“Beautiful, Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful, Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This resort was beautiful, clean, relaxing, and comfortable. It's about a 2 minute walk away from the beach;away from the hustle and bustle, but close enough so that you can walk to the beach and the surrounding shops. The exterior of the resort is lush with fruit trees and beautiful flowers. I'm not high maintenance when I travel. I normally just settle for a clean place to eat and sleep between excursions. However, the beauty of this resort was not lost on me.

My family and I stayed here January 2011, and have nothing but positive experiences from Boracay tropics. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and accomodating. The rooms are kept cool, clean and fresh. Our package included an all-inclusive meal plan which includes a breakfast buffet in the morning, and a-la-carte meals for lunch and dinner. Even though there are so many nearby eateries, I recommend going to the restaurant for dinner at least once or twice. Delicious. Fresh seafood, fresh fruit, my favourite was the sinigang (shrimp in tamarind soup) and the mango cucumber slush that they serve.

As noted, the hotel is about a 3 minute walk from the beach. While many people prefer beachfront hotels, I actually prefered the walk. Again, it's close enough so that if you're in the mood for beach, or for party, it's convenient to get there. However, since we were traveling with older people as well, they got peace and quiet at night when they needed it.

Although we didn't get to do many excursions, we ended up going to Crystal Cove (which I believe we booked through the hotel). We really loved this. It's an excursion that includes a little bit of up-hill hiking, fresh coconut water, cave spellunking, and snorkeling. Things like banana boat, ziplining, and RVing can also be booked there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Baguio City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel offers value for your money for the group package rate that we got. Their rooms are very clean, comfortable, quiet and convenient and has a fresh smell to it. The location, though not a beach front property, is just 2 to 3 minutes walk away from the beach. The staff are very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed March 2013
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

LOCATION AND DISTANCE from Caticlan Jetty Port: About 15 mins by car/van. Located at Station 2 where D'Mall is. The hotel is not beach front but just a 10min walk and you're right on the beach. Better if you ask me, you get peace and quiet when you need it at night.

TRANSFERS (pick-up/drop off): We took the Kalibo flight so this will be for those taking the route via Kalibo. Our flight was delayed by almost two hours. By the time we came out of the gates, our pick-up service was nowhere to be found. Right there at the airport, however, there were several tour operators offering transfers to Boracay Island. The rate they offered was half of what I was quoted by the resort. We waited some more but were advised to make up our minds as the bus was leaving immediately for Caticlan Jetty Port. We took it. It was P300 per pax, one-way from Kalibo International Airport (about 1hr land travel) to Caticlan Jetty Port, 15min boat ride to Boracay Island and a van service dropping you off right at the hotel. Not to discourage travelers from booking the transfers directly from the hotel but this site is here to provide (inexpensive) options to travelers without sacrificing quality level.

ACCOMMODATIONS: The hotel has Dorm, Family, Deluxe, Superior, Junior Cabana and Premier Suites. Check out the website for details. We booked the Superior room for 5 nites. This has a King bed, mini bar, cable-ready TV. All rooms have a small verandah with 2 chairs. The villas are bigger of course with a hammock.

Hotel served full (buffet) breakfast from 6am-10am. Good variety from soup, salads, pasta, breads, congee, meat, vegetable, fish dishes, brewed coffee, juices, fresh fruits, desserts.

FOOD QUALITY: 10 being excellent. I give it an 8. Choices are good which served both local and foreign guests.

SERVICE: Front office staff Creamlyn was warm, friendly and knows her job. From the cafe, Jacob delivered good service (maybe a tad too attentive but rather this than being ignored). Russell made me omelets almost everyday! My foreign husband enjoys Tocino (pork tender slices marinated in spices, sugar. This is fried and tastes like sweet ham), however, we saw this only on the buffet table on the first day. On our last morning, I ordered this separately which the kitchen gladly obliged. I guess you can request for anything here for a minimal fee. I didn't check though if they could cook fresh seafoods bought from the local market, D'Talipapa, which is a 10-min walk from the hotel as I woud rather have them eaten here than at the market.

CLEANLINESS: Well-maintained including the garden and pool. This is a smoke-free hotel. I will need to mention though that during our stay, there were guests smoking on the hallways. The smoke easily enters the room. Management will need to impose rules on where guests are allowed to smoke.

Overall stay was good. What's nice about Boracay is that you can actually go there with just your travel clothes on. Everything is available there (bikinis are even 50% cheaper than in Manila). I've been to Boracay several times throughout the years (back when there was a floating bar). The last time I stayed at Boracay Regency but I will say this is the best so far.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Boracay most memorable when you are in a group,ofcourse it can be for couple but its more exciting when you are with your friends or family. My friends stayed in this hotel this 2013 holyweek. We are six and tried their newly built DORM room. We requested their new room saw in their FB account, they informed us that they cant guaranty our request but they noted our request. Upon arrival in Aklan port their staff greeted us and carry all our bags and they do everything, we only wrote our name in the list and we are all set. Their van also fetch us going to their hotel. We check in with welcome drinks and as we enter "Im so inlove with their pool". Staff still carry our stuffs, to our suprise they guaranteed our request. Its so awesome we are six in one room very spacious lots lots of drawers where you can put your things during your stay, bathroom so bigtime nice, mini ref and small veranda :)

Breky which is included in hotel accomodation was great mouth watering, eating near their pool is so relaxing. Water in their pool is warm, dip after the busy activties in island to pumper our tired muscles :)

Just 3-5minutes walk going to white sand. so quiet away from party people. so if you want to relax I bet you try tropics!

Till next vaction Tropics!

• Stayed March 2013
Daejeon, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We went to Boracay over Christmas. We stayed for 10 days and they automatically upgraded us to the bungalow. It was perfect for our family of 4. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I didn't mind the 5 minute walk to the beach (It is not for everyone). Breakfast was ok, but the fresh, tropical fruit made it well above average. The staff was very friendly to our children. My only mild complaint is that the there was no one on staff who seemed willing to answer questions for tourists. I know the front desk is busy, and there isn't a concierge, but it was my first time in Boracay and I wanted to get a little help. We just ended up finding our own way, but if you are not an experienced traveler I don't think this is a good place for you.

Room Tip: Get the bungalow!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Marikina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My friends and I checked in to this hotel for 2 nights and I cannot help but give positive feedback to this hotel.

First, the check-in is a breeze. We arrived earlier than their standard check-in time but we were accommodated immediately. we just need to wait for a short period of time while waiting for the rooms to be prepared.

There was this woman in the reception area named Belinda and she is very very very courteous and friendly. Whenever she sees us in the pool, or in the dining area, she never fails to give a smile.

In addition to their very friend staff, I also love their facilities specially their pool which is open until late hours. You can also drink your beer and eat the peanuts near the pool.

The rooms are very spacious and has good nice view of their lawn/pool area.

Overall, this is a very very very good place to stay I really want to commend their staff for giving a feeling that you are well taken care of.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently got married in Boracay, and the resort of our wedding was too expensive for most guests. So based on TripAdvisor reviews, we selected this hotel for a group booking of most of our guests (approximately 20 people). Coordinating with the main Manila booking office over email was pretty smooth. We were able to get room reservations setup and paid for individually by the guests. However, once we got to the hotel, the front desk is extremely chaotic and disorganized. I had instructed the Manila office multiple times that the airport transfers are to be paid for by the individual guests, and they had confirmed and noted this each time. However, at the end of the trip after several guests have departed already, the front desk realized they didn't charge the individual guests, so they ended up tacking it onto my bill. It was a very upsetting end to a great happy occasion in Boracay.

On other areas, the service of the hotel is spotty. It depends on who you get. When we arrived to check in, the hotel staff just stared at us and 5 mins later asked us to have a seat while they process the check in. Then, we were provided welcome drinks. One particular restaurant staff member (Jeffer) was the most attentive. He came to clear out plates frequently and ask if we wanted coffee. Also, the breakfast buffet was pretty good and had a large selection of items.

Location wise, it's not the best. It's about 7 mins walk to the beach and 15 mins to D'Mall.
The rooms were ok. They were clean, but we did notice bugs.

Overall, we would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Boracay Tropics Resort? Share your experiences!