“Second time was as great as the first!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sitio Angol, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #11 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
Boracay, Philippines
“Second time was as great as the first!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

For our second trip to Boracay, we decided to stay again at the wellness heven Mandal Spa. With hilltop views of the ocean surrounded by lush gardens far away from the hustle and bustle of the tourists area...this is the quiet perfect retreat were searching for. We were amazed yet again with the level of service provided by the owner Sir Jove and his wonderful team. They went well above our expectations in every area... AGAIN! We did some yoga, had some treatments, ate seafood...perfect!

Room Tip: Both we have stayed in were great!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I'm a city boy.
Most of my spa experiences have revolved around what the city provides as ''spa'' centres. Boy, was I totally missing out.
One visit to the Mandala Spa and Villas was what brought me to this realization.
While it suffices to say that everything about THIS spa is EXCELLENT and that it's almost difficult to say just one thing about the experience that stood out, let me attempt to elaborate...

Here, each of the senses are paid tribute to in a true cohesion of nature's beauty and man's expertise. A tranquil pathway from the entrance leads you to an embrace of lush greenery until you are greeted by their welcoming staff.

If one notices these things, you would note how well-trained the Mandala staff are as even their very movement can be mesmerizing.

Once your treatment begins, tranquility becomes bliss. The softest sarong, the fragile flower petals rubbed against your tired feet as they are washed in activated water, the choices of scented natural oils, their therapist's expert touch and the faintest music highlighting nature from outside.

I became putty. Happy putty, I'm telling you.

I would not even attempt to explain the treatment I had beyond it being scrubs, massages and facials. It was 2.5 hours of heaven on Earth is all I can really say.

After the generous 2.5 hours (none of this is rushed), you are offered a pot of tea. This is no sad tea, mind you. Its ginger base and other ingredients confirm that whatever troubles there might have been have already gone.

Do not be surprised if you look at yourself in the mirror after all that and notice that your skin seems to be glowing. I was. My eyes weren't deceiving me then, because my friend actually said the exact same thing when she saw me.

I needed to spread the word, so as soon as I left, I whipped out my phone and tweeted about the experience (city boy, remember?)
I got several tweets back from people who have had their own Mandala Spa experience. All echoed my satisfaction (some even said they didn't want to leave)
That assured me, really, that what I had was a consistent Mandala Spa and Villas experience.

So, yeah. City Boy Met Mandala.

• Stayed August 2012
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

After a disappointing massage in one of the local massage place, I was so happy that Mandala spa was recommended to us. I didn't expect to find an amazing spa in this island. The ambiance is just gorgeous,outside and inside the villa.The staff are friendly and polite and well trained,very professional in what they do. Had the very first time to have the Hawaiian Kahuna massage and it was so relaxing...and sensual i would say( done professionally,of course. Best for couples) Just love the foot bath before the massage and ends with a floral bath and coconut drink! What a great treat for myself! Best spa i ever experienced! I would like to go back and probably spend a day or two to really enjoy the whole package. I hope this place will expand and have one in the United States and major cities in the Phil.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

As soon as you enter the little tree covered entrance driveway to Mandala, the madness of Boracay literally evaporates behind you.
Even during the rainy season, it was an absolute delight to share the space with just a few others, & the staff were incredibly attentive. Special arrangements were made for meals including the chef & assistant cooking a 5 course meal on our terrace.
The pool villa is incredible, with total privacy, views over the beach & actually no reason to leave, as we had one treatment right on the terrace adjacent to the pool....the sound of raindrops, light wind, ocean waves & birds.....
Consider the very special watsu water treatment, carried out in the owners private pool.
There is a reason Mandala has won every award going - they are world class, professional & have only very limited space....their awards are based on quality, not quantity.

Room Tip: Only one pool villa - worth the splurge if you have the time to enjoy just sitting on the terrace &a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I still keep talking about it 8 years after, and I will still talk about it for the rest of my life!

This is the best spa I have ever been to. The moment we came in till the time we left, it was absolutely amazing. These young tiny young ladies can make you fall asleep in seconds. They have all the expertise to make an exhausted traveler feel really relaxed.

It's all worth it, my words aren't enough!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Mandala Spa is an oasis in the party island of Boracay. Set in beautiful grounds the villas are fantastic, spacious and very well decorated with a lovely big bath, outdoor shower and glass doors on the entire front of the villa that open to a balcony and let lots of light in.
It is really good value for money with a massage included each day in the privacy of your own villa and a yoga class every morning which we took advantage of followed by a lovely healthy breakfast served by the friendly attentive staff Allain, Greg and Fan.
The staff on reception were excellent, very friendly and professional and couldn't do enough to help us. A special mention to Allain who handled our transfers, he was very friendly and looked after us during our stay. Jove, the manager, was very professional ensured everything about our stay was to the highest standard. All the staff helped make our holiday that bit more special.
We didn't have any spa treatments but the massages in our villa were fantastic and very relaxing. The ipod with the chillout music was a nice touch.
We stayed here as part of our honeymoon and it was very romantic.
I would definitely recommend a stay at Mandala Spa & Villas.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cebu Island, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

As more treatments become available (and even encouraged) for everyone, it can be a challenge to know what's worth your time and money. Given Boracay's reputation as a hard-partying beach island, the pampering done in Mandala after all the activity in the beach makes up for the almost two-hour communion with serenity and tranquility. Please read more here - http://t.co/bKXGZWme and here http://theglamarazzi.com/2012/06/11/mandala-spa-boracay/

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mandala Spa & Villas? Share your experiences!