“Sur for sure......” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austria
“Sur for sure......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

First time in Sur Beach Resort, really liked the place. Im quite often in boracay so I know many hotels. I like Boat Station 1, quiet and best beach.
Rooms are very nice, clean and you can have a good sleep!
Staff is very friendly like everywhere in the Phillipines.
What I did not like was the play music on the beach, but you also hear the music from Hotel Two Season just maybe the speakers some meters away. When you want to relax you dont want to hear the music all day, maybe when its more Easy listening music but not boring new Disco Sound.
The Hotel managment should think about that.
But all in all great place and perfect place for having a great holiday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

It was my first time to stay at Sur. I actually wanted a different resort but opted to go here because it was cheaper and had ok reviews. When we arrived, the place exceeded my expectations. :) the staff were very friendly, food was alright, rooms were clean (an upgrade would be nice, though), cabanas were fine, and the beachfront was perfect! I'm glad we stayed at Sur, it was a great experience. :) will definitely come back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was my first time in Boracay. Sand was superb. Location was perfect. Rooms were clean. Service was friendly, helpful and consistent. Food was okay. Happy hour is the best. We will be back. For Sur:)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Staff were friendly and would go out of their way to accommodate our requests.
Thank you, rodel and edison! Our stay was most memorable

Love the resort's seafood chowder and frozen iced tea. Happy hour from 3 -8pm

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I wasn't expecting much when we arrived at Sur but the moment we stepped on the place, it felt very much like home because of the lush gardens. Also, the employees are very friendly and they offered to carry our bags to the room. I was pleasantly surprised with the room because it was spacious and the beds are comfortable with headboards and such. The pillows even smelled good. The a/c was very cool and the bathroom was clean. Another plus is that they have organic soaps! The room was a flat screen TV - not an lcd type and it was not strategically placed in the room. The wifi in my room is not very good, I have to get out in the rain to get a connection. The staff were very warm and pleasant. . They are very accomodating. Buffet breakfast was superb even with limited choices. Their cabanas are awesome, it even has an electronic outlet where I can plug-in my laptop. Overall, I loved my experience at Sur I don't mind staying there again. I will try the Superior room next because it has a bath tub.

Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Boyfriend and I had our 3-day vacay at Sur Boracay. I've heard and read good reviews about the place, so I had given it a try. In a nutshell, our expections were highly met. From food, service, to hotel needs. Everyone were friendly, too! We will definitely stay at Sur next year! Two thumbs up!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed at Sur Beach with my boys last July. I have to say that this hotel met all our needs in terms of accommodation and meals. Though the whole point in going to Boracay is to enjoy the beach and its people, our minds were at peace knowing that we have an awesome place to retire to when the night rolls by. Breakfast was very fulfilling and just enough to get you going in the morning. Special thanks to the servers and the 2 cooks who mans the omelet station. My kids were very happy. Front desk staff are very knowledgeable as well and accommodates every need.

LOCATION,LOCATION,LOCATION. In the heart of station 1, walking distance from station 2 but quiet enough for a relaxing atmosphere. Vendors are sometimes controlled, just have to ask the guard to limit their interactions with you if you need peace and quiet.

I highly recommend this place and will surely come back to it.

Room Tip: Second deck is pretty quiet. Wifi needs to improve a bit...