“Quiet yet Accessible” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Boracay Holiday Resort

Save Saved
You added Boracay Holiday Resort to your Saves list
Boracay Holiday Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   Station 2, Corner Main Rd. & Tirol Rd. | Balabag, Philippines   |
Ranked #101 of 132 hotels in Boracay
Pasig, Philippines
“Quiet yet Accessible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at BHR last weekend with my wife . She asked for a place with a pool and BHR has a large clean pool with a well stocked poolside bar with reasonable prices for drinks.
Since typhoon Santi made the seas very rough, the pool was a savior.
The room we had was a standard room on the 3rd floor was spacious e nough and not cramped. The aircon worked well.
The bath had good running water even in the 3rd floor , it always had hot water available.
BHR is accessible to the beach and with a little more walk to D'Mall . Its on the same road perpenicular to the beach as other more expensive Hotels . Through the rear exit you have ready access to/from Talipapa.
The hotel staff are friendly helpful and knowledgeable. The rates are very reasonable , you could do much worse than BHR for the same rate.
The breakfast buffet is ample and with better than average quality bacon, sausages, corned beef and Tuna. However only 1 choice of eggs is available, we had hard boiled eggs on one day and scrambled eggs on the next day. If BHR set up an egg cooking station for breakfast would make a big difference for a minimal cost to the hotel. I Hope they incorporate this in the future. I would recommend this for those who want a little quiet but still be an arms length away from the busy public areas.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had my assistant in the office book me there as it was near another venue where an event I had to attend to was going to be held. This was perhaps the worst hotel I've been into in the past 10 years. Here are the top complaints that I have:

1. The room is full of hidden ants. I just left my toothpaste tube slightly open in the bathroom and, after I came back in a couple of minutes, I saw black ants surrounding the tube. It seems the ants were also present in the room.

2. The choices for breakfast are not good. You'll be better off eating outside (there's a McDonald's nearby, and while I am not a fan of McDonald's, to be this is still a better option).
The juices are not fresh, nor are they the top-line juices; they are from canned "juice" which can be bought from the supermarket (lots of sugar).

The breakfast also opens at 7am (unlike in other hotels where it opens at 6am). When I got down before 7 and I noticed there was no food, I asked the front desk person, and she said that it opens at 7 and it's indicated in the voucher that was provided to me (and I found it rude that she had to point that out).

3. To get to the rooms from the front-desk, you will have to pass some sort of back-entrance which seems like an extension of a workshop (with lots of furniture scattered all over the place). There is indeed a workshop upfront, and the whole place smells of paint and varnish.

4. The rooms have common areas outside where people are free to do whatever they want (including smoking). I am a non-smoker and I feel bad smelling smoke every time I leave the room.

5. The lobby/waiting area has sofas that are still covered in plastic. Now that says a lot. It's either they really want to keep their furniture clean or they dont trust the types of guests they attract. In any case, sitting on furniture with plastic still wrapped around it doesn't look and feel good.

6. The rooms have no Wi-Fi access. Only the lobby/reception areas have, but then you wouldn't want to stay there for so long.

So there. I won't even say you get what you pay for. The hotel is relatively inexpensive, but you may probably find cheaper alternatives with less of the headaches.

Just to be fair, here are some things I liked:

1. The swimming pool is clean and good. You can make a few laps without problems.

2. They do have a gym (but I wasn't able to use it to evaluate further).

3. The security guard is friendly. He led me to a back-entrance to the market area so I don't have to walk around the block anymore. This, by the way, was where I discovered where the varnish and paint smells were coming from since to get to the back-entrance, one needs to pass through the workshop.

Room Tip: Choose something in the lower floors as there are no elevators to bring you to the top.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I'm the kind of person who usually avoids crowded areas. So we settled with this hotel after searching for a whole week for options on where to stay in boracay. This is located in Station 2 and you will be walking 2-3 minutes going to the beach. the room we rented was good for 15 persons. 2 bedrooms with 2 queen sized beds and a lving room. and it is just beside the pool. yes, a pool. they have a wading pool for kids and wanna be kids. The package we had with the hotel was with free breakfast, the food choices are ranging from western to Asian cuisine up to local cuisines. The food is good enough and the price of our 2nights stay at that room was brilliant and smooth. no noise heard from the beach parties. you can relax really well here.

The services is average, maybe because when we where there they had a lot of guests because it was summer. but overall, the amenities and facilities are well maintained and cleaned. even the pool early in the morning you can see that they are cleaning the water from it and at around 8am you can use the pool.

Room Tip: choose the room on the ground floor if you're lazy climbing 3 story up.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here February this year for 2 nights, room size is okay, the aircon is bit too old and it takes time to cool the entire room. The beed is way too hard it gave me back aches.
We are 4 adults in the rooms and 1 kid. I find their price a little too expensive they only offer buffet breakfast for 2. Property is a bit far from the beach.
What i didnt like here is you have to call the front desk for everything that should already be in the room. No rags, no tissues, no pale.
the only good thing about this hotel is their pool, thank god they have a pool and my nephew enjoyed it a lot. Staff are not helpful at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Harstad, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Room was booked through My Boracay.Was no other choices when we was scheduled for our Boracayholiday.BHR is a reasonable hotel.Hotelstaff are doing their best.Stayed in their Bachelors Pad.Good for 4 pax and you had the option to make your own food.No WIFI in the room.Only in lobby and at the swimmingpool.Bathroom was small and crampy.Waterpressure not much to bragg about.And they only provided room with a few small soapbars and one roll with toiletpaper a day.Not much when you are 4 pax.Their daily breakfast was not so good either.If late no food left.This is a hotel that i will never return to.And Boracay getting more and more crowded for every year.Will be many years before i will come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

BHR is a reasonable hotel, the price is reasonable and reasonable clean rooms, the staff are reasonably kind, I booked the hotel 3 weeks prior to our vacation, I requested a pick up and airport transfer, the day we arrive at Kalibo nobody picked us up :( not really nice if you are travelling with a baby, the hotel did not even apologize for that, hmmm, but anyways the spa was great! We were there last june with my husband and 15 months old baby, so here's the thing, in front of the hotel is the road which leads to the beach. The road which leads to the beach is always busy, with motorcycle and tricyle so its not very nice if you have a baby stroller with u, you cant even walk properly its always busy that you feel like you are not on a vacation walking there. They are building hotels next to this hotel so constructions are going on. Its always noisy! Boracay gets very crowded every year, lots of korean people? Im not against them but its just too many of them! For me boracay is not a place to relax anymore. If you want to relax dont go to station 1, 2 and 3, go to Puka beach or something or dont go to boracay anymore! Boracay is nice 10 years ago but it really change, what a shame!! will never go back to Boracay again. But the BHR breakfast is superb!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

You cannot find any other hotel in station 2 of boracay where you can spend 1 minute walking from the hotel door and tadaaaa... the white beach is yours - but the few strings of hotel only like this one.

Money wise, its not the worth. You pay too much for the room services which they require to do so.

Room cleaning is upon request - only from 8am-5pm.
No toiletries. Although i book for a deluxe room, their service fits non-aircon room.

Shampoo and conditioner in one, soap and 2 bath towels- are the only provisons.
Dont expect shaver,Fancy bath gels, Showers cap, toothbrush and toothpaste.
They told you they provided mini bar, but the only thing inside the ref is bottled water. No other crunchies for you to choose and pay after check out.

Breakfast is very common, unworthy of 280php worth as what they ask you to pay if you have extra pax.
Egg,rice,lettuce,old tomatoes,beef tapa,bread and pandesal,strawberryjam and mango jam, hotdogs, coffee and kool-aid juices very unsatisfactory. they serve old fruits like banana and mango.
They have foreigner guests, they shoud have plenty of choices of food!

the room has no place to dry your clothes. TV cable channels were fine-and expected.
telephone at the bedside is provided. big cabinet is also there with a big mirror. Room spacious enough and can accommodate 6pax.

The manager who was accommodating us in the morning, (july 4,2013), i talked to him asking whether we can have a packed breakfast for the next day(5th july) because we will leave the hotel at 5am. He said yes. The next morning upon checkout, Kevin, the front desk staff, (obviously we awakened him from sleep), i asked him about our breakfast, he said nothing was conveyed to him, until i told him i asked the manager this morning that we weill be leaving this early and agreed to me they will packed our food. That's the time kevin asked the kitchen to pack food for us. (3pices of bread, 3 slices of pork ham, 2 pcs of longganisa) and bottled water. enough for you? worthy of the price you paid?

Boracay was quite rainy in the evenings when we went there. We asked the front desk to lend us umbrella. They are charging 100php for the rent. Again?? We stayed in your hotel and even a single umbrella you cannot lend your guest?

Pool is clean and smells like chlorine all the time. Big enough to play with kids if you plan to bring them.. But who cares for the pool anyway? the beach is much more better than the pool.. :)

Expecting special treatment from them? Never expect extra miles from this hotel. Its my birthday on 4th july. We stayed there 3rd july- 5th July. Upon arrival, they even ask me to fill up guest arrival form. Name, and birthday on the side. But nothing special was executed from the staff. To compare your hotel to other hotels ive visited, they will throw a bunch of fruits on the room of the bday celebrant, or a slice of cake upon breakfast, how about that? Hotel's room is Aston Kuta in Bali, Indonesia. Applause for Bali's hotel and their creative minds and staffs which they treat special in every single way. Hotel manager roam around the tables every breakfast time and ask about feedbacks personally.

Ive been to Boracay several times, and i wont stay in this hotel again, NOR recommend this to my friends and Foreign friends.

Room Tip: ours was 218, far from the stairs and lifts which will give you better sleep.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Boracay Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!