“Best spa experience yet, AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #9 of 132 Hotels in Boracay
Boracay, Philippines
“Best spa experience yet, AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

My wife and I spent 5 amazing days at the Madala Spa. Service first class (coming form a hotelier that says a lot), beautiful setting in the jungle, all the modern amenities you can ask for. We had a few treatments and all were fantastic. The staff were all nice, smiling, making us confortable and welcome at all times. We were greeted by the owner upon arrival which was something unexpected. Very nice young man who had all the local knowledge we could have asked for. He even went as far as to come with us to town to show us the best sea food restaurant!! Nothing but great things to say, wonderful experience!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

I really still wonder how I missed out on Mandala Spa all those years I visited Boracay. One lucky less hectic afternoon I gave in and I never looked back. I am hooked!!! I started with the Signature massage which is just pure relaxation. I came back a few days later to try the Hawaiian Kahuna which made me feel so loved and sexy after, best experienced as a couple. What really blew me away was the Stone Magic Therapy which I have tried in my last trip to Bali. But at mandala it was just flawless. the girl assigned to me was a master without any hesitation in her strokes/ moves. The stone ( hot and cold) gave my body a jolt that was so pleasurable and surprising at the same time. For me this massage showcased the real class of the therapists at mandala. No wonder they have been given so many awards. At first I thought the spa treatments were a one-time splurge I would give myself but i sure came back for more. Just a tip, before going bring your own anti-mosquito cream and spread all over because it can get really itchy if lying on your back.

Room Tip: Say that you are a 2nd time guest
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Boracay, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We had the Hawaiian Kahuna Massage and yes, I can say it was very sensual. Al throughout I was in the moment feeling every warm slippery stroke of the therapist. Very relaxing and I did fell asleep right at the end of the treatment until a group of guests (probably staying in the villas) passing by were quite loud which woke me up. Not a big deal but it would have been nice to wake up with a soft voice or just by simply waking up. Overall the experience we had was amazing! the garden, the villas, the sound and of course the therapists and the staff, they all smile which makes everything perfect! Thank you Mandala! Keep it up!

Joanne & Ben

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

While planning for our wedding, we were looking for a great hotel and a great spa place for our wedding preparations. Looking for a hotel AND a spa place easily costed us P120,000 (roughly around $2,790) for 2 nights.

That's when we discovered Mandala Spa and Villa. At Mandala, you can get a honeymoon package for P60,000 (roughly around $1,400) inclusive of your very own Villa, Spa Treatments/Massages on a daily basis, Yoga classes, Lunch and Dinner meals, and your own access to the beach.

Knowing that it is our wedding, the staff was kind enough to have upgraded us TWICE. We stayed the Pool Villa and it was HEAVEN! We had our own sun deck, complete with our own pool and bbq place. We were even able to accommodate a group of 15 people for a dinner party! The Villa was to-die-for and has a great view of the beach. I can go on.

The Spa treatments are also amazing. I have been going to Boracay every single year form 2003 - Present and believe you me, I have tried so many hotels and spa treatments to last me a lifetime. Mandala Spa is one of the BEST.

The only complain I have is the service. It is a sanctuary, very serene and quiet so the staff tends to be laidback. At the strike of 10pm-9am, it's hard to call the concierge to ask for anything. However, the staff has been so warm and flexible. We had the most insane requests because it was our wedding and suppliers and guests were in and out of our Villa and they were so helpful.

Room Tip: Tell them if you are on honeymoon to get upgraded
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

If you’re looking for a place to stay where you can truly relax and recharge I recommend Mandala Spa. It is quieter, more peaceful than most of the hotels in Boracay, and far from the noise and busy party people. The resort villas are beautiful, clean, and large with a spacious bathroom, outdoor shower and a small balcony with beautiful garden. Everything was very clean and my bed was very nice. There were flowers scattered throughout the bedroom and bathroom . In the evening it’s like a fairyland with magical pathways. The ambience was absolutely beautiful. And what I love best about the place is I have privacy.

Spa treatments was superb, with very well trained therapist. A touch of class that you will not experience anywhere else, with peaceful ,soothing music...I feel refreshed. Spa villas are awesome. They are very inviting and clean. I could say the service was great and the massage I got was the best. I was very pleased with the service.

Staff were friendly, very courteous and helpful.

When you visit Boracay don’t miss to go to Mandala Spa to experience tranquility and peaceful surroundings . A wonderful place for mind and body therapy. In my short time with Mandala I feel relaxed and rejuvenated. It was a great experience!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

so many good reviews here resulted in us booking the mandala on boracay. the houses are really nice and cosy but the disadvatages were too many:
- a garden view ment we were looking on a brick wall with some bamboo covering
- because of the "garden view" the room was very dark and we switched on the lights in sun shine
- no tv in the rooms
- requests that i find normal (e.g. asking for a dvd to rent which is offered in the room guide) could not be dealt with in the evening (at 8 pm!) as the staff did not know where the dvds were.
- no restaurant for dinner
generally the resort needs some renovation, bamboo covering of the walls are falling off, the roofs need improvement
the staff is trying hard and is very nice, but sometimes this is not enough....
a bonus was the daily yoga class they offer and the free massage

all in all too expensive (Euro 200 per night) for what you get

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dumaguete City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

I admit that I am not a spa aficionado but I do enjoy a thorough and professional massage when on vacation and when my body screams for mercy after styling and directing a grueling shoot or fashion show, running Dumaguete Outdoors Travel & Tours, and of course, as a much-deserved reward. I am very particular when it comes to my body and am careful with whom to entrust my aches and pains. Mandala Spa is definitely one of the few places I regard as consistent in delivering me to bliss! So on this most recent Boracay trip, I grabbed a chance to experience the Hilot Trilogy which is apparently the rage among my peers. I wanted something strong yet relaxing, and a unique experience to brag about when asked about my trip, and that was exactly what I got. Mandala’s therapists are amazing. The seamless flow of the therapist’s movements lure you to unadulterated bliss, while the pressure of their strokes knead away every bit of tension even where you least expect it. I loved the soothing warmth from the Bentosa cups and the Dagdagay foot massage was an unexpected treat for someone like myself who adores a good foot massage. I drifted in and out of consciousness and if not for the gentle nudge at the end of my session, I would have slept until my Prince came to carry me away to a happy ever after. Instead, I was thrilled with my punchy aqua sarong, a new addition to my coveted Mandala Spa sarong collection! I’ll be back to try something new on my next trip, so Mandala, surprise me once again!

Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Mandala Spa & Villas? Share your experiences!