcomed. The beds were plain, the sheets were stained on some parts, and the bathroom has a lot of issues. The toilet bowl won’t flush so we called in the front desk to report it. A “plumber” or should I say, utility man with a plunger, came walking in. After a few seconds, the toilet was wiped clean. Then when somebody else went using it, same problem happened.

The safe that they have installed in the room can be lifted and taken home! Laughs! Plus it has complex instructions for anyone to have it working. Moreover, we lost patience and our appetite when we called in the in-house restaurant. They never answer. We just decided to eat outside.

Their in-room massage is great! I got the deep tissue massage and it was worth the PhP 500 that I paid. Although when I called the front desk and advised that the masseuse bring change for PhP 1000, the masseuse came with just massage oil in her hands.

As for their free breakfast, you have a choice between plated and buffet. If you opt for buffet, you need to pay PhP 75 more. We chose the plated breakfast and were given a choice between longganisa or corned beef. I chose longganisa and it didn’t look good. It didn’t taste good either.

They also have swimming pools which are just for kids. They are around 2 feet deep and they turn bluish brown at the end of the day. That’s because a lot of kids use it. If you choose this hotel because of the pool, be prepared to swim on shallow waters.

Upon checkout, you can leave your bags at the counter near the reception desk. When you’re ready to go, you can have your bags claimed. When one of us tried to get his bag, he was asked some security questions as to what was in his bag. The answer should be unique and correct. When I tried to get mine a couple of minutes later, I just told the guy that I will get my bag, pointed to it, and he handed it to me. No questions asked. The rest followed, some were questioned, and some just got off getting their bags with no questioning.

If you’re the type of person who wouldn’t mind amenities and how they are, this hotel is for you. At least you can still sleep at night and have a great time outside the hotel. Plus they usually put this hotel on vouchers sold online. You might get discounts.

Room Tip: Choose a room that doesn't have a balcony facing the wall.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Because of the mere fact that LA CARMELA DE BORACAY is openly endorsed by Mr. Boy Abunda--a credible and straight forward media personality, I thought that the said hotel resort would be a top, if not, the great choice for me and my family to stay in to (we stayed in the island for 3 nights/ 4 days).

To my dismay, my expectations were not met.
Our rooms (we booked 2 deluxe rooms since it's the only available rooms during that time) were clean but the comfort rooms were like old and not well ventilated.Moreover,
I got so furious when I took a bath that same day of check in and learned that the bath sink was clogged and quickly, the entire comfort became flooded. I immediately advised the front desk staff regarding it and she promised that somebody will attend to it asap.
Bad news though, nobody visited/ fix the clogged bath sink during our entire stay. I even made follow ups but then again, nobody attended to it. Disappointments after disappointments.

However, food was okay. Their pool was quite small compared with other neighboring resorts in station two. The staffs were courteous enough to greet us and it's a "beach front hotel" so there's an excellent access to the beach and to the shops. In fairness to LA CARMELA, they have competitive room rates.

For budget conscious travellers, LA CARMELA can be one of the options, on the other hand, not advisable for those who are looking for a grandiose accommodation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Batangas City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I almost backed out of my reservation... also got the trouble during the reservations-hard to contact their number...but they did call me the day of my trip to tell me that my request for room upgrading was granted after several calls!

Their Executive De Luxe room was nice, with a bath tub (in case we cant swim in the pool at least there's a bath tub - for my 5 year old daughter - thats cool!)....it has all the amenities and for 5 adults and a kid - the rooms ok! even if its noisy outside, once you close the balcony door, you wont hear anything inside the room, just the tv...they accommodated us before the check in time, thank you!

I wasnt able to taste their breakfast, but my kids say its was ok...only 2 free meals per day... we werent able to use the stubs on the 2nd day since we have to leave very early...They wouldnt let us use the meal stubs for the 2nd day...

near the beach, talipapa, stores, stalls... nice location....

for budget concious travellers, this beachfront hotel is good for you... just be patient with the reservations

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Muntinlupa, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

My friends and I had a wonderful summer getaway at the famous Boracay Island. We stayed at La Carmela de Boracay and had fun. The room is just okay, service is excellent but the food is not so delicious at all. The egg is somehow raw, their adobo tastes like ginger! If you are travelling in Boracay to pamper yourself, La Carmel (Station 2) doesn't fit your vacation. We stayed in Station 2 primarily because the party is in here. But I have to warn you that there are loads of people at the shore at this part of the white san stretch. Though the water here seems to be cleaner than in Station 1 where algae and sea grasses are all over the shore.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to La Carmela de Boracay? Share your experiences!