“Vacation October 2011” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #76 of 139 Hotels in Boracay
Texas
“Vacation October 2011”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Mango ray is a beach front resort. Very affordable price for those who are looking for beachfront good location and cleanliness. Very near lots of restaurant. My husband and I stayed at Mango Ray in October for 3 nights. our accommodation booking included breakfast already. At the time, we got the rate for 68 US Dollars per night which was a steal. The room we rented had cable, AC, towels, beach towels, soap, shampoo and shower. It was surprisingly spacious with unique design. Staff is very accommodating. It does not have a swimming pool but you don't need one because the beach water has very tranquil waves it feels like you are in a swimming pool. The only thing I would have to advice others is that restaurant at mango ray is high priced. The breakfast is good but the food for lunch and dinner is okay. You will find food elsewhere and pay for a lower price. Also plan your transportation to and from the airport early....make sure you get this taken care of right away because a lot of people tend to arrive and leave boracay at the same time so to avoid delays and missing your flight make sure to prepare ahead of time. There are also plenty of places where you can exchange your $$$ to philippine pesos just make sure that your $$$ bills don't have a tear or any writings on them otherwise, they will not accept it.

For water activities I went with DIAMOND WATERSPORTS....they mainly dominate the area but they are pretty safe and the staff is friendly and more than willing to take your memorable pictures.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Have choosen to stay here as it is so close to DMall compared to the previous stay. Location is frontal to de beach with easy access to station 1 & 2. Have been given waling2 room at first on ground floor with a king bed & rollaway bed on first day as they have no twin bed on our arrival. Switched rooms on second day to lubi lubi and de room is far much nicer but no doors for de toilet. We laughed at that!

Notes to the GM: You have an exceptional staff name Kate! She is a valuable asset to Mango Ray! I was not that fit to travel for this trip to the Philiphines. I just went thru surgery and having to take daily medicines to ease my sickness. With ongoing fever and coldness. Infected my good buddy also in a way. I totally forgot to bring my medicine on this trip and was rather clueless of where to get just a cold flu tablet at least. I approached Kate to ask directions for pharmacy and she gave me free flu tablets on de spot without any charges though i insist. She is de most caring staff i ever encounter on this Philiphine trip. Cebu manila staffs cant beat her warm hearted service from the heart! She even care to call my arranged ATV ride and postpone it next day cause i was sick that day. Kate and another girl colleague was very helpful till our last day at Boracay. Arrangements for transfer to the airport was also easily arranged. If you're reading this Kate! You are simply de best! Kudos to you! Keep it up! You're de only reason we enjoyed staying at Mango Ray. We're managers from 5 star properties known around de world! This is not just a compliment, but we wish we have more staffs like you here!

To all travellers, we recommend you to stay at Mango Ray for convienience to shop eat wine dine and much more! Love to take a swim at de lovely beach? They have umbrella chairs only for guests ready for you! Want to catch a glimpse of de sunset? Dine in just by de beach at Mango ray. Wi fi is available also.

• Stayed November 2011
Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed for 4 days and 3 nights. The hotel's service picked up us from the port and we were immediately led to the hotel. The women in the front desk were very nice and accommodating. We stayed in the waling-waling room and everything that we needed was there. The room was spacious and it was decorated very simply- all in all it looked really nice. The location of the hotel is absolutely perfect. the beach is literally just a stone's throw away and right beside it is a 24-hour convenience store. The d'mall was just a minute's walk away and there was a great selection of restaurants and buffet dinners near the hotel. Mango ray's own restaurant offers its own eat-all-you-can-mongolian-buffet, which is also reasonably priced. Their breakfast meals are okay, quite average in taste and in selection but it will last you through an entire morning of water activities and island hopping.

What the place could improve on is the restaurant staff's friendliness. they were not very accommodating and they seemed irritated whenever i asked for a refill of water. we had breakfast there a couple of times and on both occasions, my boyfriend and i shared the same opinion about the staff's friendliness.

another problem we encountered was the room's airconditioning. During our first night, the room was too warm for our taste and no matter what adjustments we made, the room never got cool enough, and this might be because of the broken remote we were left with. Take note that we have exactly the same airconditioning unit and remote at home to I am well-aware of how to operate the system. It was a bit of a hassle since we couldn't really call anyone for assistance, provided that the resort is a lot smaller than others and that there is also a fixed schedule for the staff. So there may be certain hours of the night where some of them could be difficult to reach. when we informed the front desk about it the next day, they changed the remote immediately.

either way, the room was well-kept and the staff made sure that the rooms and bathrooms were made up and cleaned every day. aside from this, the hotel's security is great during the day and most especially at night.

overall, it was a very pleasant and we will definitely be back again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed there last Nov 11 to 13 (2011) for our 9th year anniversary celebration. I expected some lapses in my accomodation since the rate was so cheap. But to my surprise, everything was excellent! The location is very near Dmall, cheap resto is just a few steps away, the beachfront of the resort is well maintained in which you can sit and simply relax, very friendly staff, they have nice and clean rooms and good food too! I can't stop recommending the resort with my family and friends. Will definitely go back here!

Room Tip: have stayed in lapu lapu room and was able to see some of their rooms too. seems all rooms are equal...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

My boyfriend and me are big travellers. Having said that, he's a pilot and I'm a flight attendant so between us we have about 30 years of hotels and travelling experiences. We were pretty amazed by how ideally the resort is located. Although the most happening of nightlife was located just a few steps away, there was still peace and quiet and an almost angelic serenity back at the resort. Mango Ray is located in the heart of station 2, the best place in station 2 might I add.
Our room was named Ipil-Ipil, we had a great deal of privacy and every detail was very well looked after. The room was spacious, very clean and well kept. The beach was a few steps away and the hotel provided us with sun umbrellas, lounge chairs, towels, drinks etc.
We will be taking our friends back with us and will recommend this resort to anyone who is going to Boracay. It is great value for your money. It is safe, well organised and gives you the opportunity to enjoy this lovely island. It is better to book online as I could see that this resort was very popular and always had guests. Good luck with your trip and dont forget to try out the "mango ray baby" cocktail ;)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in august 2011 for three weeks and found it beautiful!!! It was our home away from home on faraway Boracay with really, warm and calm atmosphere ( even too calm, at 11p.m. all activities within are stopped and the hotel falls asleep). Special thanks to Mr. Morris, the owner! He participates in every little step of his "kid", controlling and observing everything with his strict eye! That is why the service, all surroundings, hostess, food, etc. are on the top level! When you get inside Mango Ray you forget that you live in the thick of things (the very heart of station 2, beside D-mall) The natural forestry, furniture made of wood, white colored cabanas, even the small pond with gold fish involve you into nirvana state! The decor of the rooms under the different names of flowers and birds is also very unique. They are very spacious with comfy verandas each. Room service is so quick that you can hardly notice the process, when you come back from your breakfast (which could have been more various, by the way) the room is ready, new towels and linen-it goes without saying!!! To the conclusion, we say hello to Mr. Morris (I hope he will read this), and thank you very much for the red caviar you gifted us))))), that was a real pleasure! We will come back, be sure!!!

Room Tip: Choose upper floor!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Marchtrenk, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I had stayed for 6 nights in this family atmosphere hotel and have to say that I was very positively surprised.

Firstly I got a very good deal when booking the hote online. Funny enough, it would have way more expensive when booking direct. I asked at the reception before I move there and it would have cost about $ 20 per night more then I have paid online.

The hotel consist of only a few rooms, I guess they have about 10 rooms, only. Saying so the rooms are very nice appointed with an semi open bathroom/toilet towards the bed/living room area. Due to this set up the rooms look very specious. Also the high ceiling contributes to this impression. Furniture are made out of natural colored wood with a wood flooring. rooms has about 40-45 sqm, I would say. Unfortunately no sea view available, but as it is set back from the beach promenade, but still right in the middle of the happening place. MInibar is an empty fridge, so bring your own, which you can only buy in the hotel..... :-( Would have been great if there would be at least a comp. bottle of mineral water per day.

They have good food, however relatively price in comparison to other place around. If you are looking for Swiss specialties like "Roesti" you are at the right address. Owner/Management is Swiss.

Service, like most place I had visited is not really delivering what the hardware of the hotel is promising. Detached employees that do not really care too much whether you are there or not and once see you will be served with a semi neglecting attention that makes you not really stay there for too long. I guess this is also the reason that the hotel bar, despite the fact that the hotel is in the middle of the happening places and has a great beach area in front, is hardly every busy.

Overall, still good value for money, at least during the shoulder season and I would go back there because of the rooms.

Housekeeping needs a bit more attention to details as the lady who came to my room did really only the necessary during the 6 days I had stayed with them. I hope that a deep cleaning is due after every check out?

Don't hesitate to stay there if you look for a good location, good accommodation and do not bother too much about attentive service, which you will certainly not get there.

Hope there review helped and keep in mind, I would suggest the place and yes, would go back there, too.

Room Tip: great TV, large screen and attention to details regarding the facilities.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo