“My second stay, and not disappointed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Soleil de Boracay

You added Le Soleil de Boracay to your Saves list
Le Soleil de Boracay
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boat Station 2 Boracay Island, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #49 of 136 Hotels in Boracay
Hong Kong
“My second stay, and not disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was my second stay in this hotel. Hotels are variable in Boracay but I returned to this one as I had a great experience last time. Perfect location on the beach at station 2, lovely rooms with balconies by the pool. Can't really ask for more in Boracay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is amazing! Staff is friendly and polite.

Things that can be better:
Update the rooms (at least the one I stayed in), TV remote not working properly, smelly, toilet flushing not working (got a temporary fix), color scheme etc.

Food wise the breakfast was under all critic... Maybe better to fix a good menu and stick to it... Also some items such as omelet being made on request we were not aware of.

Would I go there again? I probably would as compared to other options, location etc it was great.

• Stayed February 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Location - great because everything around the hotel: the beach - 5 m, big shopping area 2 min walk, night club - next building, main promenade - just in front of hotel.
Hotel - ordinary standard hotel building, standard room, clean, everything works
Breakfast - boring, I was not hungry, but I didn't enjoy it.
Staff - great
Room (214) - quiet, nice pool view. There are development in progress on next site, but there was not any noise from there.

Room Tip: pool view room on 2nd floor is great
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Shanghai, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

[It's just a sleeping place]

After my wife and I had checked into this hotel, she started complaining about everything of the room, small room and space. And I tried to coax her: let's not expect too much. It's Station 2, good location, close to D'Mall, and besides it's just a sleeping place.

It's just a sleeping place. That's how we persuaded ourselves into everything whenever the hotel frustrated us:

- The water coming off the tap and sprinkler was not stable, it almost trickled out. The water pressure could change abruptly three times throughout a brief shower.
- The air-con reminded us of itself every minute it's on.
- The only bed in the room gave a creaking sound with every turn I made.

[But you can't fall asleep there]

We thought we could handle it until we found out that the "no loud music after 12 o'clock midnight" rule never worked. The bass from the sub-woofer continued into morning. Nobody took that rule seriously. The loud music wasn't music at all; it's just some booming sound. It's tasteless like a mango shake without mangoes.

[The hotel and staff just didn't care]

We said hello at the reception two days in advance of our check-in, asking for a quiet room, and we were told the room was in the pool area and was not noisy. Only when I started to struggle in bed did I find out that our room was the closest to the beach despite the arrangement we made earlier.

At 2 o'clock in the morning I dashed to the front desk to complain and check if I could move to a quieter room. The receptionist asked my room number and never followed up. They sort of gave you a feeling "we're sitting on a gold mine, so we don't need to worry."

[We gave up our last night to escape that place]

I don't want to use phrases like "ruined my holiday," "worst ever" and "disappointed" to express my feeling. But I want to state the fact that although we had paid in full for four nights we gave up our last night to escape that place before we went mad.

[Some suggestions to those who want a good location anyway]

This hotel might be a perfect fit for you if you shift your schedule this way:

08:00 PM You walk onto the beach to grab something to eat
10:00 PM You get out of the eatery and drop into a loud bar to get a drink
01:00 AM You get out of the bar, drop into another and get another drink
06:00 AM You go back to the hotel. It's still early, and it happens to be the time they starts serving breakfast, so you grab something
08:00 AM Time to go to bed. Have some really good sleep until 8:00 in the evening.

Room Tip: There are a few rooms at the far end of the pool, which might be, just might be, quieter. But beware...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were met at Kalibo airport by the Islands Express rep then put on the bus to the ferry terminal which was unfortunately a 2 hour drive away but it passed quite quickly as there is so much local activity on the way. When we arrived at the ferry we were all counted then put on the boat. When we reached Boracay after a pleasant 15 min. trip we were all put into the small bus to our various hotels. After about 10 mins drive we reached the resort and the rep insisted he pull our cases along the sandy path to Le Soleil Resort. THe hotel welcomed us with a free shell necklace and drinks then a very informal check in then we went to our rooms. Unfortunately the room we had booked was not free till the next day so we were given a room near the reception but the first thing i noticed was that the room had no windows so asked to be relocatted, no prob for 200 pesos more they gave us a luxury room close to the pool with our own 2 loungers as an apology. We settled in then time to explore!! From the front of the hotel the clear sea was about 30 metres walk straight ahead. WOW. Had a quick swim then food came to mind. The hotel had a good menu but i really fancied a lobster so we decided to look at the many many inexpensive restaraunts. Brilliant food then we walked on further then turned and walked past the hotel again marvelling at the shops and restaraunts. There were plenty security guards as every hotel has at least 2 armed!!!!!!!! guards, the cleanliness of the sandy road and the air of relaxation was overwhelming. You arn't even allowed to smoke on the beach and the touts were polite and unobtrusive, one 'Salamat Po' (no thanks) and you were left alone. Back at the hotel we were greeted back by the staff as if we were long lost friends and catered for us politely efficiently and very friendly. The evening was spent wandering the many bars and small clubs and closing time was not long after 12pm on the beach side and a bit later at the smaller bars. I could go on but this is just a brief summary of our first few hours. Summing up i would tell anybody to visit Boracay and Le Soleil Resort hotel. No complaints at all. The only thing on arrival back at Kalibo airport is the complete and utter organised chaos so allow a bit of time to get checked in. We were advised to leave Boracay at the very least 4-4.1/2 hours before our flight if not a bit longer
(15 mins boat,2 hrs bus and queing at the airport. If this has given you the idea of going Enjoy. We did, absolutely brilliant. Oh i nearly forgot, the sunsets are awesome, go up on the hotel balcony you won't be dissapointed

Room Tip: Try to get one out near the pool its little bit more expensive but well worth it
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Have stayed here with my family. This is a nice hotel with very good service. Everything (from transfer to rooms) are stored out when we arrive. We are located near the swimming pool which my kids really enjoyed. Near d' Mall, Mc donalds, etc. Service was good. ONly issues is the wifi not available in room. Bfast is also good. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Beijing, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I am extremely disappointed. For that price i expected a much better experience.

1) i got a room nearby the reception/restaurant. I got so much noise from both at anytime during the day AND the night. The hotel should make sure to offer a relaxing environment for the guests.

2) I got a lot of noise from the night club/bar too until very late. The walls were shaking !!!

3) 3 of my female friends wanted to stop by my room to use the bathroom few minutes. The hotel staff was tracking them as they would have been prostitutes and asked them to leave the hotel immediately. I know that there is a guest policy but it is not the kind of reaction a customer should experience at 8.30pm with clearly foreign tourist females!

The hotel by itself is not too bad but you can find a much better one around with a more relaxing environment and a better customer service for a cheaper price. I will not come back to this one for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Le Soleil de Boracay? Share your experiences!