“This is one of the few "relax by the beach" places on the entire island.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Artista Beach Villas

You added Artista Beach Villas to your Saves list
Artista Beach Villas
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Artista Beach, Aklan Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #12 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
travelingteacher39
“This is one of the few "relax by the beach" places on the entire island.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

While the price was actually higher than advertised on this site (the "special" price I was offered was $100/night), I still feel that the experience was worth it. I wanted to have a quiet getaway where I was right on the beach and that is basically impossible in Boracay, at least anywhere along the west coast - except for here. I probably should have chosen another island for what I was looking for, but Boracay was so easy to get to and I was curious about what it was. As it was, I was lucky to choose the Artista Hotel as I found exactly what I wanted.

There are a few other quiet getaway places around the island, but then you don't get the benefit of being able to walk along the beach to the restaurants and bars of the white beach. As far as I could see, this was basically the only place that I could wake up and look out my window to see the water 'right there,' easily pop out for a swim and relaxation on a beach chair, and still walk just 20 minutes or so down the beach and be right in the thick of the scene. And don't forget that I was far enough away from the scene to have a quiet relaxing (romantic if with a partner) night.

I have no complaints at all and highly recommend the Artista Hotel for anybody looking for a quiet beach getaway in Boracay. Even if you want a wild day and a quiet night, the staff will help you organize all the daytime fun you could want.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bellflower
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

I traveled to Boracay March 1 - March 8 of 2010 and could not have had a better trip. One of the main reasons was my experience at the Artista resort (station 1). First of all, I am not one that prefers the big 5 star, super luxury hotels every time I travel so if that is what you want please stop here. The Artista is a boutique style hotel with 9 rooms and the resort does not come with all of the amenities that a major hotel has but what they do offer is priceless. The service and staff are simply great (Alele, Michelle, Sam, ) were there to serve all of your needs from cooking breakfast for you (complimentary made to order breakfast mind you) to hanging out after work at one of the local nightspots with your party. The room was clean and perfect for the occasion. Nice bathroom and TV with AC so you remain comfortable. You don't have to worry about maid service bugging or knocking while you are sleeping in (a pet peeve of mine) because they know when you are there or not (key system that operates electrical system in room). Basically, if you want to feel like family stay at Artista. The location is also perfect IMO because it is like having your own little corner of the world and it is beautifully situated on a quiet part of the beach. You are only a 10 minute Tricycle ride (100 pesos) from the hustle and bustle of stations 2 and 3 so you are never far from the action if you want to partake. I have nothing negative to say about this resort and wholeheartedly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Stuttgart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

Artista seems to attract interesting people that want to enjoy a special place of a kind that you shurely won't find around any other corner. Apart that it is located at a very quiet part of the island, the owners invest a great effort to keep the white beach tidy such as the whole hotel. It is clean and with its very own architecture has the personal touch it takes, to make it different. The most remarcable yet - is the staff. It does not take them any effort at all, to make you feel like you're the one and only - at any time of the day. Great to wak up in the morning and see each of them meet you with the greatest smile ever.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

We went to Boracay on the last week of May, and it was after a typhoon in the philippines so the beaches+sea around the hotel was a mess, alot of algae and made you don't feel like swimming at all. But if you choose a right timing to visit Boracay, i am sure it'd be perfect.

Though, my partner and i managed to find this gem of the island, a secluded beach called ilig-iligan, realy white sandy beach and water is as clear as "swimming pool". Most importantly, it is quiet and not alot of tourists know about this place so if you are looking for a romantic getaway with your loved ones, hire a driver (or rent someone's private bike, like we did) to the back of the island, enjoy peaceful moment while you stay away from the crowd at the white beach.

artista is really good in a way it makes you feel like home. staff are friendly, yet, giving you ample privacy when you really needed. not to forget to mention, they are really helpful. as i was sun-burnt everyday after sun-bathing, they were able to deliver me half a watermelon.(chilled watermelon skin,the pink part, is really good for cooling).

we stayed in room 4, the one below room siete, which was good enough. have the same view, same silence in the night (as the hotel is secluded, away from hustle crowd at station2, where parties,clubs,resto, are all located at). room is equipped with air-condition as well as a ceiling fan, so, in fact, a fan is already cool enough in the night while the wind blows in from your balcony.

btw. when we booked the hotel, we also opted to take the speedboat private transfer from the airport which was way faster than the normal transfer. not much walking or carrying ur belongings to do if you choose to take their speedboat transfer.

if we were to go back to boracay again, we will definitely choose Artista again, without a second hesitation!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

I traveled with my family from Canada (2 adults and 2 adult children) for our annual family vacation. I've been to Boracay before and stayed at a much more expensive place, but the service wasn't ANYTHING CLOSE to the service I received at ARTISTA. I never felt more like an Artista, and I am one myself hehe...Their service, location, staff, and everything is SECOND TO NONE. As a singer myself, i've travelled the world, and Artista has been one of my most enjoyable and stress/problem free vacations EVER. Their staff and management at Artista ensure you enjoy your stay and will do everything in their power to make sure everything is okay.... From booking the hotel all the way to dropping us off for the airport, I have not one complaint! All of their staff and helpful and knowlegeable and make you feel at home and comfortable. KEEP IT UP AND SEE YOU SOON! Me and my family miss you all there! -Chris ('Zac), Anthony, Marisa, & Gil (From Canada)

• Stayed January 2010
All Over
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

Stay: 4 nights/ 5 Days
Age Group: 27-31 + 1 year old

Thank you to Nenita, Jimmy, Allelie, Sam, and the entire staff!

Service: From the moment that we arrived, the service was incredible. The staff is very friendly, took great care of us and my 1 year old son, and they were very accomedating.

Food: Not a huge selection for breakfast. But we loved our morning breakfast! It was delicious, and just the way we liked it!

Rooms: We were side by side in the rooms right above the beach. Clean, Cute and our view was amazing.

Location: It is a walk from the main area, where all the restaurants and shops are- but to us that was a good thing! It was like you had your own private island.

The staff and place were incredible all the way around. We will definitley stay here again! Thanks so much again for a great vacation!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

We enjoyed a 10 night stay at the Artista and could not have chosen better. From arrival at Caticlan airport, the hospitality and helpfulness of the Artista staff was second to none. We were met by Sam, who is extremely friendly, knowlegeable and honest, especially when giving us advise on trips and best times to do them, contrary to the touts that can be found on white beach, who would sell their boat trips regardless of weather conditions. The hosts and owners, Jimmy and Nenita, along with their friendly staff treated us like one of the family and we were made to feel most welcome and we can see why guests return time and time again. It was a truly unique experience and wonderlul personalised service, which is often lacking in larger hotels and resorts. The Artista is in the best spot on Boracay beach if you want a quiet, peaceful and relaxing holiday away from the hustle and bustle which you will find on White Beach.
We would like to thank Nenita, Jimmy, Sam and all the lovely girls for making our stay so special and enjoyable and sharing your beautiful island life with us. Cherry & Stephen & Natalie.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Artista Beach Villas? Share your experiences!