“Can be..Can be NOT” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Resort   |   380 White Beach, Philippines   |
Ranked #49 of 132 Hotels in Boracay
“Can be..Can be NOT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Well,this is actually my first time to write a review and actually not usual on doing this but since reading travel reviews helps me a lot specially now that I'm into traveling and always depend on the review before inquiring to any hotel.Well,actually I don't know how to start this review .Ok let's start it by saying the Pros first.

Location:Very good since its in station 1 less traffic and really quiet place to relax.Actuslly I found and booked to this hotel coz there's no more available rooms on the hotels I wanted to book on the fairways w/c I read was really far from the restaurants,shops etc.( accdg to the travel agent I inquired first).And since it's was our 1st time in boracay we wanted to see the stations1,2 and 3 to know what do they really have my it's the best tourist destination,So I tried to book direct and not through a travel agency.So after reading good reviews I decided to inquire here in BBR,and as I have "no more available rooms",so happy I was able to get a garden view room.I called to them and asked them to email me they're rate and quotation .The girl I have talked is very friendly and promised to email it w/in the day but waiting for it the whole day but got no email regardless on how many I follow it up through( take note that it's a long distance call ) all I heard was First come first serve.ok granted!And really thinking that this hotel is really good for it has lots of inquirers to attend too...until I have sent my confirmation form including the authorization to debit from my account..They did not confirm if they have received it.and follow it up again 6 days before the arrival and they confirm only by then.

I requested for RT for I am with my 7 year old kid with infant w/ me and lots of baggage.The guide was already when We arrived only what disappoint me is what I am expecting like the usual transpo waiting for us a van or a car but w/ them it's just like we are traveling by ourselves,from the airport riding a public tryc.,w/c still for me it's ok maybe this is really how it goes..but felt so inconvenient for we have to wait and have to fall in line and wait for chance to get the tryc..I paid for ph 2500 for this transfer not to mention of paying the porter where in every stop there is porter.For I don't know if they are only allowed on a specific area only...
All this disappointment vanish when we first stood in the white beach...and to there hotels...welcome drinks and cold towel are already waiting for us...customer service ...thumbs up!and amenities...all kinds of towel are provided from face towel,hand towel,bath towel and beach towel...beach bag are also provided!All in the room are ok except for the aircon,yes it's working quietly but the coldness it gives are not enough to make our room cold..my daughter still gets sweat.But didn't take that much since we are only staying their during night and gets colder during midnight.And On our last day we requested we will get our breakfast early because we will be leaving early they got our order until morning we found out that no one prepare for it..anyway who will prepare breakfast 6am in the morning when they said their resto is open from 7am I just thought they could make an exception on our part,but anyways we just had our light bf in the airport...All in all my stay is GOOD inspite I have found out some cons..As long as there service is good no prob at all.We will definitely comes back!

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mandaluyong, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you booked for their standard room, then you are in for big disappointment so get the suite instead. I know they are in the process of upgrading from a meager nipa hut type of room to a more cozy two-storey suite rooms which is nice. So last time i checked on Agoda i don't see the standard room advertised so maybe they totally shut-off the hut!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Cebu Island, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed staying at this hotel. Stayed at a number if hotels in Boracay and this was really comfortable to stay in. In the quieter section of Station 1 but close enough to the busier Station 2. The rooms were a bit outdated but large and the bathroom spacious. Toiletries were basic and the wifi worked quite well. The staff and service af this hotel were very attentive and friendly. No pool but hey with the ocean only a few metres away it is no problem. Breakfast is varied and the food is decent but we liked to go to the mall mostly and eat there. Overall looking forward to coming back. 8/10

• Stayed February 2012
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights this August 2012. Garden view suite located upstairs. We definitely recommend this place.

Cons:
-few toiletries, just soap and shampoo
-ala carte breakfast (the one with bacon) only serves 2 strips of bacon that are only 3inches long
-safety deposit box at the lobby (better if it's in the room)
-no pool

Pros:
-accessible
-beachfront but with privacy
-very good wifi signal in our room (better than the luxurious boracay regency)
-soft towels that smelled great
-for the price, the room was quite big
-nice balcony
-friendly service

Room Tip: Garden view suite's balcony (located upstairs) has more privacy than those at the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is situated on station 1 and is a little bit less busy than station 2.
Would recommend an upgrade to the deluxe rooms as there have all the usual stuff - walk in shower, comfortable beds a very efficient air con and a seating valcony.No pool but who needs a pool when the fantastic beach is less than 20 metres away.
Food is ok for light snacks. Surrounding restaurants suit most tastes and budgets.
The open air bar attracts a whole host of friendly & interesting people all with tales and experiences to tell

• Stayed July 2012
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here for 4d/3n last April 2012. Finally a vacation away from work.

We inquired for the availability of their rooms directly. Although there was some confusion with their business email address, we finally got our inquiries answered. We also requested for RT transfers from and to Caticlan so that the trip would be as hassle free as possible. The guide was there to pick us up and helped us carry our bags.

Upon arrival they served us cold towels and a nice welcome drink which was refreshing from all the walking and heat of the sun especially for people who didn't get any "Zzz'z". At that time the staff was very friendly and accommodating.

On our first 2 nights we booked the bungalow because we wanted to have a feel of the hammock, lol!

The room was adequate and comfy. The bungalow was out in the middle of the resort and has a garden feel to it especially at night where you can hear the gecko's making their noise.

On our last night our room got upgraded. There was a problem with their system, so we got upgraded to the suite.

The suite had the view of the beach and it was lovely. The room was clean and there were 2 beds. It seems that they had adjust the room layout to add an extra bed for us.

There was also a wedding event and since we wanted to chill out by the beach, we sat just outside the premises however we got scooted by one of the staff in charge of the event. Fortunately, she apologized because she thought that we were not hotel guest and receive a complimentary dish.

WiFi didn't have much range. It was weak in the rooms and at night for some reason it did not work even with all the passwords provided to us.

There was something off about this place as to why we needed to "buy/pay" for ice.
We ordered a couple of beers from their restaurant and we were drinking by their beach front. But when we requested for ice, they said that we have to pay for it. Since we wanted to drink cold beers to enjoy our bonding session we paid for the bucket of ice.

Same thing applied when we bought our colas from the convenient store. This time around, they didn't have any buckets to put our ice in so we ended up paying for a plastic bag of ice. It was our first time to encounter to "buy/pay" for ice in a hotel that we checked in.

Over all, the place is in a good location. Beach front and all but their wifi needs repeaters, the staff should familiarize themselves with their checked in guest, and what is the deal with the ice? That is the most baffling of all..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here in February for a week with our 13 month old son. We booked the ocean view suite which was extremely spacious and had a very large balcony. The ocean view suite included breakfast and laundry *every day* (which was extremely worth it for us). Breakfast was reasonable for us - a selction of several dishes - from american style to pinoy style. We ordered mango shakes every morning too - who wouldn't? The resort is about a 5 minute walk to the d'mall and we practically went there every day to get food or snacks which was cheaper than eating somewhere on the beach. We were worried about the noise since we had a 13 month old with us and it was close to some of the night life, but in the bedroom, you couldn't hear anything! We lounged on the chairs on the balcony and people watched every day - loved watching all the tourists and the locals interact. The location for us was absolutely perfect. Especially the beach. They had lounge chairs and the staff would come over and bring umbrellas and constantly move them around so that you always had shade. If we all went into the water, they watched our stuff. The staff pretty much stayed outside all day to watch everyones belongings so we didn't have to worry about our belongings being stolen. This was totally worth staying here too! The view from the resort on the beach was a few yards from where the sailboats dock and take off. We actually liked watching all the sailboats around the area, but others might not like that. Personal preference. We originally wanted to stay closer to station 1, but after walking there, it's so remote! The only place in station 1 that we liked was Jona's shakes. This resort was located near station 1/2 and closer to all the activities. We had friends that stayed at the shangri-la hotel and that was extremely remote - a little too remote for us. Only dining was at the hotel, unless you took the bus to the d'mall.

So all in all, we liked staying at the boracay beach resort. Everyone was friendly and we keep talking about going back one day. Maybe when the kids are older and we can do more activites on the water.

My biggest cons about the hotel was the AC in the room. The only ac in the room was in the bedroom and not in the living room or bathroom. It got pretty hot in the living room during the day - especially when you want to come up to your room from the beach. We would congregate in the bedroom. Also, the internet was horrible in the bedroom, so that would make us go out to the living room to use the wi-fi. Also, the walk from the main street to the resort wasn't fun - pretty long actually - with a 13 month old and luggage, especially when you traveled all day long. Oh yeah, and there were ants in the living room. Never complained about it though.

And if you take a tricycle to the resort, tell them that's it's attached to cafe del mar. People are more familiar with the restaurant which is attached to the resort. Also, we were concerned about not having a pool. NOT an issue with the beach. No waves and you could walk so far out in the water.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Boracay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!