“A place away from the crowd” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Orchids Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boracay
Orchids Resort
Station 3, Angol, 1268, Philippines   |
Ranked #31 of 131 hotels in Boracay
Quezon City, Philippines
“A place away from the crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was picked up from the airport and taken to the resort by a meeting service, however, since the resort is not accessible by a motor vehicle, my guide and I had to walk a narrow trail from the main road to the resort. The resort was exactly as described in the site I booked with... native style with a beautiful garden. I was placed in room #1 which was right beside the bar/lobby facing the family/breakfast area. At the back of the room is the alley from the main road to the beach, which area tended to be noisy because of the passers-by. But on the whole, the resort is quiet and cozy as it is far from the noise of bars and crowd of Station 2.

The air-conditioned room was fine, with one doubled bed and one single bed, a "locker" made of bamboo, a small TV, a hot and cold shower/toilet which is right beside the resort's kitchen. There was a strange smell which seemed like that of fungi inside the room from time to time.

Breakfast was good and there was coffee any time of the day. The staff as well as the owner were helpful, accommodating and nice.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms might be better than those on the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Caloocan, Caloocan, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is the third time that I have stayed here and the rooms are absolutely cozy. It's made of nipa hut-like materials making it really a traditional Filipino vacation.
For those who are budget conscious and love long-walks, this is the best place to stay. It's not noisy compared to other hotels, inns located at Stations 1 and 2.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

There are a lot of positive reviews about this resort. With all those reviews, I really wished to stay at their villas. Since we arrived late in the evening, we were placed at room #1, not the villas. I asked their staff, Nono if there is one available for us. He was very impolite. He did not answer the question, instead discouraged us by telling us that the villas are located at the back. I think he don't want guests.
Our stay at room 1 was the worst. The room smells and the mattress is smaller than the bed.
It rained when we went back to the resort after dinner. Gosh, the path walk is flooded!
The native inspired rooms are risky in case of fire because the path walk going there is very narrow.
This is not a beach front resort. But after you get out of the narrow and winding 150-meter path walk you'd be at the beach anyway. Of course, this resort is located at station 3 so don't expect the best, fine white beach as it is located at station 1.
With all these, we transferred on another beach front resort, closer to station 2 and paid exactly the same rate as the rate charged by this resort's room 1.
On the positive side, the morning staff gave us shell necklace, perhaps to compensate my complaint about Nono's behavior.

Room Tip: You can read/consider my review on the resort we have transferred.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PencilsPoints, Owner at Orchids Resort, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Of course we want our guests to enjoy their vacation with us. We only have 4 private villas which normally stay fully booked and were all FULLY booked at the time these guests arrived.
Nono has been employed with us for over 10 yrs and his quiet natured personality was unfortunately taken the wrong way by these guests.

We have abided by all fire regulations and have more than the prescribed number of fire extinguishers located thru out the resort.

We emphasize on all emails and calls that we are NOT a beachfront resort.

We had just added new mattresses to this room and regret any adverse smell that may have come from a new mattress, fresh varnishin the room a few days prior to this visit or from freshly laid wax on the floors also a few days prior to their stay.

Had we heard from these guests in advance im sure they would have realized that all private villa were not available.

And yes, the walk way from the beachfront which we share with Roys Rondevous and Dave,s Straw Hat Inn does accumulate water in flash rains during the rainy season and unfortunately caused by resorts located behind us sealing up previously natural drainage areas.

Once again, regret this guest was not happy and we encourage our potential guests to contact us in advance so there is no misunderstanding over the availability of rooms.

Mr turner / owner
Rockhampton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We travelled as a group of 7 (Australians and Filipinos) and Orchids was a great value option for a Family Villa that could fit 10 people for only 2700 pesos per night. Beautiful natural surroundings with lots of orchids in the garden and wonderful native timber buildings. The villa was large and comfortable with air conditioning on top and bottom floors and private verandah. Owner and staff were friendly and attentive - even when we had to check out before 5am to meet our flight. Breakfasts were very reasonable and although other meals were not supplied, kitchen staff were happy to cook rice which we could eat with food bought outside. Resort staff collected us from the airport and guided us to the resort. Also provided advice on meals and tours - to avoid being ripped off by the many touts on the beach. This resort provides a unique experience not possible in a 5 star westernised resort. No pool but who needs it when the beach is just a short walk away. (and away from noisy restaurants and bars too!) Paul & Elsa (Australia) plus Cebu family.

Room Tip: Family villa great value for larger groups
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Taguig City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I think this is one of the cheapest accommodation you'll find in Boracay. It cost us (for 4 people) P2, 460 for a stay of 3 days and 2 nights so that's like 615 each person for those whole days. Located in Station 3 and far from the hustle and bustle of Stations 1 and 2. The down side is the sand is not as good as what you'll see in Station 1 and also not as clean. The Resort itself is 5minutes away from the beach front which I regretted.
The bed covers (I think) are not changed as per every guests because when I used my bed, I felt the grainy sand on it and same with the other bed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
PencilsPoints, Owner at Orchids Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Our low season rates are 545 php for a fan room.

we are a short 2 minute walk to the beachfront as has been discussed by several previous guests.

since we opened in october 1996, every guest is welcomed with clean, freshly washed sheets and towels.

james turner/owner
B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I love coming to boracay & most of all I love staying at orchids resort. The last 2 times coming here,[most recent sept. 2012 ], we have stayed at the villas.WOW! What a place!Queit, secluded,very clean & beautiful rooms.But what keeps me coming back is the care of the staff.This is what is important to me is the care we get & the real reason I love this place.Special mention to Marlon {caretaker of the villas} & Herman .Marlon is easy to reach for any problems, even if there is an emergency late at night.For the price of staying at the villa. You won,t find a better deal in my opinion.
I have also stayed at orchids resort {seperated from the villas}.Wonderful staff there too.Also where the office is to check into the villas.

Thank you so much orchids resorts.

Glen, Analie & Daryle Canada

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

So I always hear Boracay's prices are slighty on the high side. Orchids Resort are one of the few resorts to offer rooms for a very low price. I paid PHP400++ per night for a low season price. It was good for 2-3 persons and came with a fan and a private bathroom. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was minimal. Rooms were not hot at all as it was made of a native wood and can be really cold in the morning. Breakfast was free. Wifi worked well at the common area but can be a bit choppy in the room but not an issue at all. The owner, an American is a very nice person. The staff were a friendly bunch too except for some but it wasn't a big issue. The beach was just 2 minutes away from the property. They arranged for me my transport back to Kalibo Airport which was a good price of PHP450. The sea water was very clear which made the entire stay a huge plus. Will come back again for sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Orchids Resort? Share your experiences!