“Great spot for great value - simple, clean and super nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Isla Gecko Resort
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Station 2, Balabag | Malay, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #40 of 107 Specialty lodging in Boracay
Kodiak Island, Alaska
“Great spot for great value - simple, clean and super nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

Best place to stay for cheap!!! Close to the party scene and amazing beach. Isla Gecko is not a five star resort in fact it isn't even a three star resort however it is the best place to stay in Boracay if you want to meet great people, be in the best location near the beach and all the hot spots and have wonderful hosts that will go out their way to make sure your every want and need is taken care of! I cannot wait to go back and would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good party on a tight budget!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

My friends and I got 2 rooms and stayed for 4 nights. Richel offered us a very good deal for their off season rates. The rooms were clean and the staff giving you a fresh towel everyday. What I like about this place because of their high speed WiFi so every time I got time to relax specially when its raining I just open my mini laptop and so I can start talking with my family and friends back home.

All the staff are very knowledgeable, friendly and know all the best deals for trips and island tour. Just ask them specially Richel and Jun, the manager. This is a real gem! I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends at work.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a week holiday in the Philippines, 2nd week of August. It's a good budget price, clean, friendly, quiet, close to the beach and restaurants. I will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

My friends and I stayed here for 3days 2 nights. This was their first time to experienced the beauty of boracay but this was my second time to visit bora. We booked here in Isla gecko because their hotel rates were quite affordable compare to other hotels. But perhaps their rates are cheap, that's why you can't expect them to have a complete facilities that other hotels have.
Well, the rooms are clean and aircon works fine, tv works fine also. But you can hear the noise of other visitors in other room (just beside our room)., and because it is located in a residential area, you can really hear the noise of their neighbors.
The water in the shower was not that high pressure, so we had no choice but to just used the dipper instead of using their shower. They provided us 1 towel (usable for 3days 2nights of your stay). The towels, bedsheet and blanket looks old, though its clean.
They will served free breakfast, typical and very simple Filipino breakfast. If you have scheduled to have banana boat or island hopping in the morning, you should tell them early in the morning that you will have your breakfast so that they will prepare it in advanced, inorder for you to meet the scheduled time of your activities in that day. Because i think they only have one staff cooking inside their kitchen because they served the food very slow.
But I can say that it was okay..., because at least we've enjoyed the beauty of boracay. Well having this very affordable rates of Isla Gecko, what can you expect with this kind of hotel?

Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Manila Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

This place is an average resort, nothing to look forward to and I certainly do not recommend this place. But if you are on a budget and just want to experienced the beach and white sand of boracay, I think this place will match for your needs. But don't expect too much from this resort/hotel. Well first all, some of the staffs were nice, the girl owner was accomodating.
This place is okay, but not so great. Isla Gecko is located in a quite residential area, about 3 minutes away from the white beach contrary to what they claimed that it's only a 1-minute walk off to the beach. Literally, you have to passed by the residential areas before you reach the beach. So if you're already wet and had your swimsuit on after enjoying the beach you still have to pass by in that narrow street going to isla gecko.
And as we entered their place, there's a guard, who happened to be their front desk staff also (bec. when we checked-in, he was the only person there and escorted us in our rooms) did not allowed us to to enter the premises not unless we washed our slippers. Well, I have nothing against with that perhaps because they just want to maintain the cleanliness of their place. But on the second thought, it's their responsibility to clean whatever dirts left by their clients/visitors because I think it's part of their job. Of course all of us were expected to have our slippers full of sand, because as I've said isla gecko is a 3 -minute walk from the beach.
We stayed there for 3days 2 nights, as much as we wanted to transfer in another resort/ hotel but we could'nt because we already paid them in full amount.
The package has free breakfast. The choices are tocino+egg+plain rice OR corned beef+ egg+ rice OR longganisa,egg and rice. So you need to choose in that three options and they will served to you hot but in a very small servings. But you can still order for an additional menu if you want, but you have to pay for it. Another thing which I don't like was the coffee or the hot choco was not included in their free breakfast , you need to buy it if you want. But in fairness to them, they will served a glass of water if you requested for it.
We occupied two rooms. The rooms were clean, the aircon was good, but they don't change the linens, bedsheets and the towels. What they provided during the 1st day will be used for 3 days of your stay there. They provided a very small soap in the comfort room, on the first day only and they will not replaced it anymore. It's good that we had brought our own soaps, shampoo and towels. They don't have blow dryer.

When the shower was in used by the other room (which was occupied by my sister and her family), The water pressure on the shower was not as strong as we would like to have it. I think there was a problem in their water supply at that time. We experienced brownout also in the middle of the night. Good thing that the kids did not noticed it perhaps because they were so tired of whole day swimming and island hopping.
Well overall, I can say that our family will not going back and stay here again...And definitely not recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Ko Samui, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

Stayed here alone for 1 month. Lovely place to stay, rooms were clean, well equipped and good value. Really convenient location for the beach and shopping areas. Most notably was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and owner.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

this maybe late but this resort is worthy of commendation. i booked with them last march 2009 on my birthday. i just deposit my payment in their bank account and it's hassle free. i really got a good deal in reserving them. though is basically standard but the place is conveniently located near the mall and beach front and the staff are gracious in accomodating us. one of my friend left his jacket and the owner had it shipped the next day here in manila. highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Isla Gecko Resort? Share your experiences!