Repeat visit from 2007. A lovely boutique hotel tucked between the boundary of Station 2 and Station 3.
The hotel is few metres away from the main beach but provides an access to a private cove exclusive to its guests. If you prefer of having your own beach away from the "maddening crowd", then the private cove will suit you. The private cove is a 10-15 min drive from the hotel and a shuttle service (twice daily) is provided for free. At the cove, use of snorkeling gear and kayak boats are free.
The hotel has 1 restaurant. Limited food selection but has the best pizza in Boracay. Price is very reasonable. Room service is available.
Rooms are well maintained, clean and spacious. No bath but big shower area. Basic toiletries provided. The sofa was converted to bed for our 4-yr old son. Our balcony overlooking the courtyard is quieter. The balcony overlooking the pool (where we previously stayed) can be noisy any time of the day due to guests using the pool. The mini-bar is stocked with generous initial complimentary beverages (beers and softdrinks).
The hotel has a lovely outdoor pool but no gym facilities.
The hotel is a 15 min walk to Station 2 where bars, restaurants (athough you will see some along the way) and the local mall are located. Station 1 can be a long trek. Suggest to take a shuttle or for fun try the local transport, Tricycle.
Buffet breakfast very average. Can do better. Prefer the previous arrangement of continental buffet plus your choice of a hot meal.
As this is our second visit, we were expecting the same travel arrangements we had before. Welcomed by a hotel representative at Kalibo airport, transferred by the private hotel shuttle/van to Caticlan then speed boat transfer to the hotel. All with the assistance of a hotel representative.
However, the Manila reservation office overlooked to inform us that evening arrivals are;
a. not welcomed by a hotel representative but by a bus organiser b. are to travel via tourist bus to Caticlan c. use the local motor boat together with the other tourists staying in various hotels. d: hotel representative will be at the Caticlan boat station with our own shuttle for the 15 min drive to the hotel.
1. If staying during peak months (December onwards), book 6 months in advance or more if you will require more rooms.
2. Bring insect & mosquito repellent.
3. December to April is the best time to visit Boracay.
4. If buying anything, bargain, bargain, bargain.
5. Do not buy shells (big). As this is one of the items not allowed by the immigration to be taken out of Boracay.
Apart from the hiccup of our arrival, we had a lovely stay at Asya. Lovely rooms and good value for money. We met lovely people and the staff looked after us, friendly, polite and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATIONFind a luxurious retreat in Boracay Island fit for the most discriminating traveler. Step into Canyon de Boracay and discover an Asian-inspired tropical paradise where verdant surroundings welcome you, complemented by plush exterior furnishings. This boutique hotel is also perfectly situated in Station 2, just steps away from the white sand beach and the hippest bars and restaurants this paradise island has to offer. ACCOMMODATIONOur hotel presents thirty one spacious guest rooms including Courtyard and Villa Suites that open to lush greeneries. Each suite is graciously appointed with artworks and tastefully selected pieces creating a distinctive sense of intimate comfort. Room categories include Deluxe, Courtyard Suite and Villa Suites.DINING Enjoy an unforgettable dining experience at Traviesa – our signature restaurant which offers Euro-Asian cuisine from Italy’s pizza and pasta to Asian favorites’ Seafood Kare-kare and Honey Chicken.RESORT & ISLAND ACTIVITIESIf adventure is what you’re looking for, our amiable guest services agent will gladly arrange for you to take part in a number of Island activities guaranteed to make your stay fun as it is relaxing. From a soothing massage to an exciting game of Golf, from boat rides to water sports, explore all these + more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your Canyon De Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asya Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Asya Hotel Boracay
- Asya Resort Boracay