“I miss you Boracay I miss you the Orchids” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orchids Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boracay
Orchids Resort
You added Orchids Resort to your Saves list
Station 3, Angol, Aklan Province 1268, Philippines   |
Ranked #33 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
Seoul, South Korea
“I miss you Boracay I miss you the Orchids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

you've been a biggest part of our memories of Boracay, even after few weeks I still see you when I close my eyes. you made me feel home(even better!). all the staffs were sooo nice, (wish I could remember all of your names), location was perfect, all I'm thinking is only going back...If you are considering to choose this place, especially if you are a young backpacker loves making friends and be relaxed, I guarantee this place must be it. hopefully I will come back and see you all again.

love love love you Boracay and Orchids
Room09 Brad&Shinae

Room Tip: standard fan room
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

It was our first time in Boracay last March 23 and we stayed in one of the native cottages of Orchids resort. The reviews were right. I couldn't help but notice how accommodating the staff were and everybody else was courteous and friendly. Our cottage doesn't have its own kitchen and they even offered us to cook our own food at their kitchen for a very minimal fee. But what I liked most about this resort is that it's quiet at night and yet it's only a 2-minute walk to the beach. I will surely recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Boracay, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We rented two villas for our family of five people. We had a great time and was taken really good care of by Marlon, the Orchids most dedicated worker.
The villas have only one bedroom with one double and one single bed in the room. The room is big. The bathroom was ok, I could prefered a shelf for some of my items.
The villas are placed up on a hill, its a bit walk from the beach. We recommend that you have with you a headlight when you go out in the evening, because there is no light along the path from the villas and to the reception at the orchids.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Nuremberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I have been coming to the Orchids Resort each year since 2008, and i shall be back again this coming september. I love that place for many reasons. Not just because the rates are low, but also for many other reasons: the staff are very good:smiling, friendly, always pleased to help if needed. The management cares for you too at the Orchids Resort: I was taken by surprise from an e-mail announcing that someone would pick me up at the airport though i had mentioned that it was not necessary because i know the area meanwhile.. And indeed, Jerry was waiting and took care of me and my luggage with a wide smile. By the way, this is a free seervice(!) , like coffee all day at the Orchids Resort, even served in your room if you wish.
Obviously, if you are used to staying in 4 or 5 star hotels, this is not the right address. But honestly, I have all i need there: a pleasant room to stay (all made of local materials), a friendly and effective staff, and of course the white sand beach only 2 minutes away by foot. And all that at an unrivalled price. Thank you guys! :-)))

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Resort (atmosphere, rooms, service)
The Orchids Resort is like an idyllic oasis in small but busy Boracay. The main center of Orchids is very green and (of course ;)) full of beautiful orchids. At the main part of the resort they have basic rooms, few cottages and a common area where you can surf on the internet, eat and drink. I think, apart from that they have some family suites (bigger cottages) nearby. The breakfast was not only really worth the money (cheaper then anywhere else) it was also super delicious. We had a fan room upstairs which totally suited our needs. It is basic, has power supply all day long, includes own bathroom with hot water, was cleaned every second day and is comparatively reasonable.
The BEST (besides the idyllic atmosphere of the resort) was the SERVICE of the staff.
The chef himself as well as the rest of the staff are ready to help you anytime, with any single question you have. You want to rent a bike? They directly call somebody and arrange that. You need to extend your visa. One of the staff is accompanying you and showing you where to go and what to do (without asking immediately for a tip - which is normally somewhere else the case!). Oh, have I already mentioned the free airport - pick up service? Overall, there are all just really really nice!...and funny, too :)!

And, of course, very important for backpackers: reasonable wireless lan and laundry service!!!
Even though, in my opinion, the wifi-charge of 50 pesos a day could be dropped :).
Would make it perfect ;).

Location
The Orchids Resort is located at boat station 3, only 2 minutes of walk from the beach.
In my opinion, as a backpacker and thus budget traveller, the area around boat station 3 is the best - chilled, relaxed and just laid-back. At boat station 1 you have high-end resorts and well-off people. At boat station 2 you have a beach strip packed with restaurants, little shops and a starbucks(!!!): hello mass tourism! But at boat station 3, it is less crowded and just "chillaxed" :). A few beach bars and little, cosy restaurants. Also the beach itself is less crowded. For us, the perfect atmosphere to enjoy the sun...and a couple of shakes..and drinks ;). Especially: DON'T MISS THE SUNSET! Beautiful! As you figured, we think, boat station 3 was the best of Boracay's WHITE BEACH and, thus, the Orchids Resort's location is perfect. Only 2 minutes to walk. On your way to or back from the beach, you pass by a few little vendor stands selling water, beer, sweets, etc. and a massage center - very convenient ;).

Overall, we had a wonderful stay in Boracay thanks to Orchids Resort and its team!
See you next time ;)!

Brian & Michelle

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

We arrived one day too early by misstake, they were full. They did everything they could to find us a room closeby for that night. We really appreciated it.

The location was good, the end of station 3. Hot and cold water, the power of the water very poor but that applies to most budget hostels in phiippinnes. We changed our room once without any problems. The staff make you feel welcome and try to meet guests desires.

If you are travelling on a budget and dont have very high expectations, Orchids resort would be a good choice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Liptovsky Mikulas, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

Hello to everybody! My name is Robert and I’m a traveller. I’ve visited more than 50 countries within last 5years and hundreds interesting places on the earth. Boracay Island is one of my favourite destination which I have visited 3times within last three years.

Every time I stayed at Orchids, I stayed there for its strategic location which is very close to the famous White Beach, where you can get easily by walking in a minute. Other reason is the resort – it’s simply beautiful! You’ve got a felling like inside the tropical jungle because whole resort is well decorated by tropical plants and flowers. Also sound of the resort after dark makes the atmosphere like in paradise because you can hear birds and another animals how they’re signing their songs.. Simply amazing!

What I really appreciate at Orchids after its general atmosphere and strategic location - definitely staff of the resort. People working there know what they do, always are smiling, friendly, polite and are ready to make your wishes real – always are willing to help!

Other positive things are cleanliness of whole resort, very tasty complimentary breakfast, tea and coffee for free available all day long for residents, free wireless internet, etc..

In my personal opinion I should say that you can’t get more for the money you pay at Orchids! Can recommend to everybody, solo or groups! Let’s go to Orchids and make your dream holiday real!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Orchids Resort? Share your experiences!