“Security problem avoid this hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Henann Garden Resort

You added Henann Garden Resort to your Saves list
Henann Garden Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 2, White Beach, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines (Formerly Boracay Garden Resort)   |
Ranked #19 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
Manila
“Security problem avoid this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed in this hotel this October 2010. Everything was fine and service is ok except one night someone opened our door and took a peek not knowing that we were awake and gently shut the door. 10 minutes later there was a knock at our door and a housekeeping personnel suddenly ask if we have a problem. Suspicoiusly we told him that we did not called for housekeeping and I told him someone opened our door even though we have the keys. later we told management about the illegal entry and suspicous personnel knocking our door. They lined up all personnel and we told them the exact personnel who knocked our door. Later the night manager promised to fix the problem the next morning. Morning came and no one informed us about the status of last night's illegal entry. We ask the front desk and were told that the key used was a missing master key of the hotel and a personnel named Rommel also resigned from the job months ago. Now our point is that why the manager did not even approach us about the seriounes of the matter. Security is the most important part of any hotel and no matter how good the hotel is if there is a secutiry breach then avoid this hotel. Knowing that there is a missing master key on the loose taken by a rouge staff. It is only proper that the hotel changed the computer codes of all keys. The most outrageous thing about this incident is that the manager tried to avoid us and is very insensitive about the gravity of the case. I say avoid this hotel since a master key is still on the loose and innocent guest will be victims. Customers beware. Manager is Sandy Reynaldo.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Boracaygarden, Front Office Manager at Henann Garden Resort, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
On behalf of boracay garden resort, I would like to apologize for this unfortunate incident. After further investigation of this, we would like to clarify that the key used in entering the guest's room was not a master key but was a room attendant key (keys which are used by the attendants and can only open 15 rooms assigned to that attendant). The attendant admittedly went into the wrong room while attending a another call. It was not in fact until the next day that upon facing reprimand of his mistake, the said attendant unexpectedly stopped reporting to work and failed to turnover his assigned keys. We immediately changed the 15 rooms' lockset configuration affected by the said key. The guest was misinformed by the front desk who did not have the complete facts and only heard initial rumors regarding the incident.

Rest assured that we take any security breach seriously. Locksets configuration are automatically changed upon a report of a missing key. Moreover, a master key is never issued to any employee except the resident manager. We deeply regret that we weren't able to explain this to the guest and have undergone changes in our handling of guest issues so that this incident doesn't happen again.

I personally would like to convey my most sincere apology, and will strive for better standards in our resort operations.

Sandy Reynaldo
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Frankfurt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

I booked 5 days thru an internet portal, payed more than 10% in advance with the booking. At arrival the hotel demanded me to pay all 5 days in advance! But not only the remaining balance, but the complete bill, allthough my voucher clearly showed the down payment and the remaining balance. A phone call with the mgmt finally resolved the problem with the down payment, but my protest against the prepayment was not accepted.
When I said I wanted to pay with credit card, they tried to charge me an uplift of 7% to the bill! Again: protest - phone call - acceptance.
My bill was in US$, converting this to Philippine Pesos they used a 'house rate' which was more than 10% worse than the official bank rate. Again: protest - phone call - acceptance.
Then they couldn't charge my credit card (Mastercard) and said it was defective. Soon it turned out that the hotel equipment didn't work properly. After they weren't able to fix the problem on the second day, they forced me to pay in cash!
We got several phone calls on our room during 1st and 2nd day making me come down to the front desk to help resolve the credit card problem, in vain, until I disconnected the phone to get some rest.
The hotel itself and the room furniture looked worn out, there was just one chair for two persons - do they expect people to use it alternating? There was construction noise coming from an adjoining property, although the hotel is so large that they could have given us a quiet room further away.
Bottom line: never ever have I been treated so bad in any hotel in the world. Never ever has a hotel tried to cheat on me so obvious.
The management is obviously not interested in customer service at all.
Stay away from this terrible hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Boracaygarden, Manager at Henann Garden Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2010
We are sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. However, as it is stated that you stayed during October 2009, the resort was still under the former seraph management during that time. The resort was renamed Boracay Garden Resort when it was taken over by Henann Hotel Management (the same management as Boracay Regency and Regency Lagoon) only last January 2010.

Rest assured that under the new management we strive for guest satisfaction during their stay, take any complaints seriously, and handle them efficiently as possible. This response to a former complaint is issued based on these principles, as we always want to do anything we can make our guests happy.

The Management
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

First time visitor to southeast Asia and Boracay. My girlfriend and I had reservations at a small inn and we looked at other properties with a pool while walking the beach. Beginning of November so it was not that crowded. I asked at all of the hotels we visited if there was a discount, which there was, asked to see some rooms, and when we saw the rooms at the Seraph, we decided to forgo our second (paid) night at the inn and stayed here for two nights. We got a pool room for more than half off the rate sheet price, which included the breakfast buffet. Large, modern room, shower and tub, very clean. Large pool right outside our patio door. Breakfast was fine, location was good, not a five minute walk from beach to lobby as stated by another poster. Yes it is a Korean hotel, but my Filipino girlfriend and I did not feel put out by anyone. Expensive yes, but at the discount we got it was great

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Henann Garden Resort? Share your experiences!