“terrible resort...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Boracay Holiday Resort

You added Boracay Holiday Resort to your Saves list
Boracay Holiday Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   Station 2, Corner Main Rd. & Tirol Rd. | Balabag, Aklan Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #93 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“terrible resort...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

In a recent trip to Boracay, I booked to stay in this resort. We booked for 2 nights stay. However, due to wrong booking of flight, my friends and I can only stay in the hotel for 1 night. Hence, we decided to cancel the second night stay, and just stay for a night. When we approached the receptionist and manager, they immediately say NO to us and insisted must give FULL payment for 2 nights stay, even though if we only stay for a night. They are quite rude and impolite, with no smile on the face. And when we said we would like to move to other hotel and dun mind to burn the deposit, they insisted that we still need to pay FULL payment for 2 nights!!! =.= And when we showed them the terms and condition stated on the website, which states that ONLY the deposit are not refundable. They printed us another copy of their booking and there only stated that we are not allow to modify anythng prior 7 days of stay. In d end, we have no choice, bUt stayed in the hotel for a night, yet paid for 2 nights. And when we entered the room, the most annoying thing was the super old model air cond sound. It was so loud. The breakfast was bad and not tasty. The free wi fi ONLY available at lobby area=.= and the speed was super slow when many used it at the same time at the lobby. Oh ya, one more thing, u need to PAY for the hair dryer use=.=not sure how much though, but u need to request for it. Is this the standard for RESORT, where u need to pay for hair dryer use? especially when hair dryer becomes so important during the rainy days in Oct... Bed was very hard, and not comfortable to sleep on.. Oh one more last thing, u need to REQUEST for room cleaning! OMG! REQUEST?! I stayed in many hotels before, but never heard of this before! Ok, after i read so mny reviews about this hotel, actually i came across many complained the similar things too.. well, guys, is up to u whether wn to stay in this resort and spoilt your holiday mood...but for me and my friends, we definately say NO to this resort. Thanks:)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Rodel M, Officer In Charge at Boracay Holiday Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
When we book a flight or when we enter in any agreement, we must review what inside of it. We only charge the booking according to the policy we published.

For room cleaning, we always informed our guest that they need to put/hung the cleaning time or don' disturb in their door knob or request from the office to clean their room because we don't automatically enter the room with out the consent of the guest to avoid planted losses of valuable things or to avoid always knocking the door and make a disturbance to the other guest sleeping, because Boracay is a 24 hours busy island and 24 hours bar hoping we don't now what time the guest start sleeping. For this, we only consider the guest resting time, even what time is it.

For the breakfast, we have only a Filipino American Breakfast, and this is a complimentary only. The guest have the choice, because there is a lot of choices and they can also order but they need to pay already because that is not included to the breakfast that we compliments to our guests.

And for the bed, we have a remedy if you don't want a hard bed because that bed is a orthopedic bed.

Hair dryer, we only charge P100 for the whole stay, but we will try to make its free. WE will just have to discus with our boss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

The staff was helpful, but in order for our room to be cleaned we had to ask. That was only a problem because there were ants in our room-not an infestation, but enough that we would have liked our room cleaned daily. Other than that, it was great.

• Stayed October 2012
Beijing
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The hotel is a "value" hotel but certainly is not what is portrayed in the photos. Rooms are "clean enough" but not serviced everyday unless requested. The breakfast included (standard in Boracay) is awful. I paid for breakfast at other hotels in the area. Don't let the "off the beach" location fool you. Most rooms at other hotels are not beach front even if the hotel itself is. It is centrally located in Station 2.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Iloilo City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Its not beachfront but it is walkable to all sorts of happening in the beachfront. Its just at the back of the bigger Regency hotel but the amenities are the likes of it. They have a pool and free wifi. The breakfast buffet is awesome. They have a lot of food selections and the banquet is always filled in. Check in and out is a prompt. Rates are of 3 star quality, we had P2,200 per night with bfast for two last October but on their flyers they will increase by 2013 to about P500-800. Its also relaxing unlike the beachfront area where in you can hear people selling their stuffs.

Room Tip: The room with the pool view is much better
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Taguig City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I booked this Hotel way back January (2012) for accommodation between July 25th - 27th, 2012. I am a traveler who look after the "interior design" of a room and by the Hotel's Facilities. First thing that I should check is if there is an outdoor swimming pool. These two criteria was met by Boracay Holiday Hotel. By looking at the pictures on their website, you would really think it's really a nice place to stay with. Well, it is at some point. However, based on "my" experience, this is "Not Worth A Penny", in short, it's overpriced.

We had Suite Room, which can accommodate 4 pax. Due to unexpected circumstances, 2 of my mates backed out of the trip. I immediately informed the Reservation Team about it, set their expectation that we might end up only to 2 pax and so I was expecting in return that they will allow us to "downgrade" our room from Suite to just Standard Room, which is good for 2 pax only. I asked Sherilyn if it's possible to cancel the reservation since only 2 of us will be travelling. However, Sherilyn advised me that they will charge us in FULL (total of 2 nights) if I am going to cancel it. What's written on the Policy on their reservation can be very tricky, so be mindful about it before ensuring the reservation. It says on their website that "Cancellations 7 day(s) before check-in date will be charged the total amount of the reservation"; I was under the impression that they are referring to the 10% deposit that they charged on my credit card. I didn't know they were talking about 2 full nights. It's kinda tricky so I'll take note of such next time. I was also disappointed when I found out that it is a non-beachfront Hotel though it's only 5-10 minutes walk away from the beach.

Reception - Receptionists was nice, friendly and very accommodating. But then again, when I tried to negotiate to downgrade our room from Suite to Standard, they didn't allow us. Which is really disappointing because I never had any problem with this kind of request before, it's really a Manager's discretion and I must say, Manager was really after "money" but not providing a "satisfaction" with their tenants. Moving forward, I made cash payment for the half of the balance then charged the remaining half on my credit card. The resort also offers tour packages, Spa and massage. They gave us a coupon for breakfast. When I asked if it's okay to have a breakfast inside our room, the Receptionist politely said yes we can do that. I was impressed not until she said, we'll just "charge" room service. I was like, are you serious? You're going to charge us for asking a small favor? And I said to myself, "Oh well, it's all about the money".

So here comes the Suite Room - almost all of the room description listed on their website are included except for Internet Connection and Minibar. Receptionist told me that Internet Connection is only available at the Swimming pool area and Restaurant area.Oh well, I didn't bother asking because I brought my own WiFi with me. Minibar they were talking to is just a plain small personal fridge that doesn't have anything inside. It's just a plain "Display" fridge. How could they call it Minibar when it doesn't have anything in it? They don't even have free bottled water unlike with any other Hotels. They don't even have free toothbrush/toothpaste!

When I called a week prior to our arrival, I asked Sherilyn to please give us a nice room because I told her that I was reading reviews on Trip Advisor and there are a lot of negative comment about the interior and the room itself. She assured me that Hotel has been repainted, redesigned interior etc, but, this was just again part of a "Sales talk". When we entered the room, I was looking for that design of a towel on top of the bed, which they have on their website. But again, this was just a picture. Hot/Cold shower not working fine. It will take a few minutes before you'll be able to have the water heater worked. Couldn't flushed the toilet properly, the steel where you hang the towel is also broken, the sheet that covers the small sofa has a stain (not sure what it was, but looks like it's a pee mark) and worst is outlet not intact!! I had to call the Housekeeping Team to plug the extra extension for me.

Swimming pool - I haven't seen anyone using that pool. Even I (who loves swimming pool), never tried it. Probably it's because it seems like it hasn't been properly maintained. You can see rust on their slide. So my sister and I opt to just walk along the beach-side instead of digging into the pool.

Bar - I have noticed that their bar looks sad. I can tell that no one would be interested to sit and drink because it doesn't look good. It looks like it has been forgotten 10 years ago. The entire building looks so boring and quiet. Probably because most of the tenants doesn't want to stay inside their room.

Food - One thing I would be grateful about is the food. Breakfast is served from 7 am til 10 am at the ground floor (Lobby) as Buffet Style. They have lots of food to choose from. Korean, Filipino, American Breakfast, name it and you'll get it - eat all you can! :)

Overall, I would say that this Hotel is poor and needs not just an improvement but MORE improvement when it comes to their facilities, interior design, management, policy and website. This Hotel really not truly a "home away from home", i must say it's a tricky, overpriced and managed by a after-money management without giving a 100% satisfaction with their customers.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a friend or to anyone. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

For the cost I expected perhaps too much. I came during the low season yet still paid around $50 a night.

The good - staff is friendly and polite, the amenities include a gym and wifi.

The bad:
The rooms are quite old. Caulking in the bathrooms required and furniture could be renewed due to mold. The rooms have one simple key lock and there is no room safe. The hotel provides no shampoo, toothbrush, desk clock, or bottled water. The hotel charges 100 pesos a day for a gym lacking free weights, air conditioning, mirrors, and a studio area. The hotel also charges 1000 pesos for unlimited wifi for a week. (I suggest buying a Sim card for 240 pesos that gives unlimited data for 5 days, this also gives a new local phone to use.) Bottled water is 33 pesos for a 500ml bottle.

Overall, I have very little good too say about this hotel. I would not recommend this hotel if you expect the above amenities.

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is a quiet nice hotel in station 2. It's not at the beach front so you can have a quiet evening rest. There are restaurants and shopping area right at the back of the hotel (d'talipapa). We are very pleased with the staff. They were so kind to packed our breakfast on our check out day coz we have to leave early to catch our Kalibo flight. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Boracay Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!