“Great place yet very affordable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheridan Villas

You added Sheridan Villas to your Saves list
Sheridan Villas
2.5 of 5 Villa   |   8 Angol Road | Manoc-manoc, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #97 of 117 Specialty Lodging in Boracay
Cebu City, Philippines
“Great place yet very affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We always check in here everytime me and my friends go to boracay to party. The place is very exclusive and budget friendly. You can do anything you want in Sheridan Villas especially if you get the Villa unit. You can even cook your own food since it has a fully-equipped kitchen and dining. I would highly recommend this to anyone!

Room Tip: Take the Villa Unit, it has everything.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Every single cent is worth it here especially if you are a group. Me and my friends stayed here for 5 days and 4 nights and we are very much happy in our stay here. The villa has nice interiors with a touch of native design. For sure I will surely stay here in my next visit to Boracay!

Room Tip: Get their spacious Villa
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Good place to stay if you want to save some money. But do not expect presidend sutes for that price, their are none. In two steps their is a nice and quiet beach with cristal water. Staff is polite, always able to help and give an advise.

Room Tip: Junior Suites are large but sunless. Good price if walk-in.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mandaluyong, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

offers apartment type of accommodations good for a number of guests. Stove, ref and other kitchen utensils are provided so we just bought food from the market and we kooked viands for our bfast, lunch and dinner. Cable TV is also available, and whole unit is air-conditioned.

1-2 miute walk away from the beach(station 3-calm, less people and establishments, less green algae)

20-minute walk away from station 1. But the long walk was so worh it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Rhodes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Located at the quieter end of station 3 but still near the beach, the Sheridan Villas are reasonably large and well priced. The management could do better though.

There was a bad smell in one of the bathrooms, no towels on arrival (had to ask), top bathroom window was open when we check-in (meaning we had to spend some time chasing mosquitos) and "continental breakfast" was a joke - a slice of toast and an egg :-) And I couldn't find a knife in the fully equipped kitchenette.

Otherwise fine and spacious.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed in two different locations during our 7 nights in Boracay. The first time we stayed away from the white beach area and for the last few nights we stayed here at Sheridan Villas at Station 3. Station 3 is definitely a more laid back and quiet area compared to Stations 1 and 2. The accommodation is cheaper and it has a more backpacker, relaxed type feel to it. We stayed in a Villa with a bedroom upstairs with two double beds and a kitchen and lounge area downstairs. This was perfect for us as we were travelling with kids. It also had a small table outside and an area to dry clothes.

Other members of our party stayed in a junior villa which had a double bed and lounge area with bar fridge, but no cooking facilities or outdoor seating.

Breakfast is included in the rate however it can't be reviewed as our 08:00 requested breakfast delivery still hadn't arrived by 08:30 so we cancelled it. We then chose to get breakfast at cafes close-by.

The room was not serviced during our stay.

PROS
• Friendly staff, we had no trouble with our transfers and no request was too much trouble (I’m not sure why the previous reviewer had a problem as we didn’t. The office was usually manned between 8:00 - 18:00 and this was over the New Year period).
• 1-2 minutes walk to the beach.

CONS
• Room did smell a little musty, but it was clean.
• A kettle for tea/coffee is not provided

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I had the good fortune of getting it right all this while when it comes to booking accommodation online, but the lucky streak ended here at Sheridan Villas in Boracay. It has a nice location, near the tail end of Station 3, and a short walk to the beach, as with most of the properties along the beach stretch, and seemed to have garnered decent reviews. But perhaps the management has changed, or have become complacent. I don't think it is what it used to be anymore. This is possibly the first time I am actually writing a bad review of a hotel I've visited, but justice has to be done, so here it goes. My disappointment lies with three things.
(a) Why is it so poorly maintained? When I checked into the room, the furnishing is old and the room reeks of a musky smell. There was no wardrobe, and the air conditioner wasn't working. When I switched on the lights to inspect the bathroom, I saw an adult cockroach scampering across the toilet floor.
(b) Where are the supposed friendly and "accommodating" staff? Have they all packed their bags and left for better work opportunities elsewhere? I arrived to an unmanned reception counter, and an elderly gentleman (who I suspect speaks no English, and is probably the housekeeper) had to be brought in by the kinder security guard. Even an email I sent days before asking for an arrangement of airport transfers was only replied after I had left the accommodation (I'll be happy to show you the email correspondences, if anyone is interested)
(c) (This part gets me the most) Unscrupulous practices. Upon my encounter with our cockroach friend, and realising that the room is very much not like what was shown on the online photos, nor claimed in the stellar past reviews, I had indicated that I wanted to cancel my stay with Sheridan Villas, even volunteering to forfeit the deposit that I had paid few weeks before. I moved to a property a few metres up the beach (please see below later). Things were fine, had a great stay at Boracay - beautiful beaches, lovely people - but few days later, I was told that Sheridan was charging a no-show fee: the full rate for the three nights I had reserved. Even with my claim to the agent (thanks so much for nothing, DirectWithHotels) that I had "showed" up and cancelled my reservations with them, they insisted that I hadn't, and that I am subjected to the policies. I replicate the policies in the DirectWithHotels's booking form here:
CANCELLATION POLICY: No additional charge if you cancel 7 Days or more before your arrival date. For cancellations less than 7 Days before the arrival date, the cost of the first night will apply. NO-SHOW POLICY: Guests who do not arrive within 24 hours of check-in date and time of the hotel will be charged the full amount of the reservation.
So the question is: now where did I go wrong?

Anyway, I had already been charged by the agent (DirectWithHotels) and the property (Sheridan Villas) the full amount of near to USD200, for services that I did not use, and for services that I had indicated clearly to the ground staff that I did not want to use, against my consent and protest. I will have to take this as a lesson learnt, but I think future travellers and service buyers should wary. This will not my last time to Boracay, but it will be last time I am making a booking with AsiaTravel/DirectWithHotels or the Sheridan Villas. Perhaps Sheridan Villas had a Golden Age, but I'm sorry to say that I think it's way passed now.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sheridan Villas? Share your experiences!