Looking from outside the fence, Frendz resort's facade does not seem inviting at all... My friends and I were all thinking "I hope this is not it." but once we got inside the property, everyone thought "Oh, this is nice!"
We rented three private rooms. The rooms are average but pretty much comfortable. The sheets smelled fresh. The bathroom marbles could use a little bit more cleaning but perhaps that's just how they're supposed to look like. The rooms also have verandas where we hang our towels and clothes to dry.
Unfortunately, it was raining on-and-off in Boracay during our stay. The bottom of the nipa huts accumulated water and this is where the mosquitoes bred. The dirty water also made its way to the pipes and so the water coming from the bathroom faucet and the water closet was dirty and smelled really bad. This is the case for all three nipa huts we rented. However, we were happy that the water coming from the hot shower was clean so we didn't have to worry about where to take a shower. But I hope Frendz will do something about this.
The staff are very nice and accommodating. I also liked staying at the comfortable common area where they have free wi-fi. It's also great that Frendz Resort guests can stay at the beach chairs in front of Steakhouse (at the beach front) for free so we didn't have to worry about where to hang out during idle time.
I enjoyed my first trip to Boracay. We stayed at the nice side of Station 1/2 but didn't have to spend so much on accommodation! I will recommend this to more friends and make sure to come back. :)
- Also Known As:
- Frendz Resort Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Frendz Resort Boracay Hotel
- Frendz Hotel Boracay
- Boracay Frendz Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frendz Resort is located only a 2 minute stroll to the main white beach, close to all great restaurants and bars. We cater to all budgets. Beautiful bungalows set in tropical gardens. Great reputation. 24 hour backup generator (a must on Boracay), free WIFI, pool table, great food and nightly happy hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Frendz Resort Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.