“We left our hearts in Boracay (and in True Home).” 5 of 5 stars

True Home Hotel, Boracay
Balabag, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #21 of 180 Boracay B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“We left our hearts in Boracay (and in True Home).”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

There are too many (positive) things to share about this place. Let me begin with their very accommodating reception officers Che and Roy. They were very helpful with us prior and during our stay there. They respond to our queries quickly and were very patient to our demands. The service of the general staff of the hotel is commendable.

The location is superb! It is perfectly located in Station 1 - beachfront! The night clubs and bars are just few steps away but no worries about the evening to dawn music and noise cos its barely heard (or none at all). Our group stayed in the presidential suite and beachfront rooms. There were actual moments when we don't wanna go out of the room anymore! The presidential suite is outstanding and so are their beachfront rooms. Breakfast is sumptuous and you even have the option to have it served on your room or have it served on a table set-up on their beach front veranda.

Though there are few things to improve on like their airconditioning system, everything else is stellar! If you plan to book in 4-5 star hotels nearby, you might want to consider True Home's presidential suite (for relatively the same price and royalty treatment). Should I recommend this to others? Definitely! Will I stay here again on my next Boracay trip? Yes!

True Home Boracay is True Home Indeed.

Room Tip: No doubt, take the presidential suite or the junior suite!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mandaluyong, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

This will now my favorite place to stay when in Boracay.

They offer a Jr Suite that has a terrace facing the beautiful beach of Boracay. Located at station 1 where the sand is perfect.

Only thing i might ask from this place is to have their own restaurant. Everything else is perfect.

If you plan to visit Boracay, stay at this hotel.

Love it! Will be back soon.

• Stayed November 2012
Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This small cozy hotel is located at the Station 1. Its easy to find it since the reception of the hotel is facing the main street and the other end is facing the beautiful white beach so near the famous Willy’s rock/ Grotto. Everything about this hotel is fantastic. Staff are helpful and accommodating. Breakfast is great and served either in your room or at the porch facing the beach ! Its comparative to 5 star hotel ala carte breakfast.

We occupied a standard room facing a small alley leading to the beach . Anybody could pass here, its a public right of way, so that means you can hear some people passing by. The room is stylish with complete amenities, ref. included and a safety deposit box….it is again comparative to 5 star hotel standard rooms…except for the alley part.

Wifi is not so strong and fone signal is low in our room. Im not sure with the other rooms on the 2nd floor. Signal is ok at the porch or outside our room.

The beachfront is lovely especially during early morning. You could just sit at the hotel’s porch and watch the scenery. At night time during high tide (around 10pm) the beach “disappears”. Its best to pass at the main street during high tide to get back to the hotel if you don’t want to get wet.

I like this place and we will surely go back . Hotel rate is not cheap not expensive either. But for Station 1 accommodation , this is a good bet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The last time we were at Boracay, we stayed at the Discovery Shores, so we knew that most places we stay at next Boracay trip would pale in comparison. True Home, though, instead of competing with the affluent comfort of the likes of Discovery, made a great impression by being quaintly comforting with comparable service.

Surely, the rooms weren't as refined as the other hotel, but it was clean, didn't look too worn down and had a rustic charm to it. The bathroom locks need mending,and the doors need oiling, but it was still pleasing to the eye, all in all.

The service was excellent. Very accommodating and more importantly, professional. They knew that the room assigned to us had an airconditioning unit not working so they let us stay at the presidential suite for the night (highly recommended room, by the way). This caring is particularly nice since it didn't matter that we got the room at a dirt cheap price through a deal site (other establishments treat you like a second class customer if you purchase through a deal site).

Food is very good and, again, surprisingly classy wth fruits, oatmeal, herbal tea & juice added to your basic meal.

Check-out wasn't even 5 mins, showing off the efficiency of their operation.

Definitely a recommend!

Room Tip: Definitely try the presidential suite. It has everything from a very big dining room, spacious livin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My family and I have been to Boracay at least 5 times already and we always stay at Boracay. From our first trip in 2007 up to our recent trip a week ago, we're still awed by the level of service and hospitality provided by the staff. Staying at True Home makes our Boracay vacation hassle- and worry-free. And have I mentioned they serve the best breakfast on the island?

Room Tip: Book the Junior Suite or room #5 :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dasmariñas, Cavite, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

It was my first time to bring my family to Boracay and I'm glad that we're able to find a budget friendly hotel with an excellent customer service.

I had been traveling the past 2 years due to work demands and had been staying on hotels. This by far is the most geniune customer service I ever received (far better than Shangri La Makati, and Hotel Intercontinental).

Good Points
Checking in was a breeze, only took a minute or two, which was awesome because my family was tired from hours of trip and at the same time excited to hit the beach. We took room #1 and #2 which is on alley way and only few walks to the beach. It is not as noisy as other reviewed, though it was also off peak season the time we were there. Our rooms are well airconditioned and overly spacious for its price! There is a queen sized bed and a day bed. The mini bar is well stocked compared to Patio Pacific Boracay which only contains one pack of dried mango on God knows how long it's been there and a couple of bottled water.

They are beachfront. So going to the beach is only a minute away from our rooms. They have a beachfront porch with very good wifi in case you want to work while you are having your breakfast there. Speaking of breakfasts, their inclusive breakfast is incredibly awesome and tastes fresh. The bacon is a bit overcooked but still good, love the muesli and the mango marmalade - it was the best marmalade I ever had. I wish I can take some home but the kind attendant told me that it is homemade and exclusive to the hotel.

Excellent, genuine customer service. I just cant reiterate this enough. The owners and attendants are snappy, welcoming and so geniune! You feel that this is what they do and love doing. I tried tipping the wonderful attendant who's serving our breakfast and it was only for a little amount yet he had given me a heartfelt appreciation. Also, on nights I have to work at the beachfront up to wee hours of the morning, the guards will automatically clean the table I chose to occupy from the little sands the winds had brought. They will stay and kept watch until I'm done. They are helpful on anything I ask and keep their voices very low when they talk so as not to bother me.

The Bad (but not really)
The place is a very long walk to D-Mall. Seriously. One must ride a trike from the highway. If you are going with a family who don't care about night life, their location is good as they are far from the noises of the strip which go until the wee hours of the morning.

There's a renovation ongoing the time we checked in and we can hear the pounding from our room. It didn't bother us at all though as we are mostly outside and go to our rooms by 7 PM on which we don't hear any sound of ongoing construction.

There is no wifi signal on the rooms we occupied (room #1 and 2). I had called the management about this and they politely offered me if I want to work on their office or at the front porch as the connection is better there. I chose to work on the beach front porch and I'm glad I did as I find it relaxing to work with the sound of the waves. They install wind barriers at night so I don't worry any sand or water (carried by the wind) getting into my work laptop.

Breakfast can be served at the front porch and it's a wonderful experience to be able to have a breakfast while watching the fishermen with their early catch and seeing actual live crabs on the shore and be with majestic views. The only downside to this is the porch is prone to people who are selling pearls, souvenirs and activities even we are in the middle of our breakfast. They will politely interrupt but still...

The furniture on our rooms are quite, not exactly of excellent quality and it took some time for me to figure out the waterheater on the bathroom sink as it is not automatic. It's not much of a bother though esp if you are mostly outside. Just pointing out this one, in case you are into looking into the details of the room.

The attendants display superb customer service but can use better work clothes. The ones that attended to us are only wearing sandos, worn shirts, shorts etc... I understand that it is a budget beach accommodation but I think it would be wonderful if they can have better work outfits.

My Verdict
I am giving this place 5 stars. Their service can outdeliver your expectations for the price you're paying.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Just got back from a birthday holiday in Boracay and staying in True Home made the experience wonderful. Booked my 5 day/4 nights stay online and confirmed my reservation a week before my trip. Check-in was a breeze. I got Room #1 which is in the 1st floor along the alley going to the beach. Yes, I was just less than 15 steps from the beach... can you imagine :)
My room was quite big with heirloom furniture.

The hotel was doing some renovations which made some noise in my room but the management was generous enough to transfer me to a Superior suite (Room#7) on the second floor for 2 nights.

Breakfast option is limited but the serving was more than enough for 1 person. Its your choice between Filipino or American breakfast with fruits, a bowl of muesli, orange juice and a pot of fresh organic tea.

The front desk can also arrange your outdoor activities or call in a massage service.

All the staff are very friendly and helpful.

If you want to feel at home in Boracay, this is a highly recommended place. Price per night is very affordable for a Station 1 hotel (best part of White Beach). There are less than 10 rooms in the hotel so expect great service from the staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to True Home Hotel, Boracay? Share your experiences!