“Awesome location, great service and nice accomodations at a good value.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of True Home Hotel, Boracay

Save Saved
You added True Home Hotel, Boracay to your Saves list
True Home Hotel, Boracay
Balabag, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #15 of 174 Boracay B&B and Inns
Vancouver, WA
“Awesome location, great service and nice accomodations at a good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had a great six day family vacation with our two boys during Spring Break. We stayed in the Jr. Suite which offers breath taking views of the water and sunsets.The beach was at our doorstep and the water was perfect for any age. We had room service for breakfast every morning and the food was very good. My kids loved the eggs, bacon, pancakes (with fresh Mango :-)) coffee, juice toast. It was an ample amount of great food to get us going in the morning. We called the front desk for a number of items and all items were delivered within 10 minutes with a friendly smile.

Cons: A little noisy as the hotel is close to the street. They charged us $20 for an extra bed for each night for our 11 year old only making the single bed to a queen sized bed. Our 9 year old was free to stay in our room. It worked, but the images of getting a roll away so our two boys slept seperately did not come true.The king size bed was VERY firm.

Boracay has changed from a small island to a city in the fifteen years between our visits. If you can go during a non peak season I would recommend it. We REALLY enjoyed our time at True Home and would return without a doubt. Enjoy!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This was our 1st time in true home and I would say the room was spacious but dimly lit (2 lamps & 1 small ceiling light). The cabinet & door was creaking bad that we have to let it stay open. The staff was noisy in the hallway esp. in the morning, the way they talks it looks like they're shouting. There's no place to hang wet clothes, they don't provide hanging racks. The room we got was superior, and I may say, for the price it's fine. Additional person is Php 900/day including bed & breakfast. Breakfast is served from 7-10:30am, depends on what time you want it to be serve in ur room or the lounging area. They forgot to bring us breakfast 1 day, and all they say is "ay". They serve Filipino & American breakfast, aside from the main entree, there's also fresh mango & muesli, for kids they have cereal. They close the main door by 12 midnight. And their hallway is stuffy, staff always close the window, so when you pass the hallway u will sweat immediately.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
makati city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last February. It is located in a quieter side of Boracay, a few steps away from Willy's Rock. Staff are courteous, room is big... beachfront. Breakfast is okay, big serving and lots of choices. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Crawley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We arrived early but they checked us in straight away. Definitely worth upgrading to the Junior Suite as it has a very large balcony with sun loungers and tables and chairs with views straight out to the beach and sea below. Large Kingsize bed and bathroom. Breakfast served in your room on the balcony and lots of options. Sun loungers on the beach too. The nicer part of the beach to stay at Boat Station 1 with lots of bars and restaurants along the beach aswell. Only a 15 minute walk along the sandy beach path to Boat Station 2.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Junior Suite room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just came back from a 3d/2n Boracay trip and stayed here with my husband and 2 kids ages 3 and 5. We got the Superior room #1, which is just a few steps away from the beach. From booking to the actual stay itself, I could say that everything was such a great experience. Kuya Roy was very prompt in answering my emails, and he was equally accommodating together with Ate Che when we arrived there last March 3.

Fast forward to our trip- we arrived rather early for check-in. So we waited a few hours for our room to be ready. We didn't mind at all since True Home has a porch, which is beachfront, and there my hubby and I stayed while the kids were happily playing with the pure powdery sand of Boracay. Around 11:00-11:30 am, we were already inside the room, so two thumbs up there for early check-in.

LOCATION - Right in Station 1 beachfront - just a few steps away from the famous Jonah's Fruit Shake and Willy's Rock. And you can actually just walk along the stretch of Station 1 and 2 if you want to go to dMall. No restaurant facility at the hotel though. But there are restaurants nearby and if you are on a budget, the Andok's resto is just a few steps away through the main road.

ROOM - Very spacious. Clean. Organized. At 2900/night, it's sure worth it. What we loved most about the room was the bathroom (w/ hot and cold shower) and the bedroom tiles. The cabinet was a bit old, but it's no big deal for us. It is, however, true that it's a bit noisy in room #1 because it's right beside the alley. Would have been better if the window be converted as wall instead because after all, we never really open them.

BREAKFAST - Hearty indeed. It's actually a meal good for 2 instead of 1. With two sunny side up eggs, fried rice, choice of tapa, tocino, longanisa, or bangus, cereals, fresh fruit, orange juice, and coffee - me and hubby totally forgot about the buffet breakfast that we're so used to whenever we're on a trip. And for the kids? Well, True Home prepared cereals for them too. So that's another plus point. The hotel, though, could improve on this by having their own water dispenser at least. Although they serve us water when I requested, it would be better if they have this rather simple amenity, which I'm sure guests would appreciate a lot.

WIFI - Indeed reviews here were true - NO WIFI signal in room #1, which I somewhat expected. So I had no choice but to go to the front porch just to at least post FB updates and check emails.

STAFF - They're the best - special mention to Kuya Noriel! He was very accommodating during our 1st day up to our last day. He answered most of my queries whenever we're there at the front porch and never fail to give us our request. Also, I'd like to commend True Home for having very honest staff. I didn't know the name of the person who cleaned our room during our 2nd night but he/she was very honest since we left our iPad there on top of the bed. I was too worried when I realized where I last saw it, but hubby was comforting me just so our night won't get ruined since it's the eve of my birthday. And when we got back - guess what? The iPad's right there on top of the table. Bravo! It was the best gift True Home gave me (although I was secretly wishing for something special like a room upgrade, fruit basket and chocos like one of the reviewers here shared during their anniversary, or something. hehe just kidding.)

Overall, we really had a pleasant stay at True Home Hotel. My husband loved it, the kids loved it, and I loved it! My birthday weekend was sure a memorable one in Boracay. Would definitely recommend this to friends and family.

Room Tip: Room #1 does not have WiFi signal.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went as a group. Lack of credit card facilities a big drawback, especially when they ask you to pay the full balance on arrival , which was an issue as we had booked 3 rooms and were arriving at different times and the total balance outstanding was US$1300 - required in cash. Also had to pay half the amount up front in December, 2 months before traveling - a credit card facility to take a deposit much better.

Seemed very disorganized and confused.
We booked transfer for 2 people, confirmed it twice, and yet when arrived they were expecting 6 people.

We booked additional beds for 1 night, they tried to charge for 4 nights

Also quite noisy in the mornings, the reception staff were very loud, starting at 7am, as well as possibly having the loudest phone in Boracay.

I was asked to pay my friends mini bar bill on departure, because they hadn't paid when they were leaving a few days before. Not really my problem, but in good faith paid it anyway following the sob story about the money being deducted from their salaries - easily solved if credit card facilities available. Later discovered one of my friends had already paid their bill when they were checking out, so we were double charged for one of the rooms mini bar bill.

Breakfast wasn't great, and usually was barely warm when it was delivered. Better off going to Jony's beach hut 2 mins walk away.

The main blind in my room was broken which meant that I couldn't close the blinds fully for the first 2 nights, so woke up at sunrise each of those mornings. Informed them on days 1 and 2, was eventually fixed on day 3 of 5.

Arrived home from a night out to discover no security at reception and our room keys left on the table for anyone to walk in and access the room.

Location is right on the beach, and some decent restaurants nearby. Some nightclubs also nearby a little noisy until very late, but no big deal as we were out pretty late most nights anyway.. Generally a good quiet location on the beach. and with their own beds to lie on the beach metres from the sea.
5 minute walk to the water sports organisers.
Beach towels provided is a nice touch.

Given they had a big premium on their prices for CNY week, overall too many things wrong to be considered good value.

Room Tip: Superior rooms window is limited, so can be quite dark Junior Suite and Presidential suite are sea...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Location is perfect, right in front of the beach in Station 1,just a few steps away from Willy's Rock. We stayed here from January 21-24 (I actually just got home a few hours ago from Boracay when I wrote this review) We got the deluxe beachfront room on our first night then stayed on their Junior Suite with private veranda on our 2nd and 3rd night and both rooms are very homey. All the staffs are very accommodating specially ms. che and mr roy on the frontdesk. We were surprised when we transferred to the Junior Suite room because they gave us a basket of fruits and packs of Hershey's kisses as gift for our anniversary :) We went there as a couple. The junior suite is very spacious with 2 beach beds on the veranda, and dining table where we can enjoy our breakfast with a very good view of the beach and willy's rock. we also have a hammock on our veranda. I agree that they should put up their own restaurant so guests could just order beer or cocktails and enjoy their glasses while they are on the verandas. We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely choose True Home again on our next visit. :)

Room Tip: rooms 3 and 4- deluxe beachfront room 8 - Junior suite
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to True Home Hotel, Boracay? Share your experiences!