“Best location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Coconut Beach Hotel

You added Red Coconut Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Red Coconut Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   White Beach, Barangay Balabag | Between station 1 and station 2, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #49 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
Sydney, Australia
“Best location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Perfect location right in the middle of Boracay beach. The hotel may be old compared to the other newer hotels in Boracay but you will find yourself busy with all the activities in Boracay that you just need a place to sleep. Red coconut has the perfect location if you won't spend the whole day inside the hotel but go around Boracay island. It is walking distance to the wet market which was our favourite place to go and their cocobar makes the best "florida" cocktail.

Room Tip: poolside room is easy access to the beach.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This was just a quick 2 night visit to Boracay. Stayed at the Red Coconut again, due to the location, can't beat it.

All very good again from the check in, food, room (108 pool side) staff, breakfast, bar. All top notch.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a great stay in this hotel, we were sad to leave! The best was the bar and sun bed area. The Red Coconut bar is one of the busiest on the beach through the day. The bar staff are super friendly and personal and who doesn't like fruity cocktails on the beach? The room had all the extras and the showers were nice and hot. There are so many hotels in Boracay offering similar things but I got the feeling that ours was the friendliest. The buffet breakfast was scrumptious, especially the fresh omelette and waffle stand. I would highly recommend this resort to other couples and singles. The dance music playing all day might make it less suitable for a family or anyone seeking peace and quiet.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is a hard hotel to categorise with a review score. For us there were big positives but also big negatives while other people may find everything positive. So from our point of view:

The room which we had was a deluxe pool room and it was well-appointed with a comfortable double bed and a nice large bathroom with everything you need. It was clean and other than a few black ants in the bathroom, in good condition.

The location could be seen as very good as it is beachfront with loungers for guests on the beach. The loungers are very good and the security and drinks service is superb. Security is needed otherwise you would be disturbed by constant stream of hawkers. This section of the beach is great with clean sand and good swimming. During the day, it is a fine p[lace to be (so long as the weather is ok).

Breakfast is also great with a decent selection of food and a good egg station. The staff (not delivery people) we encountered throughout the hotel were polite and efficient.

There is wifi but only in the lobby, although as our room was close to the lobby, it worked for us if we went out onto the balcony. Slow though.

However, there were some aspects we didn't like. We were in room 108 and there was a constant stream of people walking past our balcony between the bar and toilet in the hotel. There was also a storage place right next to our room and on one occasion, someone making a delivery stopped, stared for ages and then made a very impolite comment about mixed race couples that my wife translated to me. Not the sort of thing you want when trying to relax on the balcony.

The bar can be seen to be a great feature for some, but for others a total pain. We tried it one evening (full of backpackers not staying at the hotel itself), but found the music to be awful and far too loud. It stops at exactly midnight, but if you want an early night at all - forget it as sleep is impossible till then, and even then there is lots of drunken shouting among people going back and forth to the toilet.

There is a swimming pool but it's more for the atmosphere of the place than the practicality of swimming as it is right in front of the restaurant and bar. Only once did I see someone in there. The sea is better anyway. There are also rats running around the swimming pool area (and across our balcony once) in the early hours when the music stops and the people have gone.

So, generally, we found this to be a hotel of a good standard but not one for those wanting rest and relaxation. More suitable for night owls that enjoy drinking and maybe great for those under 30 who can afford it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights and very glad I made the decision for this hotel. The room was the cheapest and was at the back of the hotel on the 3rd (top) floor. It was a bit dated with a small bathroom with a shower, small TV, with lots of channels, a very comfortable bed, sofa and was spotless, I was more than happy with it. This room was at the back of the hotel with a view of some old rooftops but was very quiet, the rooms at the front have balconies but may suffer a bit from the loud music from the bar.
At the front of the hotel there is a small pool, more for cooling off in than swimming, and the restaurant, breakfast very good, and bar which are situated on the beach. They are both excellent and are popular with non hotel guests especially the bar in the evenings which does play loud music.
There are ample very comfortable beach chairs and parasols for the guests on the beach right in front of the hotel with a person giving out the beach towels and a security guard. I had no problem leaving my valuables on my chair but was told that I should not do that but leave them with the security guard, I still left them on the chair.
The hotel is right in the middle of bars, restaurants and shops, a great location.
The one area for improvement was the wi-fi, which I only tried to use in the lobby, it was slow and very frustrating to use at times.
I would definitely stay here again if I came to Boracay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

ok so just stayed here, from 1/19-1/27 just before I left for boracay i read a negative review and was leery about the stay, but once you get there u can see why the previous reviewer thought this way. You gotta get one thing straight about this hotel and understand why or why not this hotel might be for you. If your number one priority is cleaniness, location, hospitality from the staff, a fantastic restaurant with great food, and great beach front access than this is (and was for me and my friend) the only place to stay in boracay. Also something to note the price of this hotel is noticibily cheaper than tthe district boracay (rated number 6 on trip adivsor)but 100 dollars more upon when i was going to book it) Well i am happy i chose the red coconut beacuse the free breakfast and clean rooms really made me happy that i had saved the extra 100 dollars.

In terms of beach front access it has a great CLEAN section of the beach. don't get me wrong all sections of this beach are clean just some areas have more rocks which can make walking a littlemore painful, but the redcoconut section is great, none of those aformentioned stones in the sand and great sunbathing chairs with or without large umbrellas to shade you from the hot sun. (also wifi is available on the beach) :)

Service, was great everyone greets you with a smile, the front desk people are especially nice easy to talk to, and are happy to help wiht any recommendations. One girl who wokred at the restaurant found out from my friend that i had a case of travelers diarrhea and told my friend that she would bring me a plate of food and give me medicine (as my friend was going to be busy with scuba diving). Well anyway, I managed to make it out to thank her and was able to get my own breakfast that day but that was extremely nice of her to do that, oh i forgot when i did make it out of my room to grab breakfast she then gave me an immodium too, and the next two days asked how i was doing with my illness. Very nice employee.

The food at the restaurant is superb, my recommendations being the steak and the prawns wrapped with bacon. Also it is nice that at this hotel breakfast is free, and lunch and dinner you get 10% off your meal

As for the room it is very clean, one thing to note is the wifi is not the greatest in the room but it is acceptable the bar area and on the beach where the sunbathing chairs are is where the signal is strongest.

They have great english at this hotel and makes communicating a breeze! Everyone greeted me with a Good morning SIr!

Mandatory policy that you have to give your room card to the staff before leaving for the day (this is to prevent you from having to worry about ever losing it) GREAT IDEA!

Now for the downside of this hotel.

the bar plays loud music (both good and bad) BUT we were still able to go to sleep every night. In terms of loudness...i would compare it to as faint as a tv turned on low volume in the farthest reaches of a distant room in your house, like you can make out a sound but not engouh to disturb you from what you are doing.

Next could be negative- If you are offended by seeing older men/strange looking men with young phillipino girls/prostitutes, happily drinking at a bar together....then this hotel is not for you (boh the men and women hang out at the bar looking to hook up)
Please do not let the notion of the prostitutes hanging ou at the bar scare you away from staying here, as i heard from a tour guide that 65% of the women on this island do this sort of thing. So no matter where you are you will see this. NOT just at this hotel.

water pressure in the shower is not great could be improved but gets the job done.

wifi in the room is spotty and could be improved.

So to wrap things up all in all my buddy and I are happy we stayed at this hotel. If given the chance i will definitely book here again, and would encourage any of my friends to do the same! :)

oh also if you can get a room on the first floor as you don't have to climb any stairs (hehe call me lazy haha)

Room Tip: any room on the first floor is great as you don' thave to walk down any stairs it really gives...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights during the beginning of January. The location is great as it's beach front and in station 2. If you are looking for night life, this is the place to stay; however, if you're looking for R&R, try to look for something elsewhere or in station 1. The bar at the hotel is constantly super busy from morning to night and it gets quite loud. Food at the restaurant is okay, nothing special. We only had breakfast here as it was included with our stay. However, there cococino drink from the coffee shop is delicious! Rooms are spacious with a large balcony. Our room was clean for the most part, BUT we had a huge ant issue in our room. Service was good and staff were consistently friendly. Hotel pool is small but well maintained. The service on the beach was consistently good, we never had an issue with finding a sun bed. Overall, our stay was good, but I was really bothered by the ant issue in our room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Red Coconut Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!