“Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Patio Pacific Boracay

You added Patio Pacific Boracay to your Saves list
Patio Pacific Boracay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boat Station 1, Brgy. Balabag | (office in Multinational Bancorporation Center), Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #33 of 137 Hotels in Boracay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Q.C.
“Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

Our stay at Patio Pacific is perfect!!!!!! We purchased the 3days/2nites package inclusive of Seair flights at Phil. travelmart at Megamall at a very reasonable price. The clean and cozy room, food attendants, waiters, amenities including swimming pool really exceeded our expectations. The food was in generous servings and tastes really good!! Though the resort is non beach-front, it's just less than 5 mins. walk to the white beach and very close to D'Mall. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone. :)

• Liked — Very clean
  • Disliked — NONE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bulacan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2007

Your staff is very accomodating, your room is very lovely, and the food was great.

Keep it up Patio Pacific. We'll definitely consider you again when we go back to Boracay. Thanks for making our first time a grand time.

• Liked — The helpful and smiling ever staff.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2007

This has got to be one of the finer non-beachfront resort at Boracay, Philippines. The resort is known by locals and is just off the road. My brother & I took were given a comfy room at the second level. It was great with nice-smelling mattresses & pillows. The room itself is clean and relatively new. The toilets are fine as well complete with soap, shampoos, toothpaste & even a shaving foam with a razor of course. The shower does have a heater and toilet flush works perfectly too. I believe the room we went to is newly refurbsihed given all the seemingly new stuffs around.

What I don't like about the room is the two wall lamps over our beds. I can't seem to switch it off without removing the main room key. I wish they could provide more reading materials too in the room.

I loved the buffet breakfast we were treated at. It was superb! I was spoilt for a variety of choices laid out at the table. There's a taste for everyone! The waiters though quite few for all the guests they have were very professional, polite and always have a ready smile to anyone.

As a guest, I was able to use for free their gym & swimming pool. The gym is quite small and the machines are not really that up to date. I guess it's fine because very few guest seem to frequent it. Though for someone who has been a member of a first class gym, it can be a disappointment. Kudos to their fitness pros though who are always around.

I have access to the pool too. My only comment is that i wish the jacuzzi works like a true jacuzzi.

Overall, I had a good stay at the resort and will not think twice booking it again in the future.

Do visit my blog about Boracay at http://www.shaydelgado.com/?p=3

• Liked — I like the fact that the rooms are clean and completely furnished!
  • Disliked — That's not beachfront and the long walks entailed can put me off sometimes.
  • Stayed June 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Manila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

Despite our early booking, the staff still gave us rooms in the annex, which was a good 5-minute walk from the beach. The location was far less attractive than what we were expecting based on Patio Pacific's marketing.

The bathrooms were open-air, an attractive proposition at first, but not when the humidity kicks in--they are not air conditioned in any way. Noises from other tenants emanated from the lightwell while you were bathing or using the toilet. Very distracting. A window peeping into the bathroom from the bedroom (presumably a concession to Korean couples) was another distraction, since I was rooming in with a friend. The room itself was pleasant, if a bit cramped.

That was the good part. What really left a bad taste in the mouth was management's failure to retrieve my cellphone after I had forgotten it after checkout. It scares me to think that the people responsible for cleaning your room in your absence, while all your valuables are there, would pocket something when they feel they are no longer accountable. Which is a shame, really, since the service from the staff was otherwise good.

The bottom line is, I'm expecting much more from a supposedly world-class establishment. I'm definitely not tempted to return any time soon.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — lack of integrity
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2007

Stayed @ the end of May. Didn't like the fact that the washrooms on the ground floor of the hotel was open to the outdoor climate. The hotel staff was very helpful with tips on where to go and very attentive. They were the best part of the stay.

If I was to go back to Boracay, I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2007

We stayed at the Patio Pacific Boracay (formerly called Pink Patio) on April 27 to 30, 2007. Our trip to Boracay was sort of instantaneous; we crammed to get a booking only four days before our trip to Boracay! I turned to Trip Advisor which led me to Patio Pacific (along with other hotel choices).

Overall experience was just about average --- the good and bad evens out. If there is one thing that really ruined our stay, it was the service. By the way, service was very inconsistent. It really depends on who is "serving" you. Here are the highs and lows that made the most impact (good or bad) to us.

HIGH

a. Superb customer service at the point of booking for the hotel stay! My email was immediately responded to by an account manager (Pam) who diligently followed through our booking until she was able to confirm the availability of a deluxe room for the duration of our stay (it was peak season and hotels are full; we have also been checking on other hotels). Provided us with complete information about the package, including the transfer/trip from airport to Boracay, the fees that we will have to pay, and other useful information which we indeed find useful during the trip!

HIGH
b. Booking was very simple, easy and convenient! Everything was done via email -- confirmation, payment, etc. No need to go to the bank or to visit their office for the payment.

HIGH
c. Very honest and transparent account manager! Pam sensed our excitement for getting a confirmed booking. When she learned that we are not familiar with Boracay, she volunteered to me information about their hotel location --- not a beach front and about 60 meter-walk to the beach -- information that I thought hotels would not divulge because this would be a negative point for resorts/hotels in such a place (Boracay); and offered that we think it through before we finally confirm and make the payment.

LOW
d. Very slow check-in process at the hotel upon our arrival. The front desk officer was totally oblivious of our condition (we were so tired from the 2-hour trip from Kalibo to Boracay). Despite telling him that we were tired, he went on s-l-o-w-l-y with the check-in process and slowly recited his script (e.g., where breakfast is served, etc.). There was not even an enthusiastic welcome or smile given to us (we were not even offered a seat while waiting as he s-l-o-w-l-y did his check-in routine).

HIGH
e. When we got to the other side of the street (yes, one has to cross the street from the reception area to the deluxe rooms or to the beach), a very lively and lovely lady greeted us with an energetic "Hello! How are you feeling today?" and served us with our welcome drink. Wow, that was nice :) It would have been great if that was how we were welcomed at the reception area.

HIGH
f. We got a Honeymoon Package. We were really pleasantly surprised when we entered the room; it was romantically decorated with a pair of swan (made out of folded towels,and put together, they shaped like a heart) and rose petals on the bed and by the bath tub. Crystal vases with floating candles accentuated the bed side and the bathroom! Room is very clean, bathroom is clean, sheets are clean, towels are fluffy (new).

LOW
g. The room is small and there are no views from the windows. The bath tub drain is clogged. We reported it on the first night. A guy came up and used his bare hands to try to make the water subside. On the following day when I chanced upon the housekeeping guys, I reported the matter to them but they did not do anything. It was fixed later on in the evening (after we've talked to the butler assigned to us during our dinner).

HIGH
h. Part of our package was a romantic dinner for two. The set-up was superb, romantic and elegant! Very impressive up to the minutest detail --- for instance, the intricate borders on the table cloth using very tiny flower buds (about 1 to 3 centimeters)! Very great work of art!!! The food served to us was fabulous! Do not miss their chicken specialty -- you won't regret it!!!!

HIGH
i. I left my credit card in one of the shops on the island. I sought help from one of their officers to call the shop and check my card. In short, I got my card back.

LOW
j. We misplaced the room key inside the room (when we detached it from its necklace key chain). Although we are sure about it, we did not have time to look for it before we checked out. Upon check-out, the lady did not notice that the key was missing when i turned over the entire thing (the necklace key chain with the room number tag and the wooden stick (for turning the power on in the room) to her. Thus, I informed her to please have someone check the room because we have detached the room key and misplaced it inside the room. Guess what? The other guy insisted that we pay 200 pesos for the "lost key" as duplication fee!!! After an hour and a half, they notified us that they found the key in the room (but we have already left by then).

LOW
k. Our package also includes the transfer between airport and hotel. On the day of departure, we were asked to pay for our own fare in going to Kalibo airport. The reason given to us is that we were supposed to join a group going to Kalibo that morning but since the group already left, therefore, we are to shoulder our transportation expenses. Nobody informed us that we were being joined to a group. Moreover, the night before, the front desk staff advised us that we may depart anytime before 730am; it was only 650am when we were at the lobby "waiting" for our departure to Kalibo.

By the way, the price is reasonable. We got our package 4D3N for about US$400 (without airfare).

Will I stay in this hotel again? Not in the near future. Given the choice, I will check out other hotels. I think I can get better service elsewhere for the same price.

• Liked — The romantic dinner -- ambiance, set-up, the people who served us and the food!!!!
  • Disliked — The bad customer service experience (at the front desk check in and check out)
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Quezon City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2007

Yes, it may not be beachfront but the prices are reasonable....but the main good thing about this palce is the staff. They are very friendly and helpful. The food is good too. It has that homey atmosphere. Me and my family will definitely be back.

• Liked — good service
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
PatioPacificBoracay, Marketing Officer at Patio Pacific Boracay, responded to this review, May 1, 2007
Dear guests,

Thank you for all your feedbacks. Rest be assured that we'll take note of them and use them to better serve you.

Thank you!

Patio Pacific Boracay

Been to Patio Pacific Boracay? Share your experiences!