“Warning: no shower water at peak hours?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Orchids Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boracay
Orchids Resort
You added Orchids Resort to your Saves list
Station 3, Angol, Aklan Province 1268, Philippines   |
Ranked #36 of 137 Hotels in Boracay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
los angeles
“Warning: no shower water at peak hours?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

Fair warning: No shower water during peak hours. Meaning, in the mornings and evenings when you most likely want to get a shower.

It's not even cheap. For another P200 you could get a way more decent room with running water right on the beach.

This "hotel" is not right on the beach, it's in some interior part of the island past many other tiny places. You have to walk over some real tiny squiggly, single file alley.

Clean? If you consider your room with cobweb decor, then it is.

Consider yourself warned.

• Disliked — no running water
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2007

This is long overdue, lol. My husband and I stayed at the Orchids in May 2007. I booked it directly with the hotel owner/manager, Lyn - very nice in email but not very accommodating in person. Probably because he has staff to look after the guests anyway. Besides, he was very helpful with giving us direction, so, can't complain.

Someone met us at the highway and carried our bag to the resort which is about a 10-minute walk from the highway. We booked the non-aircon cottage, good for its price but not really a good idea because it gets too hot at mid-day even with the electric fan. Very minimal difference in room rate, better go for the aircon rooms. The only reason we chose the non-aircon room is because of its structure. It was a cottage (hut), not the typical aircon dormitory type structure and yes, it's really affordable. I especially like the hammock in the porch, stayed here most of the time to relax and read a book - no need for an electric fan here. I also like the staff, very helpful. Coffee was free-flowing and breakfast was really cheap. The staff also helped us arranged our island tour, with no extra charges.

Given the chance, we would still like to go back to the Orchids.

Recommendation: Since there is no telephone/intercom, maybe the resort can install a buzzer that's connected to the front office in the event that a guest figures in an emergency and can't walk to the front desk to ask for help.

• Liked — Free flowing coffee, friendly staff, away from the crowd
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2007

My husband and I just wrapped up our 18 day-stay at Orchids Resort, Boracay. As usual, our stay spelled FUN and HOME! Thanks a bunch to the Orchids’ family for welcoming us (for the 4th time) with open arms again!!!

We’re so delighted that Orchids is still intact with its “one-of-a-kind” native-inspired rooms and nipa cottages (with hammocks, our fave!) inspite of the modernization trend in Boracay. The mini-fishponds and the bird corner are great addition into the well-kept garden with orchids right at the heart of the resort. It is an awesome view waking up every morning.

The staff is serious in working but always ready to say hi and share laughs with us. Their smiles are priceless. No wonder, we’re hooked on Orchids. It’s a true island experience…at a very affordable price.

Stayed September 2007
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2007

Wow...amazing service and staff for affordable price. Absulotely I will back and I highly recommend this vacinity. I travel alone and never get scared it was a safe place. I get up at 4:30Am and walk alone at the sea shore which is a min from the hotel. Very nice for affordable price.

Stayed September 2007
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

We arrived a couple of hours before our check-in time, fortunately for us it's lean season that's why the resort acknowledged us already and led us to our beautiful native-style room. Twas a great experience for a city girl like me, small resort with few rooms and cottage rooms, it's felt like you're really out of the city, i was really breaking free!! no fuzz, no noise, no pollution and friendly people, we could ask anything about the island and they would never hesitate to inform us. cheap roomrates, just a few walks to the beach, we never had a problem walking from our station (3) all the way to station 1, it's such a nice walk anyway, in the city i never walked that much but this, i really burned my fats and calories which is soooo coooolllll.

• Liked — price and native style cottage rooms and quiet and peaceful atmosphere
  • Disliked — the walk from the resort all the way to station3, far from night life
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
TGuam USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

We've just returned from a wonderful 6-day stay at Orchids Resort in Boracay and must say that the combination of cozy rooms, a warm and helpful staff and its extremely affordable prices make this resort my new favorite on the island.

This was my third trip to Boracay (I love the island!) and had the most fun this time around. Orchids took care of my transfers to and from the airport and provided me with a great room and excellent recommendations on where to enjoy the various cuisines the island has to offer. They also provided me with free coffee even late at night when i had my cravings.

I can't recommend this resort enough to anybody wanting to maximize their budget. You'll be able to save a lot by staying at this cozy resort.

• Liked — affordable accommodations and friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

I just got back from a stay at the Orchids and can't recommend it more. First of all, the price is great. It has to be one of the best deals on rooms. All the staff are very friendly and very helpful..even when you need a bottle of water at 3 am...... The rooms are definitely comfortable and clean. My favourite part was sitting out on the balconies and reading while having coffee ...which is free all day. It may not be beach front, but it only takes a minute to walk up the path to the beach (ok...ten minutes if you are heading to boat station 2 where alot of the action is)...But the beach close to the Orchids is beautiful and had some great restaurants near it (Blue Mango for example).
I wouldn't hestitate to stay here again....

• Liked — The staff and the traditional materials
  • Disliked — the walk back from Boat station 1
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Orchids Resort? Share your experiences!