“Perfect location and service but might need to renovate soon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Soleil de Boracay

You added Le Soleil de Boracay to your Saves list
Le Soleil de Boracay
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boat Station 2 Boracay Island, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #49 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
Manila
“Perfect location and service but might need to renovate soon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is my second time visiting Boracay and also my second time staying here in Le Soleil. It just meant that I was very contented with my first stay here that I didn't even bother looking for another hotel for my second trip.Thing is, things change.

Amenities / Beach front
First, the pool needs renovation. It looks and feels old. Although it looks okay, once you get closer, you can see the deterioration of it.

Their beach front was also okay. Because it is habagat season, there were wind breakers in front and that is understandable because they usually put that to protect the property from strongs winds and waves. If you dont want such an unsightly view, dont visit during June - Sept.

They have security guard to watch over your stuff while you swim at the beach. That's the biggest plus point for me.

Room
Second, the rooms (I stayed in the old wing, second floor) might also need renovations soon. The furniture looks old. but the bed is still superb which is an important factor. The bathroom lacks hooks and needs renovation. Other than that, I like the plastic outdoor furniture in the veranda as it is comfortable even though it's made of plastic.

Disregarding my comments above, I would've given this hotel resort a 5 start for their service and location. They do provide towels for you to bring to the pool or beach. Just ask from the guard on duty by the entrance, inform your room number and youre done! You can also bring it directly to your room. Same goes with the pool if you want to borrow.

The front desk staff are very helpful friendly and polite. They also were kind enough to accommodate requests. The waiters in the cafe were very friendly and prompt as well!

Food - Breakfast
For the breakfast food, there were some viands that was changed daily but some were staples like rice, pancakes, congee etc. On our 4 day stay, we had 3 breakfasts. My favorite viands were tapa, garlic rice (get additional garlic for your garlic rice from the congee condiments), adobo, corned beef. Honestly, the food is not something to rave about but it's good enough to make you full and enjoy some Filipino food.

Food - Dinner
We had 2 dinner buffets at Le Soleil. We arrived quite late on our first dinner and the food was already cold. The rice was very hard and as a rice eater, we didn't enjoy the meal right from the very start. The viands were cold as well and almost empty. The pasta was good though but nothing special. Their iced tea was bland. Too much water mixed maybe.

Overall
I'd be honest with you. Although they have good service and great location, this is my last time staying here in Le Soleil. I didn't like how the room felt and the washroom didn't quite match my expectations compared from my first stay here. Main reason for this being my last is because I want to try out other resorts too. I'll be trying out 2 Seasons or Discovery Shores/ Shangrila Boracay next time.

I'll be putting more information on my blog at www.cheftonio.com

Room Tip: Best rooms are those beside the pool area, ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Took the offer for 2+1 night free from myboracayguide.com for the the Premier room. The room hav 2 queen size bed, which me & my buddy can each hav one to roll around. Haha but as the resort is jus next to the beach, the room floor is alway very sandy. So most of the time we have to wear slipper & walk ard. Aircon work jus fine for us, except for a night, there is a blackout for a very short while. But i nv notice as i hav a few drinks in the night, totally knock out after lie in the bed.
Oh ya, the shower water is very weak, so u might have to take a longer time to shower. Wifi is definitely weak there, but we on holiday so why still get wifi. Jus keep the outside world away from u for jus a few days. Breakfast is not very good, the variety is very little & the food hav alot of room for improvement.
My fren did try their inhouse massage in the room for PHP500 on the last day of our trip, she say it not bad. I went to the Manggo which is in station 1 for the massage for PHP600 which is very good.
There is jus a bar 2 house away from the resort at night that quite happening, the DJ is from korea mayb that why there alot of korean ppl there. Juice bar which is at the other side is oso very fun, do paid a visit there after 11pm.
For seasfood which is cheaper by the beach, go to D'Talipapa. Is abit hard to find the way there. So get a map from the counter staff at the resort, ask for it coz the map is not displaced outside but is kept inside the counter drawer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at Station 3 in the past I wanted somewhere closer to the main area. The hotel is in a great location and is clean, comfortable with good AC, although the rooms are fairly basic. The staff were helpful at all times and made us feel welcome. The wifi in the lobby was hit and miss but that is a minor issue. A good reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Manila, Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Le Soleil de Boracay nice hotel at the beachfront of staion 2, good service with friendly staff, the room we got was a family room at the 3rd floor with an attic type second level room, i thought since it has an attic it would be located at the ground floor, but to my surprised it was at the third floor! my mistake for not specifically asking where the room was. But it was a nice place to stay, breakfast was good considering it goes with the package. Lunch, reasonably priced, compared to other restaurants around. Yes Boracay is getting expensive every year, and crowded too! 17 years ago the only resort hotel i remember then was Club Panoly and Bazoora Bar ( not sure if i got the spelling right) and the sand was in its purest white, now it was grayish white, our government should do something about this beautiful Island, they should implement what i heard on the news to rehabilitate or demolished structures that were set up illegally, disregarding the forest and encroaching the beachfront SOON! before we loose another island because of our greed. The beach of Boracay is perfect but in my opinion the corals in the beaches of Palawan are more beautiful! Come and see the natural beauty of the Philippines...

Room Tip: For a couple with 2 small or adult children the Family room is a good choice! Enjoy!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

the hotel is nicely located near the beach with own beach front. When you get tired of the beaches and you want to get to your air conditioned room, well you are there in two minutes. That's what I call a perfect beach hotel. The hotel itself is not so new anymore, but when you are inside their compound it seems you are miles away from the Boracay crowd. And their staff are attentive to your needs except the waitress at their pool who seems to be always sleepy and always in bad mood.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
West Covina, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Boracay is getting more expensive each year! I kept hearing its suppose to be cheap so I wanted to stay at the best resort for an average price but came to soon realized prices are not as cheap as I thought. So we opted for this "affordable-friendly" hotel. On a good note, this place is an excellent location. Beach front, friendly service, and close to everything in the heart of station 2. Free breakfast isnt too bad either.

But here comes the kicker, the room is old, musty, and not that clean. The AC was weak and the bed and pillows felt rough and not very comfortable. I hated the bathrooms even more! Our toilet and faucet even broke and we had to have them come and fix it for us! Ugh!

And the worst part is wifi is only accessible in the lobby or pool area and not in the comfort of your own room! ugh that really annoyed me.

Overall, I wasn't in love with this hotel. I wanted to have fun and go in the pool but saw all these old men "bathing" in the pool. Seriously, they were washing their armpits as if it was a shower instead of swimming like normal people. Well, it doesnt matter since you have a giant pool outside your door. But jut dont go during the summer months. I went in March and there was so much green algae along the waters and beach. I was so disappointed, :(

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LSDB, Public Relations Supervisor at Le Soleil de Boracay, responded to this review, November 7, 2014
Hello! We are happy to tell you that our hotel has undergone renovations and has improved a lot since your last visit. We have renovated our superior deluxe rooms as well as our swimming pool. Wifi routers have also been installed all over the premises, so connecting online would be easier. We hope you can visit us again to see that everything is more pleasant now. Thank you!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I can be pretty demanding, and Le Soliel met my expectations and, at times, exceeded them.

Internet poor, breakfast acceptable, but the staff and their attentiveness, friendliness made this a pleasant stay. An excellent waiter at breakfast, reception staff who understood and responded to our needs, towels handed to us as we came in from tropical rain ... all very nice!

The room was standard, but pleasant and well cleaned!

Location on Station 2, on the beach, close enough to D Mall is good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Le Soleil de Boracay? Share your experiences!