“Fun, Friendly, & Amazing Location” 5 of 5 stars

Frendz Resort Boracay
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   Boat station 1 | White Beach, 5487, Philippines   |
Ranked #14 of 131 hotels in Boracay
Japan/USA
“Fun, Friendly, & Amazing Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

If you are looking for an amazing place to stay this is your place. Friendly staff, minutes for the beach and amazing places to eat. The vibe at Frendz is what Boracay is all about. Clean, safe, and wonderful food.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Indonesian first
manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

my boyfriend and i stayed here for 5d4n and it was really wzorth it esp all of the staffs were ilOcanO sO my boyfriend gOt easily acquianted with them, we arrived early and thry gave us welcOme drink, we were naot able tao check in early because room was still occupied but we had our things deposited in their safety room and went away for bfast, the staff then texted us that the room is now ready. it was very homey and the loved our breakfast the next day. they gave us bag with beach towels and they always make up our room, though the aircon wasnt working until the last day but they were kind enough to give discount for the accommodation, i love the veranda of each cabin. and the bed was super comfortable. wl definitely stay here again...

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I didn't have reservations (bad idea in boracay) Saved my life ! fantastic prices. clean and comfortable. I got to try out both the rooms and the dorms and it was really a very pleasant experience. The dorms were very comfortable and for the price, very reasonable. you have a choice with the rooms as well. more money = more comfort. but irrespective, very cosy and comfortable. Made amazing friends, i do hope we stay in touch. Dont look anywhere else and please make sure you are there on fridays for happy hour evenings. it is pretty much in the centre of everything and all the nice places are pretty much walkable from the resort. I would definitely go back again !

Room Tip: depends on the pocket. Choose what fits your wallet, you wont be disappointed.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We are happy with our stay at Friendz Resort. We have confirmed the good reviews that we have read about it and would be happy to stay again at Friendz. We also appreciate them serving us our ordered breakfast at 5AM even if they normally open their bar/restaurant at 7AM just to ensure that we would be ready for our expected 6pm pickup from MyBoracayGuide staff (transport provider). In addition, Reinhart and his family really sees to it that their guests are having a great stay at their place.

Room Tip: Paying extra for a private and air conditiioned room is so worth it because you will have a private...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

When I was leaving, I had the thought in the mind, "That could very well be the best, not one of the best, but THE BEST, hostel experience I've ever had." I only had a short 2 night stay here at Frendz, but if this was the beginning of my vacation rather than the end, there is no doubt I would have cancelled some other plans and just stayed here longer. It all began when I was making my booking and had very friendly and prompt communication with Jonah about my reservation. I ended up getting a deluxe private room with A/C for the first night and moved to a standard fan only private room the second night, since that was what was available. The fan cools off the room really well though...I just felt like treating myself to some A/C on my birthday. I was greeted with two welcome drinks due to arriving on my B-day, which was a nice touch from the very friendly owner, Reinhard.

The best part of my stay here was meeting the other travelers staying here. It's an extremely welcoming environment to meet others here. They have a reserved spot on the beach, which is just a 2 min. walk away, with umbrellas, chairs, and the ability to put drinks and food on your room bill so no need to bring cash to the beach. On Friday night, the hostel had a happy hour/dinner special with live music from a local artist. They also let a few guests come up and sing/play a few songs, including myself. It was a great start to the night and got everyone in with a group to enjoy the rest of the night. I came to Boracay to party and chill at the beach. This place helped make that happen with some awesome people. Thanks Frendz!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

you come to borocay for fun in the sun. but you stay because of this hostel. was only supposed to be here for five days and it ended up beimg twelve. can't wait to get back here and the service the people the location all amazing top notch hostel and you can't put a price on the memories you'll make here

• Stayed March 2013
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I'm not one for rating or blogging about hostels but I have to about Frendz In Boracay. The island is amazing to start with and there is soooo much to do and for this you want a great place to stay, and Frendz is a great place to stay!

You arrive at a dirt track back alley and your trike driver in broken English, points down there and to the right, you hop over the half built or half destroyed wall and still curiously wander where am I going till you see a 'Frendz Resort' sign and a laid back local pointing you to reception. As you check in with a beer in hand, you look at all your soon to be friends chilling out in the common room and you realize this is going to be good!! And man was it good.

This is even before you step the 200metres towards the golden sand!!

If you are looking for a five star all amenity resort with all the bells and whistles Frendz ain't going to be your place, and truly the rest of the guests probably won't want you there. This is the perfect place for someone who wants a chilled laid back, great place to meet great new people and to remember Boracay as one of the top travelling trips you will ever do!! Because that's how I feel! The facilities are more than adequate for an accustomed traveller, one on a budget or a group of students on a reading week, the food is great (mango chicken all the way' but if you do fancy a change head to Smoke restaurant in D'Mall a well recommended place by all who stay at Frendz), the beer is cold, the service is top notch...I don't know how they remember all that goes on!! The beach is close and apparently there is 2 sides to the island (though numerous of us that stayed there didn't know that cus you did not need to venture far for anything when staying here), Ariel's point is a highly recommended trip (just see Jeff at the bar - he'll set that up).

If going to Boracay I highly advise to book well in advance and for your whole trip,we saw too many have to either change rooms, check out for a few days because Frendz was sooo busy... But everyone always came back!!

If you want to make friends STAY at Frendz!!

Room Tip: Lots of types of rooms from dorms with shared baths to family style living... Apparently somebody ha...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Frendz Resort Boracay? Share your experiences!