“Turtle Inn Rocked!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 131 hotels in Boracay
London, England, United Kingdom
“Turtle Inn Rocked!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in the turtle inn resort during april 2012. I found the rooms to be clean and spacious and had everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable and once i worked out how to use the remote on the aircon i was very pleased. The staff were very welcoming, friendly and I felt at home here, especially talking to the owner Ate Malhena who helped us with getting set up for scuba diving, and giving us the best information on places to go and see and how to get around. It is situated near boat station 3 which is abit quieter, but about 3 mins away from the white beach which is pretty near so if you walk along the beach, its not long till you reach the busier side of boat station 1 and 2. I felt safe while staying here and would definitely recommend anyone looking for a cheaper option to look no further.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

nice staff and a warm hearted owner. clean big rooms and clean toilet and bath. a people first attitude before profit. positive.

Room Tip: its a 3 minute walk to the beach with its own terrace quiet and clean where you can spend reading an...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Customer Service is the best! We stayed there last year but missed it this year (fully booked!). But we went to dine there with family and friends and we were again treated with the same service as before! highly recommended! Very nice bed, hot water everyday, free flowing of coffee.. best rate on tours! What more can you ask for?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Boracay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

After a terrible experience at Lingganay Hotel Resort, Boracay (see my review), Turtle Inn proved the perfect antidote.

Turtle Inn is not 'grand' like Lingannay, but it could teach the arrogant owner of Lingannay a lot about what service really means.

Unlike Lingganay, the well-trained friendly staff keep the show on the road. And they all speak English - UNLIKE Lingganay.

Staff were particularly impressive dealing with requests. Our air con unit was fixed very promptly - UNLIKE Lingganay.

The security guard was friendly and did not point a loaded shotgun in our faces - UNLIKE Lingganay.

There was no construction to wake us up at 6.46am on a Sunday morning - UNLIKE Lingganay.

Resto food is good with generous servings. A decent menu to choose from at very affordable prices - UNLIKE Lingganay.

Turtle Inn is close to the action on White Beach - so shopping, going out, etc., was easy. We don't have to rely on a dodgy Shuttle service from 'in-the-middle-of-nowhere' Lingganay and my partner did not have to suffer the attentions of a sex pest driver - UNLIKE Lingganay.

At half of the price of Lingganay and yet so close to White Beach, Turtle Inn demonstrates excellent value and service can still be found in Boracay. It's not posh, but pleasant, clean rooms and it is down-to-earth, safe and secure - UNLIKE Lingganay.

Oh, and did I mention the owner of Turtle Inn? A very nice lady called Mahlena (American Filipina). A class act - UNLIKE Kobi Zimmerman (German),the appalling, dodgy owner of Lingganay.

For a no-nonsense, enjoyable, relaxed, hassle-free and affordable stay we are delighted to recommend this hotel, one of the most experienced and efficient in Boracay - you guessed it, UNLIKE Lingganay!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Quezon City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Turtle Inn is not a beachfront property, but it is just a short walk from the beach. It's located near the quiet side of Station 3. This also means that at night, when you want to sleep, the party sounds can't reach you. It doesn't mean that it's far from where the action is. Stations 1 and 2, are both within walking distance.

My friend and I liked the place so much! I loved the vibe of the place. It's so relaxing. The staff, including the owner, are friendly and accommodating and not overattentive. Upon our arrival, we were offered welcome drinks, which are delicious. Our room (which thankfully was located on the ground floor) was big enough for two people. The bathroom was clean and not cramped. The bed was firm, just the way I like it.

If I have to criticize the place, I'd say that our room can do with another trash can. not that we didn't have any. We had one in the bathroom and just outside the door. But one more inside the room won't do any harm. Also, it may be a good idea to have a place for toiletries in the shower. The regular sized soap holder just won't do when one brings their own toiletries.

Another thing: the room we were given had a connecting door. to the next room. Normally, it doesn't bother me. However, staying next door to us were a Chinese couple who choose to get into a loud argument at night. Which we could hear clearly. Had we understood what they are fighting about, it would have made for a interesting evening.

Overall, I still love the place and would return to it next time I am in Boracay. Tip: their fruit shakes are really, really good! I always request them not to put in milk and sugar, and it still remains excellent!

Room Tip: The place has a lot of stairs. Ask for a room on the ground floor to minimize climbing.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed for two nights in february in this place. The owner and the staff are just wonderful people that will do anything to make your stay better. The downstairs restaurant serves great breakfast! The room we had (no 10) was perfect in size and has a very nice bed. Sliding doors opens up to the patio. Split type air-condition and a nice shower. This is the place we will stay in Boracay when we come back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
West Brookfield, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

My wife and I spent the week of the 2012 Chinese New Year at the Turtle Inn. First let's get the basic details out of the way. Excellent value, excellent staff and as far as we were concerned a great location. You are not right on the beach which was fine with us. It is about a two mnute walk away. The location is quiet and offers privacy. The beds were comfortable. The air conditioning was excellent and the showers worked fine. The internet connection in the room met all of my needs. The complimentary breakfast was great. I can not say enough about the staff. They were helpful and attended to all of our needs.

If I were to return to Boracay I would stay at the Turtle Inn again. Because of the size of the Inn it has a very cozy atmosphere. We got to meet some great people there and we have continued to stay in contact.

This was a honeymoon for my wife and I and I don't think we could have picked a better place. This may rub some people the wrong way, but my wife and I are a same sex couple. Not once did we feel uncomfortable at the Inn. We were treated with respect and dignity.

Mhalen, Jenni and Justin thanks much for a great time. It was truly appreciated.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Turtle Inn Resort? Share your experiences!