“Nice hotel,very accessible to the beach,and the market place.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Boracay Holiday Resort

You added Boracay Holiday Resort to your Saves list
Boracay Holiday Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   Station 2, Corner Main Rd. & Tirol Rd. | Balabag, Aklan Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #94 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
Zurich, Switzerland
“Nice hotel,very accessible to the beach,and the market place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hotel was recommended by a friend of mine. We booked it via online bookings the price is affordable, and we stayed in the hotel for 5 days with complimentary breakfast. The food that was served were filipino and italian food which is buffet.The rooms were clean and nice, the swimming pool is nice and huge my kids enjoyed it.The staff were very friendly and helpful. Boracay was also affected by the typhoon yolanda/haiyan so some power lines were damaged, there is no enough power supply in the island so the hotel used generator to provide electricity. However, we still enjoyed our stay in this hotel. We are going to stay here again.

Two thumbs up for Boracay Holiday Resort!

Room Tip: all rooms were nice
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Viroflay, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

we are not happy by our stay in this hotel for many reasons,
first when we call the information desk befgore our stay they say it s better to book by internet to "enjoy" 10% discount but we still waiting to enjoy.
when we arrive except the swimming pool we didn t appreciate the hotel, the room is to old, sometime we had no pressure to take shower and even once they cut the water without notice, the toilets linking
the tv doesn t work well.
also they make some works during our stay it smells painting and once they drill on the afternoon during the nap of our son....
it s expensive for this kind of hotel
the staff is kind and try to help but they can t do anything
i do not recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Pasig, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at BHR last weekend with my wife . She asked for a place with a pool and BHR has a large clean pool with a well stocked poolside bar with reasonable prices for drinks.
Since typhoon Santi made the seas very rough, the pool was a savior.
The room we had was a standard room on the 3rd floor was spacious e nough and not cramped. The aircon worked well.
The bath had good running water even in the 3rd floor , it always had hot water available.
BHR is accessible to the beach and with a little more walk to D'Mall . Its on the same road perpenicular to the beach as other more expensive Hotels . Through the rear exit you have ready access to/from Talipapa.
The hotel staff are friendly helpful and knowledgeable. The rates are very reasonable , you could do much worse than BHR for the same rate.
The breakfast buffet is ample and with better than average quality bacon, sausages, corned beef and Tuna. However only 1 choice of eggs is available, we had hard boiled eggs on one day and scrambled eggs on the next day. If BHR set up an egg cooking station for breakfast would make a big difference for a minimal cost to the hotel. I Hope they incorporate this in the future. I would recommend this for those who want a little quiet but still be an arms length away from the busy public areas.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had my assistant in the office book me there as it was near another venue where an event I had to attend to was going to be held. This was perhaps the worst hotel I've been into in the past 10 years. Here are the top complaints that I have:

1. The room is full of hidden ants. I just left my toothpaste tube slightly open in the bathroom and, after I came back in a couple of minutes, I saw black ants surrounding the tube. It seems the ants were also present in the room.

2. The choices for breakfast are not good. You'll be better off eating outside (there's a McDonald's nearby, and while I am not a fan of McDonald's, to be this is still a better option).
The juices are not fresh, nor are they the top-line juices; they are from canned "juice" which can be bought from the supermarket (lots of sugar).

The breakfast also opens at 7am (unlike in other hotels where it opens at 6am). When I got down before 7 and I noticed there was no food, I asked the front desk person, and she said that it opens at 7 and it's indicated in the voucher that was provided to me (and I found it rude that she had to point that out).

3. To get to the rooms from the front-desk, you will have to pass some sort of back-entrance which seems like an extension of a workshop (with lots of furniture scattered all over the place). There is indeed a workshop upfront, and the whole place smells of paint and varnish.

4. The rooms have common areas outside where people are free to do whatever they want (including smoking). I am a non-smoker and I feel bad smelling smoke every time I leave the room.

5. The lobby/waiting area has sofas that are still covered in plastic. Now that says a lot. It's either they really want to keep their furniture clean or they dont trust the types of guests they attract. In any case, sitting on furniture with plastic still wrapped around it doesn't look and feel good.

6. The rooms have no Wi-Fi access. Only the lobby/reception areas have, but then you wouldn't want to stay there for so long.

So there. I won't even say you get what you pay for. The hotel is relatively inexpensive, but you may probably find cheaper alternatives with less of the headaches.

Just to be fair, here are some things I liked:

1. The swimming pool is clean and good. You can make a few laps without problems.

2. They do have a gym (but I wasn't able to use it to evaluate further).

3. The security guard is friendly. He led me to a back-entrance to the market area so I don't have to walk around the block anymore. This, by the way, was where I discovered where the varnish and paint smells were coming from since to get to the back-entrance, one needs to pass through the workshop.

Room Tip: Choose something in the lower floors as there are no elevators to bring you to the top.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I'm the kind of person who usually avoids crowded areas. So we settled with this hotel after searching for a whole week for options on where to stay in boracay. This is located in Station 2 and you will be walking 2-3 minutes going to the beach. the room we rented was good for 15 persons. 2 bedrooms with 2 queen sized beds and a lving room. and it is just beside the pool. yes, a pool. they have a wading pool for kids and wanna be kids. The package we had with the hotel was with free breakfast, the food choices are ranging from western to Asian cuisine up to local cuisines. The food is good enough and the price of our 2nights stay at that room was brilliant and smooth. no noise heard from the beach parties. you can relax really well here.

The services is average, maybe because when we where there they had a lot of guests because it was summer. but overall, the amenities and facilities are well maintained and cleaned. even the pool early in the morning you can see that they are cleaning the water from it and at around 8am you can use the pool.

Room Tip: choose the room on the ground floor if you're lazy climbing 3 story up.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here February this year for 2 nights, room size is okay, the aircon is bit too old and it takes time to cool the entire room. The beed is way too hard it gave me back aches.
We are 4 adults in the rooms and 1 kid. I find their price a little too expensive they only offer buffet breakfast for 2. Property is a bit far from the beach.
What i didnt like here is you have to call the front desk for everything that should already be in the room. No rags, no tissues, no pale.
the only good thing about this hotel is their pool, thank god they have a pool and my nephew enjoyed it a lot. Staff are not helpful at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Harstad, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Room was booked through My Boracay.Was no other choices when we was scheduled for our Boracayholiday.BHR is a reasonable hotel.Hotelstaff are doing their best.Stayed in their Bachelors Pad.Good for 4 pax and you had the option to make your own food.No WIFI in the room.Only in lobby and at the swimmingpool.Bathroom was small and crampy.Waterpressure not much to bragg about.And they only provided room with a few small soapbars and one roll with toiletpaper a day.Not much when you are 4 pax.Their daily breakfast was not so good either.If late no food left.This is a hotel that i will never return to.And Boracay getting more and more crowded for every year.Will be many years before i will come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Boracay Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!