“A Stellar Experience” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Resort   |   380 White Beach, Aklan Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #42 of 137 Hotels in Boracay
“A Stellar Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I decided to take a chance, and booked myself an Oceanview suite for two nights, despite travelling solo.

After a no-hassle airport pickup (tricycle, ferry, tricycle, and a quick saunter), I was greeted to my name written on the reception blackboard and smiling staff - and was in my room in a few moments. A bottle of wine, a cold fruit shake, and a platter of local fruits sat at the spacious sitting room. After a quick tour of the room, and setting my bags down, I immediately went back down to reception to book a further three nights.

I couldn't resist.

The bar downstairs has friendly staff, happy to chat, happy to leave you in peace, but altogether warm and welcoming. This made my daily routine, for what eventually became a ten day stay, a breeze.

Wake up in my airconditioned room on a spacious bed, catch up on the news (each suite has its own wi-fi router), admire the sea from my day bed, and stroll downstairs, get greeted by receptions staff, and into the cafe / bar to have breakfast. Beef tapa with eggs and a dash of Tabasco, a coffee, a pineapple juice and a mango shake - can't be beaten.

Back upstairs to my room, get my swimming shorts on, grab a double Disaronno on the rocks from the bar, plonk my towel on the hotel's daybeds right on White Beach, sip my drink while basking in the gorgeous high tide.

Due to the location of the hotel, somewhere where Station 2 ends and Station 1 begins, there's plenty of choices for food. Check out the Mexican joint a stone's throw down, and there's a great Filipino restaurant adorned family pictures that served one of the best sinigang broths I've tasted.

Come the afternoon, find Ferdi or any of his boatmen (ask the reception staff) and take yourself on a quick snorkel - but take some drinks with you, as you'll ask them to find you a secluded beach somewhere on the island where you can hide away for the rest of the afternoon. Even better, find some friends and make a party out of it.

I always returned to my room having been freshly cleaned during my day's activities, and if you feel like pampering yourself staff can arrange for a masseuse visit before you go find yourself some dinner.

All in all - facilities were spot on and staff were very helpful and friendly, location was convenient, and good value for money. As a seasoned traveller, it's rare to find well cared for accommodation that still retains a sincerely friendly atmosphere. During my stay, I met many other guests (families, couples, travelling friends) that felt the same way about the place, and would thus recommend a visit to Boracay Beach Resort.

Do yourself a favour, and get yourself an Oceanview suite. Wake up every morning and give the day a smile.

Thank you Boracay Beach Resort! I'll be back soon - and again and again after that.

Room Tip: Oceanview Suite. The extra space and privacy are well worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
SJDM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked through Agoda months before our trip for around PhP 5, 500 for 4D/3N – a quite smart deal for a couple in a budget. We stayed in a standard bungalow situated beyond the lobby, with plenty of greens making it quiet, relaxing and very private. The resort is in Station 1 and the crowd is significantly less than station 2 (I can only compare it to station 2 since I wasn’t able to take a look at station 3) and is centrally located to everything (D’mall, Willy’s Rock, etc.) Room looks experienced (must have met hundreds of guest already) but is above averagely okay, is spacious and well kept. They do housekeeping regularly and provide plenty of towels and toiletries (soap, tissue, bottled water). Shampoo, conditioner and body wash were provided one time upon our arrival. The native bag for beach use is a treasure and I can’t believe they gave me that as a souvenir! Room also comes with a safe were you can place small valuable items, although I’d say the room is safe by itself (we left our laptop and camera, which are no way could fit in in the safe, in the bed and they remained there), refrigerator and blower but telephone is MIA which require us to see the Receptionist for a request. The veranda provided a place to hang dry your wet clothes but since the place only allowed few streaks of sun, it becomes obsolete (but hotel provided laundry services). Only be warned with the mosquitoes in the veranda. Beach chairs are not the best (few more uses and they need to be replaced) but Kuya (I forgot the name), a hotel personnel compensates for that with his exceptional customer service. Accommodation comes with a big breakfast with enough varieties to choose from in Café del Mar Bar and Restaurant. I personally recommend the Bangus breakfast. Coffee and pancakes are excellent too! Definitely an amazing experience! To make your stay perfect, don’t miss their seafood marinara!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a fantastic time here. We initially wanted to stay in Boracay for a couple of days, but were so pleased with the service and facilities given by the wonderful staff, we ended up extending our stay to two weeks. Definitely want to go back.

Room Tip: We got a very good walk-in price, and we went there off season which makes a huge difference in pric...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Turned up after a delayed flight in a foul mood, was upgraded to a garden bungalow and in the rain didn't want to stay there! However woke up the next morning with better weather and the room was clean and bed was comfy - basic - but nice. Had breakfast which was lovely and went to beach and was blown away. In the evening went to bar and met Anne and Elyn the staff at the bar and they were the nicest staff I have ever had the pleasure to meet, British companies would be able to learn service from these people. I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone because of the fantastic service - world class - thank you for a lovely holiday - Chris :)

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Well , I booked two days here but I was do exited boracay I spent a lot vacation here in Philippines with my boyfriend . But service this hotel was no good. Have some insects in rooms . My boyfriend is going to reception to complain about insects but ignore . After we move and other hotel . This hotel is good but service is poor.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Service was very poor in this resort. The suite is hot and only the bedroom has airconditioner. Toiletries were not replenished every night. Security guard was very rude. I do not recommend this place.

Manila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

When my family went there, the place looked great, but the service was so poor! First of all, there was no manager and no OIC for any issues that needed to be addressed! Secondly, the security guard was in full uniform and drinking alcohol at night, while he was on the job! He was also not friendly at all! He never greeted and was never welcoming! To add, when it was raining, we asked if they had umbrellas, and the security guard said that there were in the rooms. We didn't remember seeing any, but we checked anyway. There were none, so we informed the guard. His response? "Ah wala?" ... well???? aren't you going to do something about it!? Also, toiletries were not replenished daily. Furthermore, even with the Do not Disturb sign hanging on the door knob, they still went in, opened all the windows that when we went back in the room, insects everywhere! We definitely do not recommend this place!

Room Tip: Location is great. Beds are nice. Service was horrible. You can't really use ocean view living r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Boracay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!