“Great place to make "Frendz"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Frendz Resort Boracay

You added Frendz Resort Boracay to your Saves list
Frendz Resort Boracay
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   Boat station 1 | White Beach, Aklan Province 5487, Philippines   |
Ranked #16 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
Quezon City, Philippines
“Great place to make "Frendz"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

(Context: I had my accommodation taken care of even before I got my ticket, but after a mix up, I lost it. So, there I was on the bus that just left Manila bound for Clark Airport, with no room reservation, a low batt iPad and mobile phone. Surfed the net for rooms and tada! A friend called with a suggestion and I searched up the place, read a bit about it and checked the reservation policies - which needed downpayment. But, I still got the number nonetheless and sent a message inquiring if I can reserve a bed (I went for the dorm room rather than a room all to myself). Then my iPad died. Soon after, they gave me a call to confirm my reservation and after putting the phone down, my battery died.)

Upon arrival in Frendz, I went to the reception with 3 other travelers from France and were oriented on the policies including the valuables deposit (which I utilized everyday and I believe it's safe as I still have my iPad and stuff). And true enough, I had a reservation under my name and it was written on the board. I came alone but the staff was really friendly and welcoming, was offered my welcome drink and drank it at the common area where I sat and started talking to the people in the seat next to me, while waiting for my bed to be arranged.

The bed I rented (dorm type, so I shared with 5 other people) wasn't airconditioned, it just had 2 fans and since I'm not a very picky person, I'm fine with that. They do have airconditioned rooms that you rent but I never got to see what it was like.

The staff there don't just do their job to arrange reservations and maintenance, they really try to strike up a conversation with you, giving tips on what you want to do (be in kite surfing, finding the best food in the area, etc).

The common area is a place where you can use Wi-Fi (they have 2 access points) and can just literally strike a conversation with anyone because they're open to meeting new people. The place is so conducive to socializing and they have a good chill music selection. I heard there was happy hour and that it was fun but by that time, I was 'saved' by my friends and transferred to their place. (They also have a skim board you can borrow while other places rent them out!)

When I go back to Boracay, I will definitely stay here again rather than the other 2 places I stayed in during my 5 day stay in Boracay (I'll be writing reviews about them soon), simply because the atmosphere (the accommodating and friendly staff, the people who frequent that place) does more than make up for the lack of 5-star facilities. :)

Room Tip: If you're alone and not picky, a dorm room is good enough. Just rent a bed and make new friends...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

The resort is well located to get to White Beach (5mins walk down one straight path!) however, if you want to go to the main road to access the rest of the island (again about 5 mins walk) you have to walk through a dark little alley which didnt feel particularly safe to me! But this is SE Asia, which is pretty safe I guess. And if you just want to go to the beach it won't be a problem.

The rooms are like large huts made from wicker/wood. Our room was number 11. If they try give you this refuse it!! No air con, just a fan. And then as we were leaving the fan broke!! On 2 nights we awoke to find these weird flies on our bed! There were ants in the shower too.

If you're used to SE Asia you probably know that insects are everywhere so if that doesn't bother you then book this place as its cheap!! If it does bother you, stay in a building made from actual brick and concrete on the beach front!

Also, there was no wifi in the room! We had to go to the crowded restaurant area each time we wanted to be on the net. Also, we were unable each night to get to the restaurant - always too full!

On plus side the staff (Joanna especially) have us a really friendly welcome. And they arranged the transfer from Kaliningrad to the resort door which was super convenient!

• Stayed April 2013
roserein, Owner at Frendz Resort Boracay, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Just a few comments from our side: 1) Your major complaint was that we do not have aircondition in our rooms. You booked a room with no aircon, note that we have different room types which can be booked: one with aircon and another one without aircon. 2) The other complaint related to bugs: The island gets infiltrated 2-3 times a year with ‘termite flies’ for a couple of days. Usually in the months of April/May or Oct/November, even sometimes beachfront areas are affected. Whenever this occurs we are using some insect sprays to reduce the issue like all the hotels are doing. However, we also try to limit the usage to ensure a healthy environment. 3) No wifi in the room, yes you are right. We do not claim to have wifi in the rooms, it is only in our restaurant/bar area.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed my last three nights at boracay at FRENDz after reading all the reviews i was wondering what kind of place was it! and yes! is a super friendly, cozy and u meet people from everywhere and is cheap!.
Is located in the middle of station 1,2 is a 3minutes wlaking from the beach (from an alley next to Toast wine bar). is close and far from the noise and they have sunbeds in fron of the beach were u can realx and swim.
They have happy hour and live music som nights. free wifi.
I stayed at the mix dorms during the holy week... the hostel seem be super packed and busy but i manage to get a bed.
There was no ac a the room.... there was one day i woke up all sweating coz it was so hot.
Staff was super friendly and will help u we the information u need.
Ill defenitly come back to this place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Japan/USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

If you are looking for an amazing place to stay this is your place. Friendly staff, minutes for the beach and amazing places to eat. The vibe at Frendz is what Boracay is all about. Clean, safe, and wonderful food.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

my boyfriend and i stayed here for 5d4n and it was really wzorth it esp all of the staffs were ilOcanO sO my boyfriend gOt easily acquianted with them, we arrived early and thry gave us welcOme drink, we were naot able tao check in early because room was still occupied but we had our things deposited in their safety room and went away for bfast, the staff then texted us that the room is now ready. it was very homey and the loved our breakfast the next day. they gave us bag with beach towels and they always make up our room, though the aircon wasnt working until the last day but they were kind enough to give discount for the accommodation, i love the veranda of each cabin. and the bed was super comfortable. wl definitely stay here again...

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I didn't have reservations (bad idea in boracay) Saved my life ! fantastic prices. clean and comfortable. I got to try out both the rooms and the dorms and it was really a very pleasant experience. The dorms were very comfortable and for the price, very reasonable. you have a choice with the rooms as well. more money = more comfort. but irrespective, very cosy and comfortable. Made amazing friends, i do hope we stay in touch. Dont look anywhere else and please make sure you are there on fridays for happy hour evenings. it is pretty much in the centre of everything and all the nice places are pretty much walkable from the resort. I would definitely go back again !

Room Tip: depends on the pocket. Choose what fits your wallet, you wont be disappointed.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We are happy with our stay at Friendz Resort. We have confirmed the good reviews that we have read about it and would be happy to stay again at Friendz. We also appreciate them serving us our ordered breakfast at 5AM even if they normally open their bar/restaurant at 7AM just to ensure that we would be ready for our expected 6pm pickup from MyBoracayGuide staff (transport provider). In addition, Reinhart and his family really sees to it that their guests are having a great stay at their place.

Room Tip: Paying extra for a private and air conditiioned room is so worth it because you will have a private...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Frendz Resort Boracay? Share your experiences!